• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump continues to undermine confidence in US elections

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The Florida Election should be called in favor of Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis in that large numbers of new ballots showed up out of nowhere, and many ballots are missing or forged. An honest vote count is no longer possible-ballots massively infected. Must go with Election Night!

4:44 AM - Nov 12, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

It's rigged, I tell you, rigged!​

Yep, that Florida county had nothing to do with it (yet again).

Yep, that Florida county had nothing to do with it (yet again).

Some of trump tweets are ridiculous but no one takes his tweets serious. It is just a platform for him to vent.

This is bad for faith in Democracy. At least 44% of the country is bound to believe that unless the Republican wins in Florida then the election was illegitimate.

This is bad for faith in Democracy. At least 44% of the country is bound to believe that unless the Republican wins in Florida then the election was illegitimate.

Whats the percentage who will believe the election was illegitimate if the Democrat doesnt win?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The Florida Election should be called in favor of Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis in that large numbers of new ballots showed up out of nowhere, and many ballots are missing or forged. An honest vote count is no longer possible-ballots massively infected. Must go with Election Night!

Where is the "undermine" part?

If you ask me, it's Broward County election officials who are doing the undermining.

Whats the percentage who will believe the election was illegitimate if the Democrat doesnt win?

I don't know. I only know that Democrats want the votes to be counted. So long as that actually happens I see no reason why they would doubt the legitimacy of the election.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

It's rigged, I tell you, rigged!

Coming from a Democrat that's a joke, right? Or do you agree a special prosecutor should be appointed to investigate what the Democrats are doing in Florida?​

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Actually Donald has no clue about any of that in bold. If he is right, then Bozo the President is actually leaving no rational alternate to recasting the Florida Election. His conclusion of "must go with Election night" is laughably absurd given Florida Election Law. Maybe Donald should learn to keep his big mouth shut.

Bush v Gore kinda set that precedent.

I don't know. I only know that Democrats want the votes to be counted. So long as that actually happens I see no reason why they would doubt the legitimacy of the election.

Then everyone should be happy. All the votes were counted. Desantis and Scott won. Now they are just double checking.

Then everyone should be happy. All the votes were counted. Desantis and Scott won. Now they are just double checking.

If all the votes are counted and the recount determines taht Desantis and Scott won, then so be it.

Actually I doubt anybody will be truly happy until Florida fixes its ridiculous Election system. But as long as the under-votes and over-votes manual recount goes without a hitch, whomever has the most votes is the best we can hope for out of this Election. Does not change what appears to be Florida Election Laws and a process that is a complete cluster.

Some of trump tweets are ridiculous but no one takes his tweets serious. It is just a platform for him to vent.

It would be best if no one took Trump seriously, but then, a significant percentage of Americans did vote him in as president.

Where is the "undermine" part?

If you ask me, it's Broward County election officials who are doing the undermining.

It's a good thing no one asked you.

Claiming, without evidence, that elections in this country are rigged obviously undermines democracy.

Actually Donald has no clue about any of that in bold. If he is right, then Bozo the President is actually leaving no rational alternate to recasting the Florida Election. His conclusion of "must go with Election night" is laughably absurd given Florida Election Law. Maybe Donald should learn to keep his big mouth shut.

That would be a big step forward.

Actually I doubt anybody will be truly happy until Florida fixes its ridiculous Election system. But as long as the under-votes and over-votes manual recount goes without a hitch, whomever has the most votes is the best we can hope for out of this Election. Does not change what appears to be Florida Election Laws and a process that is a complete cluster.

No it is broward county and their idiotic ballot issues that are the issue.
No other county in florida has this issue.

it is only broward.

All of the other counties had all votes counted and turned in election night.

FL on recounts are a machine recount at .5% margin and a manual recount at a .25% margin.
broward should be doing their machine recount right now but they haven't even started.

All of their results were due saturday at noon.

Bush v Gore kinda set that precedent.

No bush v gore said that the state was violating it's own election law.
it said that the recounts were unconstitutional because they were only being
applied in 1 place instead of state wide, and that they were inconsistent.

a true and fair election recounts all votes everywhere not just in liberal owned areas like gore kept wanting.
he didn't want to recount strong republican area's of the state.

Down to 41.8 % this morning, and not all who approve of Trump generally buy this particular lie. But the fact remains - if there is an enemy of the people, Trump more than anyone else in public life fits the bill.

Which Trump is urging them to stop doing.

The damage Trump will do to the legitimacy of our Democratic institutions by the end of his term will be incalculable and far reaching.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...count-hand-races-to-republicans-idUSKCN1NH1U8

The votes were already counted. DeSantis and Scott won. But their margin of victory was narrow enough to trigger a RECOUNT of the votes counted.

But the situation developing is as you are aware: unopened ballot boxes found in strange places, valid and invalid votes found mixed together, calls by Gillum and Scott to ignore state law and count provisional ballots the same. This kind of stuff is more destructive of democracy than Trumps call that the law be obeyed.

The votes were already counted. DeSantis and Scott won. But their margin of victory was narrow enough to trigger a RECOUNT of the votes counted.

But the situation developing is as you are aware: unopened ballot boxes found in strange places, valid and invalid votes found mixed together, calls by Gillum and Scott to ignore state law and count provisional ballots the same. This kind of stuff is more destructive of democracy than Trumps call that the law be obeyed.

What makes those places "strange"?

Back
Top Bottom