• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Comes Up Empty When Pressed for Evidence of Election Fraud in Court

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Trump Team Fails to Cite Mail-in Election Fraud Cases in Court

The Trump campaign’s 524-page response to a discovery demand turned up precisely zero instances of mail-in vote fraud.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP’S campaign, ordered by a federal court judge in Pennsylvania to back up its claims of fraud in the state’s vote-by-mail system, has documented only a handful of cases of election fraud in recent years — none of which involved mail-in ballots. The revelation, which came in the form of a partially redacted 524-page document produced by the Trump campaign last week, undermines the claim by Trump team operatives that mail-in ballot fraud is a grave risk to Pennsylvania voters.

The campaign is suing Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth Kathy Boockvar and each of the state’s county election boards to prevent election administrators from providing secure drop boxes for mail-in ballot returns. These drop boxes allow voters to return their mail-in ballots by hand, without sending them through the postal system and risking delays. The Trump campaign alleges that the practice “provides fraudsters an easy opportunity to engage in ballot harvesting, manipulate or destroy ballots, manufacture duplicitous votes, and sow chaos.”

In a motion last week, Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future and the Sierra Club called on the Trump campaign to provide evidence of the existence of voter fraud, arguing that the campaign’s lawsuit was “replete with salacious allegations and dire warnings” about Pennsylvania’s elections and that they “must either be compelled to provide discovery concerning their fraud-based allegations or be precluded from pursuing these claims going forward.” Judge J. Nicholas Ranjan granted the motion, ordering the campaign to “produce such evidence in their possession, and if they have none, state as much.”

It's a lie. It's a lie intended to screw people over and prevent their votes from being counted.

the precious votes by mail.

Zero? ZERO?? Lol, even I assumed that there had to be some mail-in voter fraud. Like, .0025% or something. But zero??

VOTE! Vote by mail, place an absentee ballot in a drop-box or at the registrar's office ,early voting and in person. Just vote.

Zero? ZERO?? Lol, even I assumed that there had to be some mail-in voter fraud. Like, .0025% or something. But zero??

I thought it was 0.00001% or something like that, give or take a zero, for 100's of millions of votes.

Holy ****! Zero? ZERO? Not ONE instance? That's freaking amazing. Literally amazing.

Oh, I'm sure they'll find the one Trumpist who sent five in to count all those hallucinated millions of illegals voting.

It's a lie. It's a lie intended to screw people over and prevent their votes from being counted.

It took Trump's lawyers 524 pages to say they have bupkis. I hope they charged Trump by the page.

Well who would have seen this? That when push comes to shove, Trump's propaganda narrative falls apart.

I'm still waiting for his health plan since March of 2015 ...

Any day now...
In an exclusive interview with ABC News, President Donald Trump declared he would be announcing a “phenomenal” new health care plan within the next two months, and said health care would be a priority leading up to his 2020 re-election campaign.
(That interview was on 6/17/2019).

No, really, any day now...
“We’re signing a health-care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health-care plan,” Trump pledged in a July 19, 2020 interview with “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace.

Any day now...
In an exclusive interview with ABC News, President Donald Trump declared he would be announcing a “phenomenal” new health care plan within the next two months, and said health care would be a priority leading up to his 2020 re-election campaign.

“We’re signing a health-care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health-care plan,” Trump pledged in a July 19, 2020 interview with “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace.

This is how he does business. This is how he has sold all his properties...by lying.

From the OP article:

This is far from the first time that Republicans have failed to substantiate their frequent claims that voter fraud is a persistent problem in American elections. In 2018, one of U.S.’s most prominent crusaders against voter fraud, then-Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, was asked by a district court to produce evidence that noncitizens were voting in his home state of Kansas. Kobach brought forth witnesses, but their testimony fell apart on cross examination. Judge Julie Robinson wrote in her opinion that “evidence that the voter rolls include ineligible citizens is weak. At most, 39 [non]citizens have found their way onto the Kansas voter rolls in the last 19 years.” The rare known cases of voter fraud were not the tip of the iceberg, she concluded, “there is no iceberg; only an icicle, largely created by confusion and administrative error.”

After taking office, Trump established a controversial presidential commission to study voter fraud. The commission met only twice before disbanding without producing evidence of widespread voter fraud in U.S. elections.

Any day now...

I already know what the GOP's phenomenal new healthcare plan is.

Poor people die in the streets, and please don't get in the way of rich people while doing it.

Well who would have seen this? That when push comes to shove, Trump's propaganda narrative falls apart.

I don't recall another administration that had a worse record in court.

Nixon?

lol

Not even Nixon was in court so often.

This thread appears to lack Trumpsters. Where are they?

Color me shocked that Team Trump couldn’t document a single case of mail in voter fraud after claiming this type of voting is riddled with fraud.

We knew what he was claiming was BS that had nothing to do with fraud and everything to do with voter suppression.

There was an Administration that didn’t do very well at Nuremberg.

Back
Top Bottom