• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump claims to be perhaps the most honest human god created.

Buckeyes85

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
At a recent rally, Trump told the crowd:
"I've got to be the cleanest sheriff," ....... "I think I'm the most honest human being, perhaps, that God ever created."

These ridiculous comments were told in the context of him also, unbelievably, claimed to have run the cleanest white house ever. This man's hubris is simply beyond comprehension.

I haven't read up on the new testament in a while, but didn't jesus appear on earth in human form, and didn't god create him?

To paraphrase This is Spinal Tap: I don't know on what day god created Donald Trump but couldn't he have rested on that day also?

"I've got to be the cleanest sheriff," ....... "I think I'm the most honest human being, perhaps, that God ever created."

These ridiculous comments were told in the context of him also, unbelievably, claimed to have run the cleanest white house ever. This man's hubris is simply beyond comprehension.

I haven't read up on the new testament in a while, but didn't jesus appear on earth in human form, and didn't god create him?

To paraphrase This is Spinal Tap: I don't know on what day god created Donald Trump but couldn't he have rested on that day also?
This is post #5 on the thread. I predict 20-30 posts supporting Trump's thesis. Would you bet the over or under?

That wasn’t even the worst part. Madison Cawthorn went full tent show revival ………go to about 2:00 in.

This is post #5 on the thread. I predict 20-30 posts supporting Trump's thesis. Would you bet the over or under?
I don't think so.
If anything, it will be blown off by some as an off the cuff joke.
But given the largely Christian crowd that he panders to, not something to joke about. And of course, he wasn't joking, he was bragging (in addition to obviously lying).

That wasn’t even the worst part. Madison Cawthorn went full tent show revival ………go to about 2:00 in.

The want to put Dr. Fauci in jail?

lol
The bitch forgot we were there

This is as false as saying Trump supporters are smart is true......equally dumb

PT Barnum side show continues

OK DJT, I'm going to take you to the Lake of Fire for that one, Just like Rudy, oh there you are, how do you like the Lake of Fire?

That's twice now, because I got you when I did your Party.

What was it Rudy said, oh he was going to make trouble in Heaven for the people who put him in jail. That's a lot worse.

So you are ok with Trump lying, got it.
Sure. An assertion by Mr Trump. or anyone else. that people were created by some imaginary thing called 'god' is untrue.

-snip-

"I think I'm the most honest God, perhaps, that human being(s) ever created."

"As a son of Holocaust survivors, I might be expected to find it offensive to use the Holocaust as a yardstick for the political turmoil caused by Trump. But I don't."
by David Lee Preston, For The Inquirer
Published Jan 27, 2021
“...By defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord,” Hitler wrote in 1925 in Mein Kampf, adding that “in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility.”

Bill Eddy LCSW, JD

5 Types of People Who Can Ruin Your Life
Posted May 6, 2019
"...1. Seductive personalities

Whether in dating, hiring, or electing people, narcissists and sociopaths are the two most seductive personalities on the planet. For those narcissists and sociopaths who also want to be politicians, they learn how to seduce whole populations and can be temporarily highly effective—long enough to get elected—but then are usually very harmful in the long run. Yet most people miss the simple early warning signs of these high-conflict politicians (HCPs): 1. Preoccupied with blaming others; 2. Lots of all-or-nothing thinking; 3. Unmanaged or intense emotions; 4. Extreme behavior or threats.

Narcissists greatly exaggerate their accomplishments, then they charm people with their grandiose ideas. “I will build you a house/franchise/wall/whatever. It’ll be the best ever. Believe me.” They often convince themselves it's true. On the other hand, sociopaths flat-out lie and make serious threats. “I have a secret plan, but I can’t tell you until after I’m elected. You’ll be amazed. But I have a lot of secrets and don’t expect me to ever tell you, or I may have to hurt you.”

Since narcissists lack empathy and sociopaths lack remorse, they can and will say whatever they think will seduce their targets. They are constantly speaking, often in charming and seductive intimate tones, .. an us-against-them approach, which creates a particularly powerful bond with their followers. At the same time, both narcissists and sociopaths are skilled at constantly complaining that they have been treated unfairly so that they groom their followers step-by-step to aggressively defend them and even fight for them when asked...."

Last paragraph of article,
..Questions about what he read or didn’t read aside, we have yet to stumble upon a verifiable instance of Trump expressing respect or admiration for Adolf Hitler. What we did find is that people (including some close to him) have been insinuating that Trump has an affinity for Hitler for the better part of 30 years, which in and of itself is interesting.
By David Emery
  • Published 17 April 2019
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjO9L67n4v3AhUtTt8KHc9oDC8QxfQBKAB6BAgUEAI&url=https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/15/trump-post-presidential-books-499741&usg=AOvVaw0O1nQsqDd7pdW44Hdq_20w
Politico.com

Trump rages over post-presidential books he did interviews for​

July 15, 2021
"..He had read a new book excerpt — one of many about his presidency in the last few weeks — that described him telling his former chief of staff John Kelly that Hitler, for all his horrors, “did a lot of good things.”

Last edited:

I wish you'd stop making Trump look small and dishonest. I'm sure what he actually said was:

"I think I'm the greatest god that human beings have ever worshipped". ;)

If god had actually existed the gates of hell would have immediately opened up under Trump and would have swallowed him into eternal purgatory. Or a bolt of lightning would have struck him down where he stood.

I'd offer up Thoughts and Prayers to his followers, but let's be real... they're already damned.

I'd offer up Thoughts and Prayers to his followers, but let's be real... they're already damned.
Or if they aren't, that god can go **** themselves.

Ya'know, if you read the thread title the wrong way, you can enter this thread thinking that DJT claimed he was a human god, and perhaps the most honest one ever created.

Which frankly wouldn't surprise me, if he had claimed that.

But I digress.

I don't know how to address the crazy, so I'm just commenting jokingly on it. Is this how we fall?

Back
Top Bottom