• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

trump: can he win ?

qmuddy1

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
is sanders helping trump by staying in ? thanks

Yes, Trump can win. As for Bernie? I am sure it would have been better for her if we trashed the democratic process and anointed her the chosen from the outset with no challenge whatsoever. But that isn't the way democracy is supposed to work.

Trump can absolutely win. Hillary simply has an advantage.
Agreed. Nothing is certain in politics.

Depends how many people are still paying attention. If most people have checked out already and are just assuming it's Clinton vs Trump ... then no, Sanders has no effect.

Can he win? I'm afraid he might. We need to do whatever we can to see to it he doesn't. Even Hillary would be a better choice. My dog would be a better choice, and she's dead.

Alternate title to this thread: "America: Is it as Stupid as it Appears to Be?"

I'd say it still depends on Sanders' end game. If he throws in with Hillary in the end, all will be forgiven. Even now, something like 88 percent of Sanders backers say they'd vote for whomever the Democratic nominee is. But if Sanders continues to inflame his backers with a lot of nonsense about how he's getting "screwed," then yes he could have a negative affect. But even then I'd put Hillary's chances way above 50 percent.

But then, I'm an optimist...

Trump polled three points ahead of Clinton tonight. This could help Bernie in the Nomination although it's probably his voters doing this.

The reality is that Trump is a result of extremism. Too much spending, too big a loss of the American spirit, too much cynicism, too much political correctness, too much and too rapid of change to traditional American values, too many manicured say a lot in front of the cameras but really say nothing political types.

People are sick to death of all the DC dictates.

The reality is that Trump is a result of extremism. Too much spending, too big a loss of the American spirit, too much cynicism, too much political correctness, too much and too rapid of change to traditional American values, too many manicured say a lot in front of the cameras but really say nothing political types.
People are sick to death of all the DC dictates.

Here's how he wins: the angry old white guys who pine for the good old days when white guys ruled America turn out in force to vote for their champion while the rest of us don't bother because of course Trump won't win because he's a racist, lying, morally corrupt bully and idiot.
(full disclosure: I'm an old white guy. Not that angry though).

Here's how he wins: the angry old white guys who pine for the good old days when white guys ruled America turn out in force to vote for their champion while the rest of us don't bother because of course Trump won't win because he's a racist, lying, morally corrupt bully and idiot.
(full disclosure: I'm an old white guy. Not that angry though).

While I understand that race simply must factor into the liberal mindset, it bears no true basis in the fact that most people are just plain disgusted with the regular political class. That the "black guy" was elected and was really no different when it comes down to where the rubber meets the road, as they are all in the tank, sooner or later. The hope, most plausibly false, is that Trump will be his own man, not mind the "masters" and actually do what is right for the country as a whole, black white young old male female blah blah blah.

That is an impossible task even if you could figure out what it even means to be right for the country as a whole. But I, too, am sick of the political classes and feel an election of a Trump, at worst, will be a wash.

Over-the-Hillary is not much of a choice; both are more of a consequence.

Men can now piss in little girls bathrooms.

Of course Trump can win.

Men can now piss in little girls bathrooms.

Of course Trump can win.

As long as there are ignoramuses like this, yes, he could win.

As long as there are ignoramuses like this, yes, he could win.

The truth really kicks you people in the nuts, doesn't it?

And no, I'm not a Trump supporter.

The truth really kicks you people in the nuts, doesn't it?
And no, I'm not a Trump supporter.

The truth? You mean that if only we build an enormous wall around our nation, search for and arrest 11 million men, women, and children and drag them across the border, interrogate all visitors about their religious beliefs and not allow in those who believe in Islam, start a series of destructive trade wars, increase defense spending while at the same time slashing taxes on everyone but especially the already rich, then that will make America "great again"?

Weird. Very, very weird.

The truth? You mean that if only we build an enormous wall around our nation, search for and arrest 11 million men, women, and children and drag them across the border, interrogate all visitors about their religious beliefs and not allow in those who believe in Islam, start a series of destructive trade wars, increase defense spending while at the same time slashing taxes on everyone but especially the already rich, then that will make America "great again"?

Weird. Very, very weird.

So I ask you........

How will this make your life better? Improve the economy and create jobs...............Trump tells us daily who he/we should hates but spends no time in telling us how he is planning to make our lives and the country better

Graphic image removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Trump can win. As for Bernie? I am sure it would have been better for her if we trashed the democratic process and anointed her the chosen from the outset with no challenge whatsoever. But that isn't the way democracy is supposed to work.

I actually don't agree with this. I don't think that Bernie just appeared, and that caused the movement by itself. The sentiments have always been there, but particularly have been increasing over the past 10 years. People thought they might get it with Obama, they pushed like hell to get Warren to run for two or three years, and then Bernie came up. Bernie catalyzed the movement and gave it a crystal clear direction, and organization. But if he hadn't come, if Warren stayed out, and it was just Hillary vs. car salesman O'Malley, "Gee That's Hard on Me" Chafe'd, and "Murder me some 'Nam" Webb, you really think those people would have shown up in November?

I think pretty clearly we'd be looking at a whole different scenario --the Democratic primaries would have even lower turnout, and honestly, I think we would have found (and possibly will find) that people just didn't feel motivated to show up at the polls in a Clinton v. Republican mash-up.

The DNC can try blame a decade-long trend on Bernie who's only had national presence for less than a year, but this has always been a failure of the DNC and the political ideology it adheres to.

Back
Top Bottom