• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump confuses weather with climate change again:

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From The Guardian

Trump confuses weather with climate change again: 'Wouldn’t be bad to have a little good old fashioned Global Warming right now!'

Donald Trump has again confused weather with climate change, suggesting the US would benefit from “a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now” amid forecasts of snow and cold conditions.

Little more than two months since a similarly misleading conflation, the president tweeted: “Be careful and try staying in your house. Large parts of the Country are suffering from tremendous amounts of snow and near record setting cold.

“Amazing how big this system is. Wouldn’t be bad to have a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now!”

In November, Mr Trump conflated seasonal weather with climate change, suggesting chilly conditions meant global warming wasn’t real.

“Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS – Whatever happened to Global Warming?” he tweeted.

COMMENT:-

There probably isn't a single member of Mr. Trump's REAL "base" that doesn't agree with him on this point ("a record cold spell in one area = ZERO 'climate change' because someplace is ALWAYS being cold").

From The Guardian

Trump confuses weather with climate change again: 'Wouldn’t be bad to have a little good old fashioned Global Warming right now!'

Donald Trump has again confused weather with climate change, suggesting the US would benefit from “a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now” amid forecasts of snow and cold conditions.

Little more than two months since a similarly misleading conflation, the president tweeted: “Be careful and try staying in your house. Large parts of the Country are suffering from tremendous amounts of snow and near record setting cold.

“Amazing how big this system is. Wouldn’t be bad to have a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now!”

In November, Mr Trump conflated seasonal weather with climate change, suggesting chilly conditions meant global warming wasn’t real.

“Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS – Whatever happened to Global Warming?” he tweeted.

There probably isn't a single member of Mr. Trump's REAL "base" that doesn't agree with him on this point ("a record cold spell in one area = ZERO 'climate change' because someplace is ALWAYS being cold").

Trump confuses and is confusing.

He is just like most climate change deniers.... Stupid.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

From The Guardian

Unfortunately, we have to put up with this crap untiil he's out the door. Worse, we have to save his progeny from himself.
/

From The Guardian

It'd be nice if someone started making the point that all this extreme cold weather is global warming. Heat is energy, and that energy drives weather patterns. The more of it there is in total, the more extreme weather some given locale is likely to experience.

Not even a little bit confused.

Those who are confused used science in the same sentence as global warming or climate change.

Btw spent the morning plowing 18'' to 2' of "global warming " that scientists locally predicted. We might get 6" to 8".

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

To help those on the left that are confused by this... it was a joke.

I am amazed that people are so obsessed with Trump that they would think this was a serious observation, or that the Guardian would publish this as a serious article.

Not even a little bit confused.

Those who are confused used science in the same sentence as global warming or climate change.

Btw spent the morning plowing 18'' to 2' of "global warming " that scientists locally predicted. We might get 6" to 8".

Fun fact, global temperature is not actually measured in inches.

From The Guardian

Australia is experiencing the worst heat wave in the nation's history. People are dying and roads are now literally melting.

he's a fool, so that's not surprising.

Australia is experiencing the worst heat wave in the nation's history. People are dying and roads are now literally melting.

I had to google this because I thought you were being hyperbolic. I literally did not know this was a thing that could happen. Possibly because I'm from Minnesota and our ****ing roads don't melt here jesus christ how do you people live in places like this

I forget that the left is totally devoid of sense

You don't seem like the sort of fella who is interested in the broader meteorological discussion of why "lots of snow" is actually not an indicator against global warming, so I went with a wisecrack. If I'm wrong, feel free to elaborate on whatever point you think you're making.

Speaking of weather we were on the line to receive either 10-18 or 18-24 inches of snow by scientists using computer models 6 hours out. Classic nor'easter they said. This was a forecast or rather a hypothesis based on models. It wasn't totally wrong. It did snow. We recieved maybe 6 inches of mostly sleet.

Keep the faith

Naturally, a heat wave- in summer--- is often cited as evidence of global warming, never of 'weather.'

No. He has proven time and again that he doesn't know the difference. He has such cute and loyal minions such as yourself that continue to attempt to rationalize his stupidity.

Thanks for playing.,

:lamo

Donald Trump is the world's most shameless opportunist.

"Hey guys it's cold outside! The chinese! MAGA!"

No. He has proven time and again that he doesn't know the difference. He has such cute and loyal minions such as yourself that continue to attempt to rationalize his stupidity.

Thanks for playing.,

I'm sure he understands the difference between humor and a serious comment. His detractors are so focused on attacking him (and anyone that even appears to defend him), that they can't, to the point of being irrational.

Seriously, he's done plenty to be upset about. He has focused on policies that could be considered controversial. Why not focus on one of those - something real?

I had to google this because I thought you were being hyperbolic. I literally did not know this was a thing that could happen. Possibly because I'm from Minnesota and our ****ing roads don't melt here jesus christ how do you people live in places like this

The same thing has been happening in India, plus all the flooding. Disturbing climate changes...

I am amazed that people are so obsessed with Trump that they would think this was a serious observation, or that the Guardian would publish this as a serious article.

Trump taking the US out of the Paris agreement was the joke as well as his continued denial of AGW, I have had enough of Trumps "jokes".

Trump taking the US out of the Paris agreement was the joke as well as his continued denial of AGW, I have had enough of Trumps "jokes".

Pulling out of the Paris agreement was not a joke, but a policy decision - and a great example of something you can agree or disagree with.

Pulling out of the Paris agreement was not a joke, but a policy decision - and a great example of something you can agree or disagree with.

Since leaving Paris made the U.S a laughing stock among the other signers (which means the rest of the entire world) I would say it was a joke which we were the butt of. Like Trumps appearance at the U.N. which also got a lot of laughs at our expense.

Last edited:
Naturally, a heat wave- in summer--- is often cited as evidence of global warming, never of 'weather.'

Not true. Evidence of global warming is taking the average of temperatures around the world. It's called............

Wait for it........

Science.

Not true. Evidence of global warming is taking the average of temperatures around the world. It's called............

Wait for it........

Science.

Well, mr science man, when are you going to tell us how many inches global temperature has increased!?

Back
Top Bottom