• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Claims California Will ‘Start Getting Cooler’ — While Biden Calls Him a ‘Climate Arsonist’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Biden argued Monday that natural disasters will "become more common, more devastating and more deadly" if Trump wins

President Donald Trump continued to downplay the dangers of climate change, this time while in a Monday meeting with California lawmakers and scientists after millions of acres across the state have already burned this year in deadly wildfires.

"It'll start getting cooler. You just watch,” Trump, 74, told Wade Crowfoot, the California secretary for natural resources.

"I wish science agreed with you," Crowfoot, 46, responded.

Trump told him: "I don't think science knows, actually.”
====================================================================================
Trump neither accepts or understands man made climate change & its effects on things life forest fires & hurricanes.

That Biden. What a funny guy with his idiotic comments.

Reactions: PoS

Biden argued Monday that natural disasters will "become more common, more devastating and more deadly" if Trump wins

President Donald Trump continued to downplay the dangers of climate change, this time while in a Monday meeting with California lawmakers and scientists after millions of acres across the state have already burned this year in deadly wildfires.

"It'll start getting cooler. You just watch,” Trump, 74, told Wade Crowfoot, the California secretary for natural resources.

====================================================================================
Trump neither accepts or understands man made climate change & its effects on things life forest fires & hurricanes.
If climate change is making forest fires, then why isnt the rest of the world on fire? Why is it only happening in California?

I'll watch. If it starts getting cooler in California in the next few months, then climate change must be a hoax.

I'll watch. If it starts getting cooler in California in the next few months, then climate change must be a hoax.
It's already happening where I live. God help us, it might be a new Ice Age!

Reactions: lwf
If climate change is making forest fires, then why isnt the rest of the world on fire? Why is it only happening in California?

That reminds me of this idiotic attempt to disprove AGW:

Yup, they keep coming out with this "sea levels are rising" **** every two weeks- if any of this was actually true, Mount Everest would have been deeper than Atlantis by now.

These comments...

The amount of information someone would have to impart to you before you began to understood what is so laughably wrong with them is staggering.

Are you just trying to be obnoxious on the internet, or are you seriously sitting there thinking you *just know* more than thousands of people who devoted their careers to the field? Do you really not realize that the climate in CA =/= the climate in NB =/= the climate in MA =/= the climate in Chile, so on and so forth? You actually do think that if one area of Earth has one specific susceptibility to climate change, all areas of Earth must be equally susceptible, and you've just super-cleverly disproven AGW yet again?

Have you really never noticed that certain things - say, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes - occur at different rates in different areas? Christ. Enough of the moronic cheap-shots aimed at AGW. You just don't know what you're talking about. If you did, you'd have written a super clever paper, submitted it, and the world of climate science would be flipped on the head. Instead you post this absurd quips on the internet and act like that's all there is to it.

Last edited:

These comments...

The amount of information someone would have to impart to you before you began to understood what is so laughably wrong with them is staggering.

Are you just trying to be obnoxious on the internet, or are you seriously sitting there thinking you *just know* more than thousands of people who devoted their careers to the field. Do you really not realize that the climate in CA =/= the climate in NB =/= the climate in MA =/= the climate in Chile, so on and so forth? You actually do think that if one area of Earth has one specific susceptibility to climate change, all areas of Earth must be equally susceptible, and you've just super-cleverly disproven AGW yet again?

Have you really never noticed that certain things - say, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes - occur at different rates in different areas? Christ. Enough of the moronic cheap-shots aimed at AGW. You just don't know what you're talking about. If you did, you'd have written a super clever paper, submitted it, and the world of climate science would be flipped on the head. Instead you post this absurd quips on the internet and act like that's all there is to it.
If you are correct and California is uniquely an uninhabitable area of earth then everyone should get out of there ASAP!

"California - the death state of the world."ROLF

These comments...

Are you just trying to be obnoxious on the internet, or are you seriously sitting there thinking you *just know* more than thousands of people who devoted their careers to the field? Do you really not realize that the climate in CA =/= the climate in NB =/= the climate in MA =/= the climate in Chile, so on and so forth? You actually do think that if one area of Earth has one specific susceptibility to climate change, all areas of Earth must be equally susceptible, and you've just super-cleverly disproven AGW yet again?

You reply to my questions, yet you totally fail in answering them, instead you attempt to make an attack- and all it does is make you look foolish.

You keep failing whenever you try to rebut me because of a complete lack of proof- you expect me to believe your crappy nonsense without evidence?

No one takes you seriously in this forum, but you havent quite figured it out yet.

You need to read this and learn from it: https://www.wikihow.com/Debate

You reply to my questions, yet you totally fail in answering them, instead you attempt to make an attack- and all it does is make you look foolish. You keep failing whenever you try to rebut me because of a complete lack of proof- you expect me to believe your crappy nonsense without evidence? No one takes you seriously in this forum, but you havent quite figured it out yet. You need to read this and learn from it: https://www.wikihow.com/Debate

I did not fail to answering, you're just lying, trolling, and evading, like always. That or you are literally incapable of understanding that the climate in CA is not the climate everywhere, in which case you really should stop posting about the environment.

Seriously?

Did you forget about Australia?
Explain what you mean by climate change "making forest fires"?

Scientist can call it what they want. When fuel exists (vegetation) and is exposed to hotter temperatures, lower humidity, and drought over time more of it is capable of burning if an ignition happens. The resulting fire may be of higher intensity. If 1000 hour fuels exist the fire duration may be longer because of the low fuel moisture in the heavier fuels. This can have a detrimental effect on the soils.

What we are seeing in fires in the last few years is they are getting larger, more explosive in rate of spread. High winds, High Temps, low RH, Low fuel moisture, heavy fuel loads is a disaster waiting to happen. Is it climate change or a natural cyclic pattern in the weather. I don't know. I do know that the conditions for large fires has gotten worse over the last decade.

If everyone agrees that climate change is contributing to the increase in forest fires, then why aren't we adjusting our forest management practices accordingly?

I promise you that an enhanced forest management plan aimed at reducing the number and scale of these fires would be much easier to achieve than somehow changing climatic conditions.

Pretty risky, saying things will cool down in the winter.

I did not fail to answering, you're just lying, trolling, and evading, like always. That or you are literally incapable of understanding that the climate in CA is not the climate everywhere, in which case you really should stop posting about the environment.
You definitely fail at answering, just like you fail at everything else. Herp derp.

Seriously?
A silly interactive map proves nothing. More herp derp fail.

Did you forget about Australia?
Explain what you mean by climate change "making forest fires"?

Scientist can call it what they want. When fuel exists (vegetation) and is exposed to hotter temperatures, lower humidity, and drought over time more of it is capable of burning if an ignition happens. The resulting fire may be of higher intensity. If 1000 hour fuels exist the fire duration may be longer because of the low fuel moisture in the heavier fuels. This can have a detrimental effect on the soils.

What we are seeing in fires in the last few years is they are getting larger, more explosive in rate of spread. High winds, High Temps, low RH, Low fuel moisture, heavy fuel loads is a disaster waiting to happen. Is it climate change or a natural cyclic pattern in the weather. I don't know. I do know that the conditions for large fires has gotten worse over the last decade.
Australia and CA fires happened because of poor land management. Now where's your proof that the entire planet is on fire because of CC? I want a link, not your silly opinion.

Australia and CA fires happened because of poor land management. Now where's your proof that the entire planet is on fire because of CC? I want a link, not your silly opinion.
I didn't. If you understood what I posted you would know that. I was giving you information about fire behavior and how it is influenced by weather.
Your dismissed. Try educating yourself somewhere else beside Trump U.

You definitely fail at answering, just like you fail at everything else. Herp derp. A silly inractive map proves nothing. More herp derp fail. Australia and CA fires happened because of poor land management. Now where's your proof that the entire planet is on fire because of CC? I want a link, not your silly opinion.

Stupid and dishonest trollish swill from PoS, like always.

The hilarious thing is that he thinks he's posting triumphantly, but the poor guy literally does not know that the climate in CA is not the climate around the globe. He's going to mock AGW scientists, but he has no idea that different regions have different climates.

:ROFLMAO:

I didn't. If you understood what I posted you would know that. I was giving you information about fire behavior and how it is influenced by weather.

He's just trying to annoy people.

You definitely fail at answering, just like you fail at everything else. Herp derp.

A silly interactive map proves nothing. More herp derp fail.

You know nothing jon snow.

Seriously though, consider this: PoS did not stop for half a moment and reflect that with or without AGW, we already have areas that are tornado-prone, areas that are typhoon-prone, areas that are hurricane prone, areas with long winters and summers with shorter falls and springs (ie, coastal MA), dryer areas, wetter areas, flood-prone areas, so on and so forth.

He actually sat there and had the thought "my back yard is not on fire and neither is the rest of the world, so AGW cannot be making wildfires in an area already prone to them worse."

That is an actual thought that he had.

So no proof. I figured as much. Dismissed.

Seriously though, consider this: PoS did not stop for half a moment and reflect that with or without AGW, we already have areas that are tornado-prone, areas that are typhoon-prone, areas that are hurricane prone, areas with long winters and summers with shorter falls and springs (ie, coastal MA), dryer areas, wetter areas, flood-prone areas, so on and so forth.

He actually sat there and had the thought "my back yard is not on fire and neither is the rest of the world, so AGW cannot be making wildfires in an area already prone to them worse."

That is an actual thought that he had.

Lol according to your logic no fires, tornadoes, typhoons or hurricanes ever came about until Al Gore's movie came out. Herp derp. :ROFLMAO:

Lol according to your logic no fires, tornadoes, typhoons or hurricanes ever came about until Al Gore's movie came out. Herp derp.

Man, you just keep saying stupider and stupider shit. Don't try to understand my "logic". You got lost somewhere before square one. Climate change making fires worse in CA does not mean the entire world would have to be on fire. Your post was moronic in the extreme. It's that simple.

Herp derp.

That's more like the PoS I know.

PS: Sorry to hear about that nasty case of last-word-itis.

Last edited:
Man, you just keep saying stupider and stupider shit. Don't try to understand my "logic". You got lost somewhere before square one.

That's more like the PoS I know.

PS: Sorry to hear about that nasty case of last-word-itis.
LOL projecting again. All your posts are textbook derp, keep it up.

After that you'll go downstairs and throw another tantrum lol

So no proof. I figured as much. Dismissed.

Lol according to your logic no fires, tornadoes, typhoons or hurricanes ever came about until Al Gore's movie came out. Herp derp. :ROFLMAO:
The way you posted the question is a gotcha question? (Have you quit beating your wife/significant other? Yes/No)

I will say it again. Climate change does not start fires. Prove me wrong.
When fuels are exposed to long duration of hot dry conditions with high winds, fire danger is elevated.
IF an ignition occurs there is a good chance the fire will spread. Prove me wrong.

You are the one bringing up Gore, and other statements I have not made.

Dismissed
No one can fix stupid. Ignorance can be corrected through education if the person wants to learn.

The way you posted the question is a gotcha question? (Have you quit beating your wife/significant other? Yes/No)

I will say it again. Climate change does not start fires. Prove me wrong.
When fuels are exposed to long duration of hot dry conditions with high winds, fire danger is elevated.
IF an ignition occurs there is a good chance the fire will spread. Prove me wrong.

You are the one bringing up Gore, and other statements I have not made.

Dismissed
No one can fix stupid. Ignorance can be corrected through education if the person wants to learn.
Then youre not really saying anything. All youre doing is spewing out truisms. Better luck next time lol

Back
Top Bottom