• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump congratulates Brazil’s Bolsonaro on inauguration: ‘The U.S.A. is with you’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ils-bolsonaro-on-inauguration-the-usa-is-with

President Trump on Tuesday congratulated Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro after the right-wing politician was sworn in for his first term in office.

Trump praised Bolsonaro, known as the "Trump of the Tropics," for his inauguration speech, tweeting to the new president that "the U.S.A. is with you!"
=======================================
ABC News tonight called this guy a misogynistic homophobe. He & The Donald should get along just fine.

He praised Brazil's old military dictatorship and made derisive comments about minorities and members of the LGBTQ community during the campaign.

While I’m not going to lose any sleep over Trumps tweet, it’s a whatever in my mind.

Seems like Trump and Bolsonaro will get along like two turds in a toilet bowl.

You could be forgiven for believing you were reading an article from the onion.

I'll just repeat what I said in another thread relating to Bolsonaro some time ago.

He holds some beyond extreme views.

- During 2016 impeachment proceedings against former leftist President Dilma Rousseff, who was jailed and tortured during Brazil’s military dictatorship in the 1970s, Bolsonaro dedicated his vote to the colonel who tortured her.

- In 2003, Bolsonaro pushed a congresswoman and told her: “I would never rape you because you do not deserve it.” He repeated the comment in 2014 in the chamber and as a result is facing trial for inciting rape.

- On a radio program in 2016, Bolsonaro said the error of the dictatorship had been “to torture and not to kill.” Brazil’s national truth commission found that 440 people died under the 1964-85 military rule, of which 210 disappeared without trace.

- Brazil’s public prosecutor charged Bolsonaro last month with inciting discrimination against black people, indigenous people, women and gays in public comments he has made, including “If I see two men kissing in the street, I will hit them.”

- At an event last year in Rio de Janeiro, he said having a daughter, his fifth child after four boys, was a “weakness.”

- “I would not be able to love a gay son. I would rather he die in an accident,” he told Playboy magazine in 2011.

- Speaking last year about communities of descendants of escaped slaves, who are protected by Brazil’s social programs, Bolsonaro suggested the state was wasting money: “They do nothing! I don’t think they even serve for reproduction.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...andidate-thrives-on-controversy-idUSKCN1II2T3

Last edited:

I'll just repeat what I said in another thread relating to Bolsonaro some time ago.

Nice guy. He & Trump should get along just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ils-bolsonaro-on-inauguration-the-usa-is-with

President Trump on Tuesday congratulated Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro after the right-wing politician was sworn in for his first term in office.

Trump praised Bolsonaro, known as the "Trump of the Tropics," for his inauguration speech, tweeting to the new president that "the U.S.A. is with you!"
ABC News tonight called this guy a misogynistic homophobe. He & The Donald should get along just fine.

He praised Brazil's old military dictatorship and made derisive comments about minorities and members of the LGBTQ community during the campaign.

Righhht. 63,000 murders per year is just Jim Dandy with you as long as all the "politically correct" boxes are checked. Many homosexuals decided to vote for Bolsonaro anyway because they felt more in danger for having a nice cell phone than for their sexual orientation.

Did you post similar frustration when Nicolas Maduro was elected?

Even better than reading it, watch it with subtitles. How he treats the nasty feminist is Aces!

Even better than reading it, watch it with subtitles. How he treats the nasty feminist is Aces!

I'm not sure how any decent person could support someone who holds such heinous views.

I'm not sure how any decent person could support someone who holds such heinous views.

If you want to refer to 58 million people from Brazil as indecent, that's on you. Feminism is so noxious that even spending time in Castro's Cuba was a refreshing break. Being away from feminism in a free and prosperous country is too good to imagine.

Quite frankly, even dealing with the risk of Brazil's violence was better than being constantly bombarded with feminist mentality and propaganda.

Brazil with its problems solved will be something awesome to experience.

Last edited:
If you want to refer to 58 million people from Brazil as indecent, that's on you. Feminism is so noxious that even spending time in Castro's Cuba was a refreshing break. Being away from feminism in a free and prosperous country is too good to imagine.

Quite frankly, even dealing with the risk of Brazil's violence was better than being constantly bombarded with feminist mentality and propaganda.

Brazil with its problems solved will be something awesome to experience.

Anyone who voted for a man who proudly displays views such as those expressed in the quotes and video above, isn't someone who I can have any respect for. I make no apologies for that.

It's not surprising that the US media is attacking Bolsonaro so viciously. He is, after all, the Trump of the Tropics and is just as much of a danger to the globalists as Trump is.

Think about it...the leader of the most powerful nation in North America and the leader of the most powerful nation in South America on the same sheet of music...music that will sing the end of the Globalist's hold on the economy of the world.

I love the sound of that.

It's not surprising that the US media is attacking Bolsonaro so viciously. He is, after all, the Trump of the Tropics and is just as much of a danger to the globalists as Trump is.

Think about it...the leader of the most powerful nation in North America and the leader of the most powerful nation in South America on the same sheet of music...music that will sing the end of the Globalist's hold on the economy of the world.

I love the sound of that.

Bolsonaro has praised Brazil's former dictatorship and said its only mistake was that it didn't kill enough citizens.

He has said he will support police officers who carry out extrajudicial killings of criminals.

You might want to rethink your praise for him.

Back
Top Bottom