• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump confides to friends he's concerned about impeachment

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...ends-he-s-concerned-about-impeachment-n947296

Despite public declarations that he's unconcerned, the president has told people close to him he's alarmed about the prospect of impeachment.

WASHINGTON — Despite President Donald Trump's public declaration that he isn't concerned about impeachment, he has told people close to him in recent days that he is alarmed by the prospect, according to multiple sources.

Trump's fear about the possibility has escalated as the consequences of federal investigations involving his associates and Democratic control of the House sink in, the sources said, and his allies believe maintaining the support of establishment Republicans he bucked to win election is now critical to saving his presidency.
========================================
Surrounded by revelations of his criminality with much more to come, Trump has become concerned about his likely impeachment. With defections among establishment Repub senators & a Dem-controlled House, the possibility is looming large.

Trump confides to friends he's concerned about impeachment

Let's be real: if he weren't concerned about that, he'd be more an ignoramus and idiot than he appears to be.

But Trump said:

"It's hard to impeach somebody who hasn't done anything wrong and who's created the greatest economy in the history of our country,"

Does anyone take Trump seriously any more, even his supporters? I don't think so. They may still nod and shake their heads yes, but their heart is cringing like the rest of us.

But Trump said:

Does anyone take Trump seriously any more, even his supporters? I don't think so. They may still nod and shake their heads yes, but their heart is cringing like the rest of us.

My concern is the damage he will inevitably do to this country if he should be reelected. I still don't see any charismatic standouts in the Dem field for 2020.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...ends-he-s-concerned-about-impeachment-n947296

Despite public declarations that he's unconcerned, the president has told people close to him he's alarmed about the prospect of impeachment.

WASHINGTON — Despite President Donald Trump's public declaration that he isn't concerned about impeachment, he has told people close to him in recent days that he is alarmed by the prospect, according to multiple sources.

Trump's fear about the possibility has escalated as the consequences of federal investigations involving his associates and Democratic control of the House sink in, the sources said, and his allies believe maintaining the support of establishment Republicans he bucked to win election is now critical to saving his presidency.
Surrounded by revelations of his criminality with much more to come, Trump has become concerned about his likely impeachment. With defections among establishment Repub senators & a Dem-controlled House, the possibility is looming large.

I really don't see how how he thinks "saving his Presidency" is something that's still on the menu. If all he means is staying in office until the end of his term, well, James Buchanan did that.

My concern is the damage he will inevitably do to this country if he should be reelected. I still don't see any charismatic standouts in the Dem field for 2020.
We deserve to burn (figuratively) if he gets re-elected.

Trump is finally wising up.

He had no idea that America sucks this much now.

The most productive course for the Democrats is to introduce legislation that their party platform supports and to let the Senate block passage and/or let Mr. Trump veto it.

If the economy tanks, then the Democrats can take satisfaction from letting Mr. Trump turn slowly in the wind of his own making while hanging from one of his signature red ties.

Hawkeye10's slogan "America sucks!"

Good riddance.

I want the names of these sources ... :lol:

The most productive course for the Democrats is to introduce legislation that their party platform supports and to let the Senate block passage and/or let Mr. Trump veto it.

If the economy tanks, then the Democrats can take satisfaction from letting Mr. Trump turn slowly in the wind of his own making while hanging from one of his signature red ties.

We know trump and the republicans will oppose ANYTHING that the democrats want. So the democrats should introduce legislation in the House that will be popular with millions of poor to middle class Americans. Then when the republicans oppose it and/or trump vetoes it - the democrats will have an excellent campaign tool for the 2020 election.

All they have to do is keep replaying the bits where trump and the republicans oppose legislation that will BENEFIT the poor and middle class. Lets see how the republicans spin that in their favour.

Yeah, damn America going after criminals and potential crimes!

But Trump said:

Don't kid yourself.

The NeaderConservative Banana Republican GOP faction, which comprises about 40% of the electorate, is hard core for Trump no what the bastard does.

But Trump said:

Underestimate him at your own peril

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Don't kid yourself.

The NeaderConservative Banana Republican GOP faction, which comprises about 40% of the electorate, is hard core for Trump no what the bastard does.

There will always be at least 30% of Americans who will support a republican president no matter what they do or don't do.

Nixon resigned before he could be impeached and he still had the support of over 30% of Americans.

dubya started a war based on lies and caused the global financial crisis and he left office with an approval rating of 31%!

And now we have the worst of them all and his approval rating has hovered between 35% and 42% for most of the last 2 years. He did reach a high of just 46% ONCE. And that was the day of his inauguration.

trump better hope for a terrorist attack cos that is the only way his approval ratings will improve. It worked for dubya didn't it?

But Trump said:

Depends on whether or not they are in the reality based community or in the bubble.

Underestimate him at your own peril

You don't seem to understand that it IS the "peril" that people are worried about.
Trump has put the entire nation in peril.

You don't seem to understand that it IS the "peril" that people are worried about.
Trump has put the entire nation in peril.
WADR, sincerely I think your side is massively overexagerating what he represents.

Let's be real: if he weren't concerned about that, he'd be more an ignoramus and idiot than he appears to be.

Well I find it reassuring that he is concerned, however,
I thought his fans declared that he only says what's on his mind. He is "authentic" ; a no bull**** type of guy.

Pinocchio ain't got nothing on this guy, eh?

Though you can have a healthy concern, I would not lose sleep over it.

Trump most barely beat Hillary, who we generally believe was a bad campaigner/candidate. He won by 80,000 voters over three states. He received the benefit of the doubt from some independents.....and, he had a little help from the Russians.

The 2018 election showed considerable strength among Democrats in WI, MI and PA. It is very unlikely Trump could win those states. Moreover, 2018 showed us that GA, TX and especially AZ have some purple in them. They can be had by the Dems. Ever since Trump was elected, there has been a "bluing" in just about every election held since (the Dem out performed Hilary AND/Or closed by a much narrower margin than the last election).

Trump has never had an approval north of 45%. He has 54% that believe he is unfit (not doing a bad job, but incompetent). He has done nothing to expand his base......and, we really don't know what is ahead in terms the nine investigations against him..... tonight I am learning that war is opening on yet another front, the Trump inaugural accounting now being investigated. Each of these things is working to peel voters from his base; he his doing nothing to expand it. He doesn't have votes to give.

Remember, even though Obama won a second time, even with a vote north of 50%, he received 5 million votes the 2nd time. Trump has done nothing to expand his base and can't afford any erosion from his 2016 election let alone that amount of erosion that is most likely.

Its not impossible for Trump to win again; but it is highly, highly unlikely.

Sleep well!

Underestimate him at your own perilSent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
A veiled threat as a rebuttal...is this what rock bottom looks like?

Don't kid yourself.
On I absolutely agree they have no ethics and will continue to support him, However I think many if not most of them know he’s full of crap...they just won’t admit it and will support him despite that fact.

Back
Top Bottom