• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Claims He Already Shut Down The Border In Puzzling Exchange With Reporters

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
UM..... Just because you want to do something, doesn't mean that thing has happened or was approved to happen.

President Donald Trump insisted — twice — in an odd exchange with reporters Thursday that he already shut down the border with Mexico and even signed an order to do so.

“Actually two days ago we closed the border,” Trump said at Mar-a-Lago during a meeting with journalists. “We actually just closed it. We said nobody’s coming in because it was out of control.” (See the video above at 16:10)

Then you have this problem with Trump basically lying about things he's done to the media so that he can screw with them.

“I’ve already shut down parts of the border because it was out of control with the rioting on the other side in Mexico. And I just said, ‘Shut it down.’ You see it. I mean, it took place two days ago.” (19:00)

When someone asked if he had to sign an order to shut it down, Trump responded: “Yeah, they call me up, and I sign an order.”

Asked if the media could get a copy, Trump responded: “You don’t need it. Don’t worry. It’s not that big a deal. Maybe to some people it is.”

Is this going to be the new direction in which the Trump WH operates??? Is Trump planning on making up a bunch of Executive Orders that he didn't do and claim that he did them just to make himself look better for his re-election? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Trump has reached peak Kim Jong Un levels of dictatorship, now. Especially to those who still support him

Trump Claims He Already Shut Down The Border In Puzzling Exchange With Reporters

Um... what? :roll:

Maybe in the sense of their comically-transparent propaganda resembles that put out by North Korea and other tin pot dictatorships, but that's as best I can come up with.

Much less comical and far less about propaganda, Russia appears to be pushing toward a justification for a full scale attack on the Ukraine and effort at annexation of same using actual Russian troops as opposed to so called insurgents.

A coincidence with regard to the House in the US flipping Democrat in January and Trump's recent capitulation to MBS in Saudi. I think not!

In a way I’m actually happy that Trump is such a terrible liar. Given the extraordinary number of lies he tells, it helps in cutting down the number that are credible enough to fact check.

UM..... Just because you want to do something, doesn't mean that thing has happened or was approved to happen.

Then you have this problem with Trump basically lying about things he's done to the media so that he can screw with them.

Is this going to be the new direction in which the Trump WH operates??? Is Trump planning on making up a bunch of Executive Orders that he didn't do and claim that he did them just to make himself look better for his re-election? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Trump has reached peak Kim Jong Un levels of dictatorship, now. Especially to those who still support him

Trump isn't lying. He actually did shut down a part of the border two days ago.

Vehicle and pedestrian traffic at the busy San Ysidro crossing came to a halt for 40 minutes as dozens of US police wearing helmets and holding rifles formed a line facing the Mexican side of the frontier. Separately, riot police rehearsed deployment movements. US Customs and Border Protection called all of this a "large-scale readiness exercise."

American soldiers in khaki-colored uniforms set off rockets that exploded with a pungent-smelling white smoke. Helicopters hovered overhead.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hundreds-migrants-push-us-mexico-border-bridge-221000657.html

Sucks when you favorite mainstream media source doesn't tell you what's happening. Evidently, they didn't think you need to know this stuff.

Last edited:
The president should have a right to shut the border down and, congress would disapprove even though the incumbent has not been sworn in yet! The way I look at it is the president is trump and it doesn’t really matter if it looks good or whatever. He wants people to be here legally

Maybe he could just say that they bult the wall and forge some check and claim Mexico gave it to him. Most of his supporters on this board would buy that without even questioning it. When the media reported on it not being True, he could just say it was Fake News and Fox could run fake stories. His base, well you know how brilliant they are....:lamo

The president should have a right to shut the border down and, congress would disapprove even though the incumbent has not been sworn in yet! The way I look at it is the president is trump and it doesn’t really matter if it looks good or whatever. He wants people to be here legally

Isn't reality based, but if it was, you wouldn't support Trump, but clearly you're unable to figure that out.:roll:

To steal one from Helix, King Tangface has you whipped up into a fear frenzy for votes. He doesn't give **** one about anything beyond that.:roll:

Sucks when you favorite mainstream media source doesn't tell you what's happening. Evidently, they didn't think you need to know this stuff.

Sucks when tRumper spin is as weak as tRump lies... :roll:

First no where in the article does it say tRump ordered the border closed on the 22nd, he is unwilling to produce that EO he claims to have signed, and the article states quite clearly the biggest 'closure' was a readiness test.... :doh

Evidently real facts are not required to be a tRump supporter... :peace

Sucks when tRumper spin is as weak as tRump lies... :roll:

First no where in the article does it say tRump ordered the border closed on the 22nd, he is unwilling to produce that EO he claims to have signed, and the article states quite clearly the biggest 'closure' was a readiness test.... :doh

Evidently real facts are not required to be a tRump supporter... :peace

Seems you don't read so well.

From my article, supporting what Trump said about demonstrations two days ago...

Hundreds of Central American migrants staged a boisterous demonstration on the US Mexico border Thursday, screaming for President Donald Trump to let them in as US soldiers and riot police put on a menacing show of force.

From the OP's article...

“I’ve already shut it down, I’ve already shut it down — for short periods,”

Add to that, we know that Trump gives the order for a shut down...

When someone asked if he had to sign an order to shut it down, Trump responded: “Yeah, they call me up, and I sign an order.”

So yes...the border was shut down a couple days ago and Trump ordered it.

I have no idea what EO you are talking about.

Trump is moving so fast that slow walking/thinking lefties in the communist democrat party have a hard time keeping up.

Isn't reality based, but if it was, you wouldn't support Trump, but clearly you're unable to figure that out.:roll:

To steal one from Helix, King Tangface has you whipped up into a fear frenzy for votes. He doesn't give **** one about anything beyond that.:roll:

The reality is that we should have a right to control our side of our boarder. We’re not saying we don’t want anything coming through! Let’s talk about how can we let people in and not the criminals but, what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom