• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Could Be Investigated for Tax Fraud, D.A. Says for First Time

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

The assertion by the Manhattan district attorney offered rare insight into the office’s investigation of the president and his businesses.

Wow.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office, which has been locked in a yearlong legal battle with President Trump over obtaining his tax returns, suggested for the first time on Monday that it had grounds to investigate him and his businesses for tax fraud.

The assertion by the office of the district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., offered a rare detailed disclosure about the office’s investigation into the president and his business dealings, which began more than two years ago.

Mr. Vance, a Democrat, has never revealed the scope of his office’s criminal inquiry, citing grand jury secrecy. The investigation has been stalled by the fight over a subpoena that the office issued in August 2019 for eight years of the president’s tax returns.

Lawyers for Mr. Trump have said the subpoena should be blocked, calling it “wildly overbroad” and politically motivated. Mr. Vance responded to that argument in a new filing that did not directly accuse Mr. Trump or any of his businesses or associates of wrongdoing.

However, prosecutors listed news reports and public testimony that alleged misconduct by Mr. Trump and his businesses. The reports, prosecutors wrote, would justify a grand jury inquiry into a range of possible crimes, including tax and insurance fraud and falsification of business records. It was the first time the office had included tax fraud among the possible areas of investigation.

“Even if the grand jury were testing the truth of public allegations alone, such reports, taken together, fully justify the scope of the grand jury subpoena at issue in this case,” prosecutors wrote.

I'm shocked, but not at all surprised.

And i think the Manhattan DA should be investigated for political HACKERY

BTW: How many rioters did this Liberal ****wit let go like the other cowflop DAs?
Trump has been dirty his whole life. He was taught by his father early on the ins and outs of tax fraud and money laundering.

Well, time will tell. A lot of this stuff will be made public when it goes to trial.

BTW: How many rioters did this Liberal ****wit let go like the other cowflop DAs?

What are you talking about exactly?

There is a huge difference between charges related to protesting such as disorderly conduct and charges related to outright criminal behavior like rioting, looting, and arson.

A city DA is going to prosecute a Federal tax violation? Ok, yeah, that ain't gonna happen.

Well, time will tell. A lot of this stuff will be made public when it goes to trial.

What are you talking about exactly?

There is a huge difference between charges related to protesting such as disorderly conduct and charges related to outright criminal behavior like rioting, looting, and arson.

And if Trump's tax returns are leaked to the public, someone will have committed a Federal felony

Nice deflection, it doesn't work. djt was a criminal long before these protests.

A city DA is going to prosecute a Federal tax violation? Ok, yeah, that ain't gonna happen.

He can totally get the President on State and local fraud charges.

What we do know publicly about a few of the Trump properties shows high likelihood for Tax fraud, insurance fraud and securities fraud.

So that’s cool.

Ever hear of state taxes? Also you do realize that Trumps bank was subpoenaed for a criminal inquiry that Deutsche bank did comply with regarding likely bank fraud and money laundering. None of this is news. Trump has always operated on this capacity.

What we do know publicly about a few of the Trump properties shows high likelihood for Tax fraud, insurance fraud and securities fraud.

So that’s cool.
Don't forget wire fraud (and potential RICO charges for the djt crime family)

Ever hear of state taxes? Also you do realize that Trumps bank was subpoenaed for a criminal inquiry that Deutsche bank did comply with regarding likely bank fraud and money laundering. None of this is news. Trump has always operated on this capacity.

So that’s cool.

Then, why are they chompin at the bit so hard to get his Federal tax returns?

Because the guy has always conducted his business affairs outside the law. In order conduct criminal investigations, there needs be probable cause. None of this is news. It's just only recently that law enforcement has started focusing on the elephant in the room.

They already have a ton of public records and the State tax records.

They know exactly what to look for when they get the records from Mazars.

I am sure it will be fine though. The President runs his business like he runs his charity.

For one thing a lot of the NYS and NYC tax returns are based on what is in the Fed.return,
Trump may be able to be pardoned from any Fed.tax charges or any Fed.charges by himself or by the Next President ( or Pence ) but the only one that can pardon him from state charges is the Governor of the state that brings the charges
I don't think Como will pardon him but you never know
have a nice evening

How is it political hackery for a prosecutor to investigate tax fraud of a lifetime conman?

For one thing a lot of the NYS and NYC tax returns are based on what is in the Fed.return,
Trump may be able to be pardoned from any Fed.tax charges or any Fed.charges by himself or by the Next President ( or Pence ) but the only one that can pardon him from state charges is the Governor of the state that brings the charges
I don't think Como will pardon him but you never know
have a nice evening

There's nothing on a Federal tax return that will prove tax fraud on state returns.

I’m not. Shocked, nor surprised.

A criminal is going to appoint a judge to the highest court in the land. If that alone doesn't push you onto the "time to pack the courts" team, I don't know what will.

That is one way of looking at it.

There's nothing on a Federal tax return that will prove tax fraud on state returns.

The records from his accountants could show wild inconsistencies with the value claimed based on who Trump Inc is reporting to.

We already see this pattern with the public filings of some of his buildings. One value when it comes to getting a loan, another value when it comes to taxes... and this isn’t just a little bit but a wild difference between the two values.

We all know he does this. His former lawyer testified to this before congress.

Wow.

I'm shocked, but not at all surprised.
Okay. The headline says this: "Trump Could Be Investigated for Tax Fraud, D.A. Says for First Time"

And the quote says this: " into the office’s investigation of the president and his businesses. "

So...which is it? Why are they saying he "could" be investigated when they say they are already investigating him? Hmmm?

Could it be they really don't care about any investigation? Could it be they just want to spout off stuff about Trump? You know...influence useful idiot voters?

(y) Yep...I think that's it.

New York City has a City Income Tax.

They can get him on that if they can find any true "tax evasion."

But wealthy people have an army of CPA's and tax lawyers whose only job is to save them as much money as they can LEGALLY.

I'd be surprised if this DA can find any serious issues. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom