• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump cancels White House Christmas party for the press

homersapien

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
EXCLUSIVE – President Trump has canceled the White House holiday party for the media, making the decades-old tradition a victim of his increasingly contentious relationship with major news organizations.

The annual Christmas-season gathering was a significant perk for those covering the White House, as well as other Washington reporters, anchors and commentators, and New York media executives would regularly fly in for the occasion. At its peak, the invitation-only soirees grew so large that there were two back-to-back events, one for broadcast outlets and one for print organizations.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-cancels-white-house-christmas-party-for-the-press

That is great! I love it!

giphy.gif

Bah humbug!

Great move by President Trump!! Why reward the rebellious and lying press?

They're so awful and disrespectful towards him, the presidency and his family.

President Trump is one of the most honest chief executives in a long time.

The media are his enemy.

So he refuses to be a hypocrite and attend the annual correspondents' dinner or to throw a White House party for his enemies.

Financially, he has saved the media from financial collapse. The New York Times, for example, was on its last legs until he was elected. Now it has rebounded as the leader of the Resistance.

When he inevitably leaves the White House in January, 2021 (sob!), the media are really going to miss him.

The media will become bored being a mere cheerleader for the new Democratic president. And some of the weaker prints will close down. (Yea!)

A canceled party. So what.

Trying to count that as some sort of victory is pathetic.

You are a bean counter, right? Trump just saved the country at least a million dollars on a party that a lot of the press was going to boycott anyways.

AprilDRyan

@AprilDRyan
Like last year, I wasn’t planning on going. I don’t break bread w/people who don’t like me. I feel sorry for those who wanted 2 go. Party on? The White House’s holiday press soiree may be a ghost of Christmas past - The Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...c39b02-faa1-11e8-8d64-4e79db33382f_story.html

7:16 AM - Dec 9, 2018

The Person of the Year will interpret it as an attack, discuss the attack ad nauseam, which in turn will enable the President to rub more salt on it to amplify the "see, they are self-aggrandizing douchebags" angle.

Its his approach to everything: make an opponent stoop to your level of absurdity, then attack them for being absurd. Its clearly been effective for 50+ years, so why change now.

Well, it shows how paranoid, vindictive and childish the Trump administration is, as well as Trump's own personal sense of entitlement. The party itself is meaningless compared to what it's cancelling means as a window into the state of Trump's mind.

Well, it shows how paranoid, vindictive and childish the Trump administration is, as well as Trump's own personal sense of entitlement. The party itself is meaningless compared to what it's cancelling means as a window into the state of Trump's mind.

wrc02.jpg

And just like that, plans by CNN staff to break away from the party so that they could clandestinely scrub the inside of their assholes with Trump's toothbrush are foiled. #StableGenius!!

:lamo

The only thing this will do is continue this asinine war between Trump and the press, there is no win here.

Lol...someone has a boo boo lip

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The only thing this will do is continue this asinine war between Trump and the press, there is no win here.
As if this party was going to have the press change its lying ways, bwhaaaa!

Don't worry, Trump will still be able to do his 3 am twitter rants.

As if this party was going to have the press change its lying ways, bwhaaaa!

Well, we all know it won't have lying POTUS change his. So what difference does it make?

Actually it is trump looking like the child here with trump going “boo hoo they don’t worship me, boo hoo why don’t they like me the meanies”. And trump supporters come off looking even worse. :lamo

Maybe you and others can send Xmas cards to trump to let him know you care :lamo

EXCLUSIVE – President Trump has canceled the White House holiday party for the media, making the decades-old tradition a victim of his increasingly contentious relationship with major news organizations.

The annual Christmas-season gathering was a significant perk for those covering the White House, as well as other Washington reporters, anchors and commentators, and New York media executives would regularly fly in for the occasion. At its peak, the invitation-only soirees grew so large that there were two back-to-back events, one for broadcast outlets and one for print organizations.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-cancels-white-house-christmas-party-for-the-press

That is great! I love it!

giphy.gif

Saving the taxpayers some money wasted on political stooges. :thumbs:

As long as they trigger libs I'm in favor...lol

Of course you do because you support division instead of unity. Trump and his supporters are dividers and not Uniters. Thank you for proving me right about not only trump but trump supporters .:lamo

Don't worry, Trump will still be able to do his 3 am twitter rants.

At least he's awake at 3am, unlike Hillary and Obama.

Of course you do because you support division instead of unity. Trump and his supporters are dividers and not Uniters. Thank you for proving me right about not only trump but trump supporters .:lamo

Conservatives are united. It is left wingers who are losing their minds.

Saving the taxpayers some money wasted on political stooges. :thumbs:

And you only prove your comments dishonest because you have no problem with taxpayer money being spent on the biggest political stooge, Trump.

Conservatives are united. It is left wingers who are losing their minds.

Sorry bub, but I know many conservatives that are against trump so you only prove your comments ignorant and dishonest. For such a newbie you’re getting a bad rep.

Back
Top Bottom