• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump confuses weather with climate change again:

There is no such thing as that so-called "climate change"!!

How do I know this?

Because the Earth had a climate yesterday, and the Earth has a climate today, and the Earth will have a climate tomorrow. At ABSOLUTELY NO TIME has the Earth ever been without a climate and you cannot change one thing for another without removing the first first.

Don't believe me?

Well then try changing a light bulb WITHOUT taking the old one out first.

SEE!!!!

Can't be done.

That absolutely **P*R*O*V*E*S** that you can't change the Earth's climate without taking the old climate away first and that means that there justhasta be some period of time when the Earth has no climate and there never has been such a time and there never will be such a time.

[This lesson in Real True Science Truth Reality provided free of charge as a reader service by Billy Bob’s Only True Original Fundamentalist Four-Square Evangelical Revived Reformed Revealed Biblical Church of Jesus Christ The Perfect Arisen Son Of The Living God World Awakening (Just Send Us Your Folding Money Because Worship Should Be Silent) All Aryan White Soul's Salvation, Redemption, and Witnessing Storefront Mission, B-B-Q, Gun Store, and Body Shop. (INC) - the "TOTFF-SERRRBCOJCTPASOTLGWA(JSUYFMBWSBS)AAWSSRAMMB-B-QABS" for short.]

Oh **** I never thought of it that way

Let me give you an analogy.

If you have a tank that is half full AND into which you are pouring an AVERAGE of 10 Gpm of water AND that tank has a valved drain that, when fully open will release 10 Gpm of water, then, with the valve fully open the tank will be ON AVERAGE half full.

HOWEVER, if you close that valve so that only 9.999 Gpm of water is released then EVENTUALLY the tank will fill and overflow.

Now if your tank was sitting on a bed of finely ground and well mixed Silver Nitrate and Magnesium, you won't have any problem at all under the first set of conditions. You will, however, have quite a bit of a problem under the second when the level of the tank passes the point above the rim of the tank where the water pressure exceeds the ability of the water's surface tension to keep the water from spilling.

HOWEVER, in NEITHER case does the setting of the valve have anything whatsoever to do with the average rate the water flows into the tank - only with the EFFECT that that inflowing water causes.

"Greenhouse Gases" act like the valve in that analogy.

To take it one step further, if floating in the tank is a device which will cause an atomic bomb to explode if the tank ever runs dry, then you'd better have a valve that is one heck of a lot more adjustable than only from 10 to 9.999 in case the average inflow of water drops below 9.999 Gpm.

PS - Yes I realize that the reactions are in the opposite direction, but the analogy still holds. It isn't the valve that CAUSES the water to flow into the tank because all that the valve does is control the RESULT of the water flowing into the tank.

From The Guardian

Trump confuses weather with climate change again: 'Wouldn’t be bad to have a little good old fashioned Global Warming right now!'

Donald Trump has again confused weather with climate change, suggesting the US would benefit from “a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now” amid forecasts of snow and cold conditions.

Little more than two months since a similarly misleading conflation, the president tweeted: “Be careful and try staying in your house. Large parts of the Country are suffering from tremendous amounts of snow and near record setting cold.

“Amazing how big this system is. Wouldn’t be bad to have a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now!”

In November, Mr Trump conflated seasonal weather with climate change, suggesting chilly conditions meant global warming wasn’t real.

“Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS – Whatever happened to Global Warming?” he tweeted.

COMMENT:-

There probably isn't a single member of Mr. Trump's REAL "base" that doesn't agree with him on this point ("a record cold spell in one area = ZERO 'climate change' because someplace is ALWAYS being cold").

"Confusing" weather with climate (they aren't actually confused, it's intentional) has long been a tactic/strategy of right-wing pundits.

I remember back when I was somewhat of a conservative listening to Limbaugh, he'd make that point.

Trump listens to those right-wing pundits too, and probably believes them.
So of course he'd do this.

Trump is a sad example of how effective the fossil fuel companies massive disinformation campaigns have been.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warmi...siers-fossil-fuel-industry-memos#.XEbirlxKjIV

Fossil fuel companies have also used the same playbook as the tobacco companies. For example that talking points like these from the tobacco industry’s disinformation campaigns, is often used by climate deniers today.

"Too often, science is manipulated to fulfil a political agenda.

Government agencies, too often, betray the public trust by violating principles of good science in a desire to achieve a political goal.

Public policy decisions that are based on bad science impose enormous economic costs on all aspects of society."

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ience-is-a-product-with-an-industry-behind-it

That both are caused by the climate, and it's changing.

God only created one climate and that means that the Earth has only one climate, it's the same climate that it has always had and it is the same climate that it will always have.

That means that there can NOT be any so-called "Climate Change".

[The foregoing provided as a free, public service, educational feature, by Billy Bob’s Only True Original Fundamentalist Four-Square Evangelical Revived Reformed Revealed Biblical Church of Jesus Christ The Perfect Arisen Son Of The Living God World Awakening (Just Send Us Your Folding Money Because Worship Should Be Silent) All Aryan White Soul's Salvation, Redemption, and Witnessing Storefront Mission, B-B-Q, Gun Store, and Body Shop. (INC) - the "TOTFF-SERRRBCOJCTPASOTLGWA(JSUYFMBWSBS)AAWSSRAMMB-B-QABS" for short.]

God only created one climate and that means that the Earth has only one climate, it's the same climate that it has always had and it is the same climate that it will always have.

[The foregoing provided as a free, public service, educational feature, by Billy Bob’s Only True Original Fundamentalist Four-Square Evangelical Revived Reformed Revealed Biblical Church of Jesus Christ The Perfect Arisen Son Of The Living God World Awakening (Just Send Us Your Folding Money Because Worship Should Be Silent) All Aryan White Soul's Salvation, Redemption, and Witnessing Storefront Mission, B-B-Q, Gun Store, and Body Shop. (INC) - the "TOTFF-SERRRBCOJCTPASOTLGWA(JSUYFMBWSBS)AAWSSRAMMB-B-QABS" for short.]
Damn you spent a long time on that name.

From The Guardian

Trump confuses weather with climate change again: 'Wouldn’t be bad to have a little good old fashioned Global Warming right now!'

Donald Trump has again confused weather with climate change, suggesting the US would benefit from “a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now” amid forecasts of snow and cold conditions.

Little more than two months since a similarly misleading conflation, the president tweeted: “Be careful and try staying in your house. Large parts of the Country are suffering from tremendous amounts of snow and near record setting cold.

“Amazing how big this system is. Wouldn’t be bad to have a little of that good old fashioned Global Warming right now!”

In November, Mr Trump conflated seasonal weather with climate change, suggesting chilly conditions meant global warming wasn’t real.

“Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS – Whatever happened to Global Warming?” he tweeted.

There probably isn't a single member of Mr. Trump's REAL "base" that doesn't agree with him on this point ("a record cold spell in one area = ZERO 'climate change' because someplace is ALWAYS being cold").

Donald Dumb Dumb is telling hundreds of thousands of people who have devoted their lives to becoming experts on the climate that they are wrong? That sound like Trump, and his merry band of deniers alrighty.

You are very good at this.

Are you a graduate of Trump U?

From The Guardian

Keep at it President Trump you are close to sending them over the edge. One more tweet will do it! :applaud :alert

I had to google this because I thought you were being hyperbolic. I literally did not know this was a thing that could happen. Possibly because I'm from Minnesota and our ****ing roads don't melt here jesus christ how do you people live in places like this

Actually I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. For the most part our weather is glorious year round. We do get some very hot days, had a 47 the other day (which is 116 in US speak) and a similar patch is coming up over the next few days.

I live here so I can only speak of what I experience. Our heatwaves are getting longer and hotter.

Damn you spent a long time on that name.

I looked it up in my "Universal Guide to Obscure Religious Sects that Probably Have Fewer Than 10 Members If You Don't Count Close Blood Relatives of the Head of the Sect".

You are very good at this.

Are you a graduate of Trump U?

I have a couple of modules for my AKME Mk.3 Revolutionary Rhetoric Standard Speech Generating Gadget that haven't been released to the public yet.

Back
Top Bottom