• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: China is now paying us great tariffs

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I'm listening to his gibberish press conference. I must admit he's good at spouting out gibberish passionately. He's like a fast-talking used car salesman.

Sadly, our great leader is confused about how tariffs work. China does not pay any tariffs. American citizens pay tariffs. We are being led by an idiot.

Oh, it's not the first time Trump said this.

President Trump is vowing that his latest round of tariffs will help win a trade war, adding that China is "now paying us billions of dollars in tariffs."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-tariffs-on-china-who-pays-tariffs-fact-check-billions-statement/

Last edited:
I'm listening to his gibberish press conference. I must admit he's good at spouting out gibberish passionately. He's like a fast-talking used car salesman.

Sadly, our great leader is confused about how tariffs work. China does not pay any tariffs. American citizens pay tariffs. We are being led by an idiot.

‘Military version’ of eminent domain?

I'm still undecided as to whether or not he knows how tariffs work, or if he just thinks his supporters don't.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-tariffs-on-china-who-pays-tariffs-fact-check-billions-statement/

Finally figured out how taxes work, huh?

All the "TAX THE CORPORATIONS" efforts, are paid by whom?

The point is to hurt China's total exports numbers...and it is/wll.

Why does TDS force leftists to SUPPORT UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES AGAINST THE US, by China and others, calling the President's confronting of them him "causing a trade war", by rectifying inequities against the United States?

Well truth isn't truth now, remember that!

Also his lawyer was convicted for a non crime, and all the lying about Russian contyacts was just for no reason, it was all innocent of course, no collusion!:roll:

Obummer tapped his phones too. Seems like the guy should take up pot smocking, might calm him down

He only has to convince/confuse his base. They are the minority upon which his corruption relies.

All the "TAX THE CORPORATIONS" efforts, are paid by whom?

Corporate taxes are paid by corporations. It's not the same as a tariff which is paid for by consumer directly.

You're claiming that corporations will pass on the cost to the consumer but that's not necessarily true. Raising your prices doesn't necessarily raise your profits. It makes no sense to raise your prices to offset an increase in taxes. If I'm selling my candy at $0.99 I chose that price because of market and psychological reasons. I believe that price point will maximize my gross profits. Lowering or raising my price will hurt profits. So raising prices won't offset the higher taxes on my profits.

I hope your brain doesn't hurt from all this knowledge I poured into it.

Back
Top Bottom