• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Contradicts Himself On Border Wall In Tweets 11 Minutes Apart

I understand. My comment was about Trump's meaning of "Mexico will pay for the Wall".

Your position is so obvious; there was never any Trump Logic when he ran up the “who’s gonna pay for that wall?” He said to himself, these rubes eat this crap up........

I understand. My comment was about Trump's meaning of "Mexico will pay for the Wall".

That could work if a bill was written to earmark all future Mexican tax/tariff revenue to go directly into the Great Wall Of Trump fund. Trump would have a fit if such a bill was passed and you know it.

Its fairly difficult to spin "Mexico is paying for..." into "Congress must borrow to fund..." even using the most fragmented versions of TrumpSpeak imaginable.

Sort of like if you want to keep your doctor. Oh wait, that wasn't Trump!

So, you admit that Congress has to approve of the funding regardless if Mexico pays directly for it or indirectly for it?

Congress controls the purse strings. Unless you know something no one else knows.

That could work if a bill was written to earmark all future Mexican tax/tariff revenue to go directly into the Great Wall Of Trump fund. Trump would have a fit if such a bill was passed and you know it.

I am not in any way saying that Trump was smart to make such a statement... just that what he meant was that and that those attacking him for the statement being false are lying.

Trump meant it literally and said as much to the Mexico president in person. The Mexican president basically told Trump "No way Jose."

I am not in any way saying that Trump was smart to make such a statement... just that what he meant was that and that those attacking him for the statement being false are lying.

Have you been hanging out with the Zen master? :shrug:

Trump meant it literally and said as much to the Mexico president in person. The Mexican president basically told Trump "No way Jose."

I heard the Mexican Head Hombre was a little more emphatic.......

And all that tax/tariff revenue should go straight into the nation's infrastructure, education and health care.

Based on the total number of people who voted for Trump, I calculated that if every trump supporter donated $397 to the gofundme page they could meet the full $25 billion cost of the wall. If they really wanted the wall as badly as they say they do, they could make it happen right now. But of course that's not what's happening. The gofundme page is essentially stagnant, which means something else: Trump supporters knew full well that the funding for the wall would be coming from the states that provide the most revenue. I.e. blue states. I.e. Democrats. I think partly what's driving trump supporters is the idea that they can force Democrats to pay for something everyone knows is idiotic in order to humiliate them.

You just did. :shrug: As the OP says in the quoted part from the article: "Mexico’s paying for it with trade savings."

It's why the article specifically states "appeared". It's a way to lead the reader into a conclusion.

Then he can use those "savings" to pay for the wall after he reinstates the cost of living increase for Govt. workers of course.

OK, and I'm simply suggesting that we do it Trump's way - as Mexican funds come in we allocate them to the wall fund.

Congress controls the purse strings. Unless you know something no one else knows.

You are correct. They do. And just like that GoFundMe page if Mexico pays directly for the wall Congress must approve it. If they pay indirectly for it via savings in trade Congress still has to approve of it. Either way...Congress must get involved for The Wall to be funded.

By his plan, if it works, they will be paying for the wall.

Then he can use those "savings" to pay for the wall after he reinstates the cost of living increase for Govt. workers of course.

Get Congress to agree to Trumps terms and it may very well be. In fact that could be a part of the funding...if Congress goes for it.

Trump is dong just fine..... By the way where is the Russian collusion? Oh that's right there is none!!

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Friday, December 28, 2018

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

You are aware that: a, there is a report that hasn't come out, and b, that Rasmussen tends to favor republicans. V

Get Congress to agree to Trumps terms and it may very well be. In fact that could be a part of the funding...if Congress goes for it.

Who needs Congress, just use the "savings". Trump no longer sets "terms" he agrees to compromises or gets nothing. He is a lame duck now.

You are aware that: a, there is a report that hasn't come out, and b, that Rasmussen tends to favor republicans. V

Yes Rass. is about 10 points too high on Trumps approval consistently. Most other polls show him at 37%

Rasmussen Reports uses research techniques that make its polls favor Republicans, Ipsos Public Affairs research director Mallory Newall said Monday during an appearance on “What America’s Thinking,” Hill.TV’s new show about public opinion research.

Newall singled out Rasmussen's practice of adjusting results by party identification in arguing that the pollster, which has been touted by President Trump and often has shown him with higher approval ratings than in other polls, favors the GOP.

“I think they tend to be more along the partisan angle, leaning toward the Republicans ... the weight that they put toward partisan self-identification,” Newall said, referring to Rasmussen’s long-standing practice of adjusting its results by party identification.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/423019-retiring-gop-lawmaker-trump-fell-in-line-behind-hannity-on-border-wall

Do you agree with anything he has done? Just curious?

If you were to ask me:
Yes, actually.
I am glad that he pulled out of the TPP, but at the same time I blast him for not making an attempt to renegotiate it.
But he did pull us out of it and because I thought it was a bad deal, I credit him for at least pulling us out of it.
Too bad he got interested in a trade war with China in the interim though.

And if he had followed through with the part of his proposed expansion of the Veteran's Choice Act that expands caregiver help to ALL 100% service connected disabled veterans instead of just using it as a talking point with no funding attached, I would applaud him for that, too.
So far though, it was all just big talk and with no money behind it, even with Republicans in control of the trifecta.
Who knows, maybe House Dems might pick up his mantle and appropriate some funds, then watch McConnell stomp on it at Trump's behest.

But I hope not, I hope he will do the right thing.

Hmm... so you fully admit that the Great Wall Of Trump is now to be built using borrowed funds appropriated by congress in hopes that tax/tariff revenue from future Mexican trade will, somehow, possibly allow a decrease in the national deficit/debt.

Will you loan me $10K? I promise to pay you back, possibly in small increments, just as soon as Mexico pays me - the pending trade deal is sure allow that to happen really, really soon.

Hey Bodhi, while you're at it, I sure could use $150,000.00

Sony-Venice-FF-e1511001859205.jpg

My Panny-modded Sony F5 is getting a little old and I'd like to update a little.

CameraPANAvision.jpg

I promise you'll make it all back on the back end net profits!

This is the type of crap that is just annoying... lack of comprehension and then attacking what they do not understand.

Mexico paying for the wall does not mean that they write a check for it... it means that through trade, we use taxes and tarrifs and etc making them pay more for that which then pays us back for the wall that we built.

You just went a mile over their head. Even if they were to try they could not comprehend it.

His plan was meant to move those tariff-paying factories back to the US, in which case they would not be paying any tariffs

That does not refute my statement... at all. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom