• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Connection to Russia?

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Here is an article from Newsweek that is worth reading. It is about Trump and his connection to Deutsche Banks (which by the way is not fake news) and the possible connection to the Russian Banks and Putin.

Here is a sample of what is said in the article:

Robert Mueller is now trying to find out the truth about those suspicions. The special counsel is investigating Russian interference—from the hacking of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to alleged coordination between the Trump campaign and Moscow. So far, his team has charged key Trump campaign officials Paul Manafort and Rick Gates with money laundering, as well as other offenses. He’s also gotten two former advisers, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos, to plead guilty to lying to the FBI and cooperate with the probe.

Now, however, Mueller appears to be following the money, trying to determine if Trump has a financial connection to Russia—one that might at least partly explain his behavior. In December, the German newspaper Handelsblatt reported that the special counsel’s office has subpoenaed Deutsche Bank, demanding data and documents related to people or entities tied to the president and those close to him. The White House says the subpoena doesn’t directly pertain to Trump or his family’s accounts. But if the president has a dark Russian secret, the German banking giant’s money-laundering scandal may be key to finding out what it is.

https://www.newsweek.com/2017/12/29/donald-trump-russia-secret-deutsche-bank-753780.html

Last edited:
Here is an article from Newsweek that is worth reading. It is about Trump and his connection to Deutsche Banks (which by the way is not fake news) and the possible connection to the Russian Banks and Putin.

Here is a sample of what is said in the article:

Robert Mueller is now trying to find out the truth about those suspicions. The special counsel is investigating Russian interference—from the hacking of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to alleged coordination between the Trump campaign and Moscow. So far, his team has charged key Trump campaign officials Paul Manafort and Rick Gates with money laundering, as well as other offenses. He’s also gotten two former advisers, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos, to plead guilty to lying to the FBI and cooperate with the probe.

Now, however, Mueller appears to be following the money, trying to determine if Trump has a financial connection to Russia—one that might at least partly explain his behavior. In December, the German newspaper Handelsblatt reported that the special counsel’s office has subpoenaed Deutsche Bank, demanding data and documents related to people or entities tied to the president and those close to him. The White House says the subpoena doesn’t directly pertain to Trump or his family’s accounts. But if the president has a dark Russian secret, the German banking giant’s money-laundering scandal may be key to finding out what it is.

https://www.newsweek.com/2017/12/29/donald-trump-russia-secret-deutsche-bank-753780.html

Did you look at the date of that article?

If there was any "there" there, don't you think Mueller would have ended his investigation when he found it?

Moving on... (with a yawn)

If there was any "there" there, don't you think Mueller would have ended his investigation when he found it?

No, I think Mueller would squeeze all his witnesses and compile a full report like a professional.

Let me ask you. If Trump lied about loans from Russia, are you going to say, "What's wrong with getting loans from Russia?"

Investigations don't end at the first crime detected.

No. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the appointment letter and the Code of Federal Regulations governing special counsel.

But since you won't, I'll give you a hint: a special counsel chases down the central mandate, but must investigate every last bit of criminality potentially indicated by information he uncovers as he chases down that central mandate. (And no, "Collusion" doesn't appear in the appointment letter).

No need to respond.

No, I think Mueller would squeeze all his witnesses and compile a full report like a professional.

Let me ask you. If Trump lied about loans from Russia, are you going to say, "What's wrong with getting loans from Russia?"

When you tell me what he lied about, I'll tell you what I think.

For example, people keep saying Trump lied about this Russian Tower thing. He didn't.

So don't bother me with "if".

4,3,2,1...counting the seconds to the next breathless Trump-Russia thread.:lol:

When you tell me what he lied about, I'll tell you what I think.

For example, people keep saying Trump lied about this Russian Tower thing. He didn't.

So don't bother me with "if".

Cohen lied, not Trump. Facts don't matter anymore. Just make up something, say it enough and a large swath of like-minded drones will believe you. That has been the whole strategy behind the get Trump movement.

Cohen lied, not Trump. Facts don't matter anymore.

Cohen lied to Congress. Trump lied to the American people. That's the truth. It's a fact. Veritas does not matter to you.

No. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the appointment letter and the Code of Federal Regulations governing special counsel.

But since you won't, I'll give you a hint: a special counsel chases down the central mandate, but must investigate every last bit of criminality potentially indicated by information he uncovers as he chases down that central mandate. (And no, "Collusion" doesn't appear in the appointment letter).

No need to respond.

This is my favorite part of the law regarding special councels...

600.7 Conduct and accountability.

(a) A Special Counsel shall comply with the rules, regulations, procedures, practices and policies of the Department of Justice. He or she shall consult with appropriate offices within the Department for guidance with respect to established practices, policies and procedures of the Department, including ethics and security regulations and procedures. Should the Special Counsel conclude that the extraordinary circumstances of any particular decision would render compliance with required review and approval procedures by the designated Departmental component inappropriate, he or she may consult directly with the Attorney General.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.7

DOJ rules say that a sitting president can't be indicted.

Cohen lied to Congress. Trump lied to the American people. That's the truth. It's a fact. Veritas does not matter to you.

People lie to Congress all the time. So what?

Back
Top Bottom