• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Concession Tour

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I posit that Gen. Flynn’s pardon is the second act of Trump’s concession, the first was releasing the GSA head to ascertain the 2020 election. There will be more to follow, buckle up, USA!

I posit that Gen. Flynn’s pardon is the second act of Trump’s concession, the first was releasing the GSA head to ascertain the 2020 election. There will be more to follow, buckle up, USA!
Obviously, he will be taking Flynn on the 'Lock Them Up!' national tour!

What Flynn ever convicted of a crime? I am sure that needs to happen first before the president can pardon someone.

What Flynn ever convicted of a crime? I am sure that needs to happen first before the president can pardon someone.

Flynn actually plead guilty... twice! He was scheduled to be sentenced when Bill Barr's DOJ tried to shut it down.

Flynn actually pled guilty . . . twice! He was scheduled to be sentenced when Bill Barr's DOJ tried to shut it down.

So Flynn probably does not care about being pardoned.

So Flynn probably does not care about being pardoned.

Sure he cares; having a felony conviction would affect many areas of his life, including voting, holding public office, etc. Once the DOJ tied up the sentencing hearing, Flynn knew he'd never spend a day in jail; a pardon means everything is wiped off his record, IIRC.

Sure he cares; having a felony conviction would affect many areas of his life, including voting, holding public office, etc. Once the DOJ tied up the sentencing hearing, Flynn knew he'd never spend a day in jail; a pardon means everything is wiped off his record, IIRC.

So why did he plead guilty?

My understanding is loss of voting rights varies depending on which state the criminal lives in. For some it is permanent; others can vote again after being discharged from prison. Two states let criminals vote in jail.

He was convicted, but not yet sentenced

Trump will do far more damage before he is gone. He is a vindictive person and he will burn down the whole country just to spite Biden and those that voted for him.

Because Sydney Powell was his lawyer and she sucks...oh and because he was guilty.

A lot of suspects are convicted after pleading not guilty.

Powell should be barred from practicing law, but that is another topic.

So why did he plead guilty?

My understanding is loss of voting rights varies depending on which state the criminal lives in. For some it is permanent; others can vote again after being discharged from prison. Two states let criminals vote in jail.

He pleaded guilty because he was guilty; the FBI had all his discussions with Russians on tape! And you are correct, what "rights and/or privileges" felons lose depends upon the state in which they live (or move to in the future). I just tossed out a couple of rights that I know some states withhold from felons, like voting, holding public office, gun ownership, etc. I'm sure Flynn is happy that a Pardon means he won't have to contend with those annoyances, lol.

Edit: Also, his guilty plea allowed him to get a few charges dropped and work with the Feds as a cooperating witness.

Trump will do far more damage before he is gone. He is a vindictive person and he will burn down the whole country just to spite Biden and those that voted for him.

January 20 can't come soon enough.

I also look forward to the rattlesnake moving into a jail cell.

No, you don't have to be convicted of a crime. After all, Ford pardoned Nixon preemptively.

I was trying to find a thread to put this in, there’s a lot of false news going around claiming that Trump stated that he would leave the White House if Biden won the Electoral College vote in December.

I watched the footage multiple times, that is not what he said.

He replied that it would be difficult to concede if he (paraphrasing) had evidence that he received more votes than Biden did, and went on to elaborate. A reporter asked him if he would leave the White House on January 21, and he replied of course he would.

But the implication was that he would continue to investigate the matter through January. If it came down to that.

Last edited:
... there’s a lot of false news going around claiming that Trump stated that he would leave the White House if Biden won the Electoral College vote in December.

Reporter did not ask when he would leave. Reporter just asked if he would. It makes sense the implication is that he would leave like any other President, in January.

So what I bolded is exactly what he said actually. He would leave (in Jan) if Electoral College votes for Biden (in Dec). Of course, what he SAYS does not really matter since he lies so much.

Watch it again starting 0:55

I was trying to find a thread to put this in, there’s a lot of false news going around claiming that Trump stated that he would leave the White House if Biden won the Electoral College vote in December.

He replied that it would be difficult to concede if he (paraphrasing) had evidence that he received more votes than Biden did, and went on to elaborate. A reporter asked him if he would leave the White House on January 21, and he replied of course he would.

But the implication was that he would continue to investigate the matter through January. If it came down to that.

Not if it coming out of his pocket!

Reporter did not ask when he would leave. Reporter just asked if he would. It makes sense the implication is that he would leave like any other President, in January.

So what I bolded is exactly what he said actually. He would leave (in Jan) if Electoral College votes for Biden (in Dec). Of course, what he SAYS does not really matter since he lies so much.

Watch it again starting 0:55

I see what you mean, but I think the second reporter tricked him.

He said no to the first reporter, heard (I think) the second reporter ask if he would leave the building on January 21, and he replied “Certainly I will.”

Personally, I think he has until January 5 to make his case.

I see what you mean, but I think the second reporter tricked him.

He said no to the first reporter, heard (I think) the second reporter ask if he would leave the building on January 21, and he replied “Certainly I will.”

Personally, I think he has until January 5 to make his case.

The second reporter was speaking very clearly, never mentioned any dates and even if she had mentioned Jan 21 (which I assume she meant), it would not change anything as far as my or your argument goes. She simply asked ("just to be clear") if EC votes for Biden if he is going to leave. He said "of course" he would.

The second reporter was speaking very clearly, never mentioned any dates and even if she had mentioned Jan 21 (which I assume she meant), it would not change anything as far as my or your argument goes. She simply asked ("just to be clear") if EC votes for Biden if he is going to leave. He said "of course" he would.
I don’t think he heard the “if EC votes for Biden” part, she spoke very quickly.

A reporter had already asked him if he would concede if the EC voted for Biden, he said he would have to investigate further (paraphrased), and then said “I can’t say that at all.”

He has until January 5 to convince the House not to certify the EC. If he can’t prove the fraud by then, he needs to concede and let Biden take office.

And if there was fraud, we would then need to deal with it, with Biden in office.

I don’t think he heard the “if EC votes for Biden” part, she spoke very quickly.

No, she was not speaking "very quickly". AND it would be quite hard to miss what she was saying after she said "just to be clear". And even if she did (which she did NOT), the “if EC votes for Biden” part was already implied from first reporter question anyway.

A reporter had already asked him if he would concede if the EC voted for Biden, he said he would have to investigate further (paraphrased).

Yes, he did not want to CONCEDE, but clearly he stated he would LEAVE the White House.

He has until January 5 to convince the House not to certify the EC. If he can’t prove the fraud by then, he needs to concede and let Biden take office.

Nowhere did he talk about Jan 5. BOTH reporters were talking about actions after EC votes for Biden. He said it would be HARD to CONCEDE (with first reporter), but he would "of course" LEAVE the White House (with second reporter).

He pleaded guilty because he was guilty; the FBI had all his discussions with Russians on tape! And you are correct, what "rights and/or privileges" felons lose depends upon the state in which they live (or move to in the future). I just tossed out a couple of rights that I know some states withhold from felons, like voting, holding public office, gun ownership, etc. I'm sure Flynn is happy that a Pardon means he won't have to contend with those annoyances, lol.

Edit: Also, his guilty plea allowed him to get a few charges dropped and work with the Feds as a cooperating witness.
Which he eventually tried to withdraw his guilty plea and he quit his cooperation agreement. I would hope the feds would bring those additional charges again. I think it all depends on how Trump wrote up the pardon.

No, she was not speaking "very quickly". AND it would be quite hard to miss what she was saying after she said "just to be clear". And even if she did (which she did NOT), the “if EC votes for Biden” part was already implied from first reporter question anyway.

Yes, he did not want to CONCEDE, but clearly he stated he would LEAVE the White House.

Nowhere did he talk about Jan 5. BOTH reporters were talking about actions after EC votes for Biden. He said it would be HARD to CONCEDE (with first reporter), but he would "of course" LEAVE the White House (with second reporter).
I do not think he heard the first portion of the second reporter’s question.

Yes, he will leave the White House if the issue is not resolved by January, but, as he stated to the first reporter, he would not concede simply because of how the Electors voted.

Again, Trump replied “I cannot say that at all,” and you cut it out of my post when you quoted it. Which, with all due respect, seems a bit suspicious.

I also want to point out here that after a press briefing where Trump accused liberals of conspiring against him, a reporter yelled out “Isn’t this (characteristic?) of a dictator?”

I’m not sure the reporter realized that she was revealing to the public that certain individuals had a realistic motive for a conspiracy against a President, who was perceived by some to be a “dictator.”

Back
Top Bottom