• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump concedes to Nancy Pelosi, agrees to postpone State of the Union speech until the shutdown ends

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://amp.businessinsider.com/tru...si-postpones-state-of-the-union-speech-2019-1
President Donald Trump will not give his State of the Union address during the government shutdown, he announced on Twitter Wednesday night.

This concession ends a weekslong scuffle between Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who earlier on Wednesday denied Trump use of the House of Representatives chamber to deliver his speech.
What mental gymnastics will trumps cult followers use in order to convince themselves that Trump is some sort of brilliant political strategist.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/tru...si-postpones-state-of-the-union-speech-2019-1 What mental gymnastics will trumps cult followers use in order to convince themselves that Trump is some sort of brilliant political strategist.

Trumpkins, by their very nature, are incapable of engaging in mental gymnastics. They live in an alternate reality of their own construction which permits them to pretend their little tin god is actually looking out for their interests.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/tru...si-postpones-state-of-the-union-speech-2019-1 What mental gymnastics will trumps cult followers use in order to convince themselves that Trump is some sort of brilliant political strategist.

Trump forced her to commit. She pulled her invitation after her weasely attempt to get Trump to back down. She now owns the fact that the SOTU will not happen because she prefers to play partisan politics.

I don't think Trump is "some sort of brilliant political strategist". Pelosi put herself in this position. He just took advantage of it.

Trump forced her to commit. She pulled her invitation after her weasely attempt to get Trump to back down. She now owns the fact that the SOTU will not happen because she prefers to play partisan politics.

I don't think Trump is "some sort of brilliant political strategist". Pelosi put herself in this position. He just took advantage of it.

Exactly. she offered to hold it and gave some BS excuse. Trump called her on it and forced HER to rescind the offer.
If he had held it you would have seen all the people here have a melt down of how petty he is.

Now he took that away from them so now they can cry that he caved but he didn't. He accepted the invitation offered and forced her
to rescind it. the only one looking bad as always is pelosi the great leader of the house lol.

So a bunch of self aggrandizing incoherent bull**** or a speech written by a professional.

Big whoop.

No one ever said that he couldn't lose. Don't be ridiculous. So if he doesn't win every battle, he never won even one? What kind of bull**** are you trying to peddle here? He's a businessman who has made some shrewd decisions that has greatly helped our economy so far, but he can't control all of that either. No one can. You do realize that Pelosi got hurt in this battle too; because I'm reading that some Democrats are getting tired of her **** show. They want compromise, and she's not providing any. Trump has successfully demonstrated that, whether you want to admit it or not.

So a bunch of self aggrandizing incoherent bull**** or a speech written by a professional.

Big whoop.

shrug...

You are welcome to express your spin and rationalizations, but you cannot change the facts.

Exactly. she offered to hold it and gave some BS excuse. Trump called her on it and forced HER to rescind the offer.
If he had held it you would have seen all the people here have a melt down of how petty he is.

Now he took that away from them so now they can cry that he caved but he didn't. He accepted the invitation offered and forced her
to rescind it. the only one looking bad as always is pelosi the great leader of the house lol.

Yeah.

Trump really won this one.

[emoji849]

Yeah.

Trump really won this one.

[emoji849]

The entire world knows Trump lost this one. I mean, those in the world whose brains work properly.

She won this one. Trump caved because Pelosi was winning the argument. And I have little doubt that Kellyanne Conway didn't make it crystal clear to him that his poll numbers are very real, and he was losing the battle.

I actually will give Trump some credit for caving. Maybe he's learning something now.

thanks for the laughs!

Psst: Only Trump fanboys and groupies will miss that speech. I'm quite certain the majority of Americans will be happy to get a break from the windbag. All he does is lie anyway... :shrug:

Psst: Only Trump fanboys and groupies will miss that speech. I'm quite certain the majority of Americans will be happy to get a break from the windbag. All he does is lie anyway... :shrug:

Less than 46 million people watched last year's SOTU. That isn't even Trump's Fan Base.

Most Americans don't watch it and don't care. They won't care if he never delivers this one.

shrug...

You are welcome to express your spin and rationalizations, but you cannot change the facts.

The facts are when he talks off the cuff its inchorenet nonsense. When. He sounds reasonable he's reading a speech someone else wrote.

Neither one is worth listening to.

I'll catch the lowlights on the Daily Show.

Back
Top Bottom