• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Claimed Media Only Covered Virus to Hurt His Election Chances

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Because sick, evil people often believe everyone thinks like them, Trump assumed that the news media didn't really care about a deadly, mass pandemic. Trump repeatedly told his adoring minions that as of November 4 (the day after the election), media coverage of the pandemic would disappear.

Trump, Oct 27: "ALL THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IS COVID, COVID, COVID. ON NOVEMBER 4th, YOU WON’T BE HEARING SO MUCH ABOUT IT ANYMORE. WE ARE ROUNDING THE TURN!!!"

Well, no.
NYT.png

Slandering the media is bad for democracy.

Non Compos Mentis

Because sick, evil people often believe everyone thinks like them, Trump assumed that the news media didn't really care about a deadly, mass pandemic. Trump repeatedly told his adoring minions that as of November 4 (the day after the election), media coverage of the pandemic would disappear.

Trump, Oct 27: "ALL THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IS COVID, COVID, COVID. ON NOVEMBER 4th, YOU WON’T BE HEARING SO MUCH ABOUT IT ANYMORE. WE ARE ROUNDING THE TURN!!!"

Well, no.
View attachment 67304699

First, Biden would do a lock down to destroy the last of any competition that Jeff Bezos, big tech and Chinese slave labor factories via covid-19, before declaring HE has eliminated the danger.

We all exist under a Biden administration to be the servants and slaves of the richest corporations and people on earth.

First, Biden would do a lock down to destroy the last of any competition that Jeff Bezos, big tech and Chinese slave labor factories via covid-19, before declaring HE has eliminated the danger.

We all exist under a Biden administration to be the servants and slaves of the richest corporations and people on earth.
We have that already under Trump, plus his lunacy.

Shh. You are ruining his meme that the one term mistake who has never worked a day in his life is all for the "common" man. In reality he despises them and wants as many as possible of us to die.
Scott Atlas, Star Disciple in Trump’s Covid Death Cult
The task force adviser is there to incite the president’s base and facilitate the slow, deadly violence of our failed federal response to the pandemic.

https://newrepublic.com/article/160234/scott-atlas-star-disciple-trumps-covid-death-cult
RDMBDMLZZRK7YL475YOZWLNIFY.jpg

Don't mind him, just their BDS kicking prematurely, wait until Biden is sworn, they will go into whine overdrive. I find amusing to watch.

Trump is a baby.

I hope voters around the country are taking note.

The Trump faithful and the Trump hateful already have made up their minds.

But the rest of the US I hope is seeing Trump, seeing his supporters, seeing them undermine democracy, push hate, and act like morons. I hope they see what the Trumpists have done to the Republican party. I hope we further see shifting to the left until these terrorists that have taken over the Republican party are completely out of all offices and we can get back to conservatives.

We don't need to shut down if EVERYONE would just put on a mask, wash their hands frequently, avoid crowded areas, distance themselves at least 6 feet apart even with family members. How freakin difficult it is to follow those 3 things? You want business as usual...then do your freakin part!!!

Notice how the new virus vaccines both came out just after the election? Nothing like politicizing news like.....Okay let's wait til after the election to announce it cause it might help Trump otherwise.

Well, no.
View attachment 67304699

Donald Trump seriously needs therapy.

Notice how the new virus vaccines both came out just after the election? Nothing like politicizing news like.....Okay let's wait til after the election to announce it cause it might help Trump otherwise.
The drug companies are part of the conspiracy for sure. What kind of a commie name is Pfizer? And the vote counting machine company’s HQ is in Canada.

The drug companies are part of the conspiracy for sure. What kind of a commie name is Pfizer? And the vote counting machine company’s HQ is in Canada.
Actually, "Pfizer" sounds more fascist to me.

Yep. The drug companies conspired to help biden win so they can pay higher taxes, have more regulations and be forced to lower drug prices due to single player. Its a conspiracy.

One question on the virus and politics. Just listened to conservative talker objecting to shut downs. How does the notion of whether or not to shut down as a tactic to prevent the spread of the virus become partisan? Is the same left right divide on the question present in other countries?

One question on the virus and politics. Just listened to conservative talker objecting to shut downs. How does the notion of whether or not to shut down as a tactic to prevent the spread of the virus become partisan? Is the same left right divide on the question present in other countries?
This is something that has become standard on the right. You are to oppose EVERYTHING the left wants, even if it is something you want also, even if you have to reverse your previous position. This happened to Obama in 2009. The GOP leadership had a meeting in January and it was decided that they would oppose Obama, regardless of the issue.

Many times the republicans found themselves scrambling to argue against positions they had taken prior to Obama winning the presidency when Obama would look at a pending bill, often sponsored and authored by republicans, and saying "Yeah, I can get behind that." The ACA was modeled after a proposed Heritage Foundation proposal. And republicans were obligated to disavow their support of it.

Politics traditionally is the art of compromise. In the early 1990's the GOP decided they would change that. "I will starve my people before I allow them to share half a loaf with the enemy."

lapew would be impressed with the aroma of that one.

The entire planet suffered to hurt Trump's reelection? Get real.

Your post belongs in the conspiracy theory subforum

So the entire world has been waiting for a much-needed vaccine because of the US election?

So the entire world has been waiting for a much-needed vaccine because of the US election?

I never said anything about the vaccine. It's the news about the vaccine I'm talking about. The news stories of two promising vaccines were released just after the election and I'm calling foul.

I never said anything about the vaccine. It's the news about the vaccine I'm talking about. The news stories of two promising vaccines were released just after the election and I'm calling foul.

Why would news agencies in Europe or Asia wait to report the news?
The news was reported as soon as possible with time for testing it just happened to be after the US election.

Back
Top Bottom