• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

trump: can he win ?

So far trump has had more hispanic votes than the other candidates, even considering two of those candidates were hispanic. The other gripe is about how few and far between polling is for hispanic voters this election cycle, it is near impossible to find any, infact the poll you listed has been the only poll I have seen this year regarding the issue, and with no other polls to compare it to, and exit polling thus far showing the opposite, the race is left wide open.

So far trump has had more hispanic votes than the other candidates, even considering two of those candidates were hispanic. The other gripe is about how few and far between polling is for hispanic voters this election cycle, it is near impossible to find any, infact the poll you listed has been the only poll I have seen this year regarding the issue, and with no other polls to compare it to, and exit polling thus far showing the opposite, the race is left wide open.

We'll both see before long.

We'll both see before long.

We could see now if more polling was done, for example the link you listed gave a link to poll specifics, and mentions the poll was conducted by people working for the hillary campaign.

heck so far this election I have seen polls with 20-60 points off from the average, that is why sites like 538 average polling, simply because of how far off two polls on the same demographic or area can be off.

Bernie Sanders has been railing against Hillary R Clinton and the DNC. What if he goes third party? Now hold on before dismissing that, keep in mind he's an Independent in the Senate. The DNC convention is July 25 - 28. He would not be able to get on all 50 states ballots but let's be honest, he wasn't going to win those states, any way.

States that he could not get on the ballot... TX, NC, IL, IN, NM, NV, GA, DE, FL, OK, SC, MI, WA, MO.

AR he would need 1000 signatures by 8/1
KS he would need 5000 signatures by 8/1
ME he would need 4000 signatures by 8/1
MD he would need 38,000 signatures by 8/1
NB he would need 2500 signatures by 8/1
NJ he would need 800 signatures by 8/1
PA he would need 25,000 signatures by 8/1
VT he would need 1000 signatures by 8/1
WV he would need 6705 signatures by 8/1
MA he would need 10,000 signatures by 8/1
SD he would need 2775 signatures by 8/2
WI he would need 2000 signatures by 8/2

These are very doable. The rest of the states he has more time to make it. The red ones would be hard but doable. California would be probably out but it requires 178,039 by 8/12. Bernie has a movement.

Really don't are what people loyal to mexico think.. People that love illegal immigration.. Them being opposed is the whole point..

Latinos are "people loyal to Mexico"? That's a pile of hooey.

Bernie Sanders has been railing against Hillary R Clinton and the DNC. What if he goes third party? Now hold on before dismissing that, keep in mind he's an Independent in the Senate. The DNC convention is July 25 - 28. He would not be able to get on all 50 states ballots but let's be honest, he wasn't going to win those states, any way.

States that he could not get on the ballot... TX, NC, IL, IN, NM, NV, GA, DE, FL, OK, SC, MI, WA, MO.

These are very doable. The rest of the states he has more time to make it. The red ones would be hard but doable. California would be probably out but it requires 178,039 by 8/12. Bernie has a movement.

I'd love to see Bernie Sanders run as a third party candidate as long as someone runs as a conservative independent as well. Sanders would split the Democratic vote, the other??? Romney?? would split the Republican vote, and perhaps, just maybe, we could break the stranglehold the two major parties have on the electoral process.

I'd love to see Bernie Sanders run as a third party candidate as long as someone runs as a conservative independent as well. Sanders would split the Democratic vote, the other??? Romney?? would split the Republican vote, and perhaps, just maybe, we could break the stranglehold the two major parties have on the electoral process.

Actually, no you wouldn't. What would happen is that no candidate would get 270. The election would go to the House with each state getting only one vote. Since the Republicans have the most state delegations, by far, the Republican would be President. Think it can't happen? See the election of 1824.

Oh yeah, Trump is REALLY popular with Hispanics. And racist tirades like his latest against a Federal Judge for looking into the Trump University scam is really scoring him additional points.

trump supporter pumping a Sanders Indy bid cause he feels the Johnson heat .

Oh yeah, Trump is REALLY popular with Hispanics. And racist tirades like his latest against a Federal Judge for looking into the Trump University scam is really scoring him additional points.

Well so far exit polls say he is, atleast as far as republican candidates are concerned, if he gets even 10% more hispanics to vote for him than romney, that i a massive gain.

Oh and would you like to post his racist tirades, so far people like you have been crying wolf so long calling every republican a racist for every single action they do, that no one listens anymore except the ones yelling it. Everyone else is debating his policies, his promises, etc.

Well so far exit polls say he is, atleast as far as republican candidates are concerned, if he gets even 10% more hispanics to vote for him than romney, that i a massive gain.

Oh and would you like to post his racist tirades, so far people like you have been crying wolf so long calling every republican a racist for every single action they do, that no one listens anymore except the ones yelling it. Everyone else is debating his policies, his promises, etc.

Oh, you want to debate his policies? Really? You really want to go there?

So, do you think starting a trade war with China and Japan will work to our advantage? How?
Do you think that spending on building a wall between us and Mexico will be a smart investment? Oh, right, The Donald will make Mexico pay for it because they are so in awe of him!!! :lamo
Do you think that spreading nuclear weapons around the world is a good idea?
Do you think that breaking up NATO is a good idea? By the way, were you ever in the military? Rank?
Do you think that global warming is a hoax? (Well, you probably do. Do you also think the moon landings were faked?)
Do you think that California's drought is a hoax?
Do you think that we should slash The Donald's taxes along with the rest of the already rich assholes? Exactly how will slashing tax revues and doubling the debt make America great again?
Do you think that mass deportations will make America great again? Are you going to sign up to be a Brownshirt who knocks on the doors at 3 in the morning? Are you looking forward to that?
Do you think ending Obamacare with no replacement, dumping 20 million Americans back off of health care again will make American great again? Maybe you thing you'd get a nice tax cut out of it?
Do you want to make America great again? Or do you really want to make America white again?

Last edited:
Oh, you want to debate his policies? Really? You really want to go there?

So, do you think starting a trade war with China and Japan will work to our advantage? How?
Do you think that spending on building a wall between us and Mexico will be a smart investment? Oh, right, The Donald will make Mexico pay for it because they are so in awe of him!!! :lamo
Do you think that spreading nuclear weapons around the world is a good idea?
Do you think that breaking up NATO is a good idea? By the way, were you ever in the military? Rank?
Do you think that global warming is a hoax? (Well, you probably do. Do you also think the moon landings were faked?)
Do you think that California's drought is a hoax?
Do you think that we should slash The Donald's taxes along with the rest of the already rich assholes? Exactly how will slashing tax revues and doubling the debt make America great again?
Do you think that mass deportations will make America great again? Are you going to sign up to be a Brownshirt who knocks on the doors at 3 in the morning? Are you looking forward to that?
Do you think ending Obamacare with no replacement, dumping 20 million Americans back off of health care again will make American great again? Maybe you thing you'd get a nice tax cut out of it?

No I do not think mexic will pay for the wall, they can barely fund their own third world country.

No spreading nuclear weapons is not a good idea, but they are already there and I do not recall trump ever calling for that

Yes I do think breaking up nato is a good idea, they have served no real purpose since the cold war, and yes I was military, 7 years 3 active 4 national guard was deployed to afghanistan and left as an e-3( yes I am a screwup and no high ranking officers do not want any criticism no matter how many soldiers they kill)

Global warming in and of itself does deserve criticism, if it can not be criticized it is no different than religion, since science requires observation, and constant augmentation depending on new fact arriving and variables.

no californias drought is not a hoax, california is retarded for growing their population well beyond what their and their neighbors water supply can handle.

Donald has historically been pro raising taxes, and even recently has floated the idea of raising them, if you claim he is going to drop taxes for the rich, see boy who cried wolf and automatic accusations rather than fact.

mass deportations would not make america great, it will make america enforce it's law, it is bad that we literally turn a blind eye to people here illegally yet will throw someone in jail for possession of marijuana.

And as anyone with half a brain knows, obamacare is a complete joke, universal or single payer would have been way better, leaving it to the mrkets would have been better, almost every other choice from both spectrums woud have been better. Fyi I do not recall trump running his campaign on ending obamacare, go back to boy who cried wolf and automatic accusations against republicans.

Actually, no you wouldn't. What would happen is that no candidate would get 270. The election would go to the House with each state getting only one vote. Since the Republicans have the most state delegations, by far, the Republican would be President. Think it can't happen? See the election of 1824.

Could be. If the Republican were to be a moderate like Romney, the final outcome would be a lot better than either Trump or Clinton.
Don't you think?

No spreading nuclear weapons is not a good idea, but they are already there and I do not recall trump ever calling for that
For conservatives, it helps to not follow the news closely. So I guess now you'll vote for Hillary, right, because she shares you view regarding nuclear non-proliferation.

Yes I do think breaking up nato is a good idea, they have served no real purpose since the cold war, and yes I was military, 7 years 3 active 4 national guard was deployed to afghanistan and left as an e-3( yes I am a screwup and no high ranking officers do not want any criticism no matter how many soldiers they kill)
Okay, an up-check for honesty.

Global warming in and of itself does deserve criticism, if it can not be criticized it is no different than religion, since science requires observation, and constant augmentation depending on new fact arriving and variables.
Actually I'm an atheist, so questioning pronouncements from on high is how I roll. But questioning the conclusions of the vast majority of professionals who study this stuff for a living in a way that oh just so happens to be convenient to your pre-existing beliefs and prejudices is pretty obviously self-serving pabulum. Especially when the evidence of human-caused warming is so self-evident.

no californias drought is not a hoax, california is retarded for growing their population well beyond what their and their neighbors water supply can handle.
And yet you support a man who imagines such things. What's that feel like?
Oh, and by what method would a conservative like you suggest that a government restrict population growth?

Donald has historically been pro raising taxes, and even recently has floated the idea of raising them, if you claim he is going to drop taxes for the rich, see boy who cried wolf and automatic accusations rather than fact.
Facts are not the friend of conservatives. Even the conservative Tax Foundation admits that his plan would increase the deficit by over ten trillion:
•Mr. Trump’s plan would cut taxes by $11.98 trillion over the next decade on a static basis. However, the plan would end up reducing tax revenues by $10.14 trillion over the next decade when accounting for economic growth from increases in the supply of labor and capital.
•The plan would also result in increased outlays due to higher interest on the debt, creating a ten-year deficit somewhat larger than the estimates above.

mass deportations would not make america great, it will make america enforce it's law, it is bad that we literally turn a blind eye to people here illegally yet will throw someone in jail for possession of marijuana.
Marijuana is legal in my state. Go Blue (states).

Last edited:
And as anyone with half a brain knows, obamacare is a complete joke, universal or single payer would have been way better, leaving it to the mrkets would have been better, almost every other choice from both spectrums woud have been better. Fyi I do not recall trump running his campaign on ending obamacare, go back to boy who cried wolf and automatic accusations against republicans.

From Trump's own campaign website:
On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of Obamacare.
Of course he won't get a repeal because a) he won't be president and b) the Republicans have held the Senate and the House for six years and never got a bill to the president's desk to repeal Obamacare. Why not? (hint: Democrats in the Senate). And if you like universal or single payer, then you hold a position that conservatives generally loath. It's the Republicans who blocked single payer. Don't you know that, either?
As for being a joke, it's no joke to the 20 million Americans who have health care because of the ACA. More specifically, as just one example, it's no joke to the thousands of Americans with diabetes, who are now receiving treatment rather than letting it go undiagnosed because they have no way to pay for treatment anyway. And no, hospital emergency rooms aren't any good for long-term chronic illnesses like diabetes.
Oh, those thousand of Americans now getting treatment? They are in Blue states that expanded Medicaid under Obamacare. Those in red states? Let 'em die, I guess.
Must be so weird to be a conservative...

And is hillary's core constituency not uneducated voters?

You might be able to say that, if you had some basis to say it (like third party support for such a statement), but you don't, so you can't. What you want to believe to be true, often is not (see also, Santa Claus)

Actually, the evidence is that educated people tend to be Democrat. The more educated; the more likely you are to be a Democrat.

Is education level tied to voting tendencies? | PolitiFact Georgia
A Deep Dive Into Party Affiliation | Pew Research Center
Why Obama Won the Post-Grad Vote
Proof: Republicans Really Are Dumber Than Democrats - Business Insider

Note, I brought some support for that statement, so I get to make it: the more educated you are the more likely you a Democrat; the less educated you are the more likely you are a Republican.

Now, as I said before (and substantiated), Trump's CORE constituency (not everyone that is going to vote for him) are the less educated.

[video]https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrSbnaz5U5Xt4gAeERXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBy b2lvbXVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--?p=Trump+I+love+the+less+educated&vs=www.youtube.com&fr=mcafee[/video]

You might be able to say that, if you had some basis to say it (like third party support for such a statement), but you don't, so you can't. What you want to believe to be true, often is not (see also, Santa Claus)

Actually, the evidence is that educated people tend to be Democrat. The more educated; the more likely you are to be a Democrat.

Note, I brought some support for that statement, so I get to make it: the more educated you are the more likely you a Democrat; the less educated you are the more likely you are a Republican.

Now, as I said before (and substantiated), Trump's CORE constituency (not everyone that is going to vote for him) are the less educated.

[video]https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrSbnaz5U5Xt4gAeERXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBy b2lvbXVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--?p=Trump+I+love+the+less+educated&vs=www.youtube.com&fr=mcafee[/video]

Of course. People with more education are less likely to fall for a con game.

From Trump's own campaign website:

Of course he won't get a repeal because a) he won't be president and b) the Republicans have held the Senate and the House for six years and never got a bill to the president's desk to repeal Obamacare. Why not? (hint: Democrats in the Senate). And if you like universal or single payer, then you hold a position that conservatives generally loath. It's the Republicans who blocked single payer. Don't you know that, either?
As for being a joke, it's no joke to the 20 million Americans who have health care because of the ACA. More specifically, as just one example, it's no joke to the thousands of Americans with diabetes, who are now receiving treatment rather than letting it go undiagnosed because they have no way to pay for treatment anyway. And no, hospital emergency rooms aren't any good for long-term chronic illnesses like diabetes.
Oh, those thousand of Americans now getting treatment? They are in Blue states that expanded Medicaid under Obamacare. Those in red states? Let 'em die, I guess.
Must be so weird to be a conservative...

But this is also the same trump who wants universal healthcare, so it defeats your meme of repealing obamacare with no replacement.

For conservatives, it helps to not follow the news closely. So I guess now you'll vote for Hillary, right, because she shares you view regarding nuclear non-proliferation.

Okay, an up-check for honesty.

Actually I'm an atheist, so questioning pronouncements from on high is how I roll. But questioning the conclusions of the vast majority of professionals who study this stuff for a living in a way that oh just so happens to be convenient to your pre-existing beliefs and prejudices is pretty obviously self-serving pabulum. Especially when the evidence of human-caused warming is so self-evident.

And yet you support a man who imagines such things. What's that feel like?
Oh, and by what method would a conservative like you suggest that a government restrict population growth?

Facts are not the friend of conservatives. Even the conservative Tax Foundation admits that his plan would increase the deficit by over ten trillion:

Marijuana is legal in my state. Go Blue (states).

Well I read on trumps nuclear proliferation thing, and he pretty much says no way to fight it, But in a sense america has not done much at all to stop it. We use it as a means to harp on other countries in the past, while we blatently ignored pakistan and india getting them.

On global warming no the evidence is not self evident, it is constantly contradictary, and the evidence span is very short due to how short recorded temps are. Science can only exist if there is objection, and objection creates more research, refined theories, and overall betterment. refusing to hear scientific objections claiming your way is right makes you no better than someone who refuses any thought or objection because your religion is right, therefore it can not be questioned.

To explain, in the mid 1800's is was deemed undisputable fact that the earth was 20-40 years old, and there was no such thing as evolution. New scientific theories and evidence proved that wrong, but at that time it was considered scientific fact. Doctors used to believe leeches would drain bad blood and cure people, now we know better. The anwser is science constantly evolves, and if you view it as just right or wrong it becomes religion and not science.

No I do not support trump who says such things, I just oppose the status quo and think politicians job security has made them too distant and complacent, electing who they swore would never win would send a message they can be replaced.

And yes his tax plan says that, but going back over twenty years and even within the last few months, he has admitted he wants to raise taxes on the rich. You can guess which one is political fluffing and which one he supports.

And yes marijuana needs to be legal everywhere, it is stupid that the govt banned marijuana as being super dangerous yet waited until after that to ban lsd and heroine sold as childrens cough syrup< oh forgot amphetamines too, could buy meth t drug stores until the 50's.

Trump is going to be the next president, and for reasons I can not begin to list they are so numerous. But mainly because people are fed up with Washington in general, and realize that Hillary just simply represents more of the same. There are so many closet Trump voters out there that your head would roll to see them exposed as such, the beauty of a closed ballot booth is you wont.

Get used to the idea, you have a mere 5 months of egotistical back and forth banter to endure. Trump is really our only hope at restoring our core values

Is that a bad thing? I think not, the educated class of this country has become so liberal our values are being crushed like grapes.

What is the latest poll result between Clinton and Trump?

Is that a bad thing? I think not, the educated class of this country has become so liberal our values are being crushed like grapes.

Yes, you are right, we should chose ignorance to enlightenment.

This reminds me of the pilot taught procedure for emergency landings at night when your engine has failed. The final step is to turn on your landing lights, if you don't like what you see, then turn them off. Of course, where that analogy breaks down is the voters still have power, so if you don't like what you see, power up and try again.

Sorry, but Trump is narcissistic, arrogant and ignorant, which is an incredibly dangerous, if not lethal, combination. Combine those desirable attributes with the fact he is thin-skinned and has temper and you get the biggest idiot ever to get this close to the office of President. If you do like what you see there, God help us!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom