• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

trump: can he win ?

499161_600.jpg

Trump's childhood in the USSR.

The truth? You mean that if only we build an enormous wall around our nation, search for and arrest 11 million men, women, and children and drag them across the border, interrogate all visitors about their religious beliefs and not allow in those who believe in Islam, start a series of destructive trade wars, increase defense spending while at the same time slashing taxes on everyone but especially the already rich, then that will make America "great again"?

Weird. Very, very weird.

Uh, reading comprehension is cool.

Again, I'm not a Trump supporter.

But I also know a lying, corrupt bitch of a cyborg when I see one. She willfully watched women get sexually harassed, all the while laundering foreign money through a "foundation", then again willingly set up a server to conduct this business against the orders of the president, and she's got the FBI crawling up her ass now.

And yet, you people remain conveniently oblivious.

No.

There's no way Trump can win.

He's not even really serious about this presidential bid.

He's just in it for the publicity, to increase the visibility of the Trump brand.

He won't make it past New Hampshire.

LOL

"Can" Trump win.

LMAO

You knuckleheads still don't get it, do you?

This election cycle is as good as over.

Everything is just formality and pageantry in Trump's inexorable, inevitable march toward the White House.

Find yourself a safe place, bite down hard on that pillow, and enjoy the next eight years.

So I ask you........

How will this make your life better? Improve the economy and create jobs...............Trump tells us daily who he/we should hates but spends no time in telling us how he is planning to make our lives and the country better

...because he has absolutely no clue how to..... its amazing that so much of the electorate either does not see that, does not care or is merely ignorant of what the job of POTUS actually entails... The uneducated voter appears to be a larger constituency than most of us thought possible.

...because he has absolutely no clue how to..... its amazing that so much of the electorate either does not see that, does not care or is merely ignorant of what the job of POTUS actually entails... The uneducated voter appears to be a larger constituency than most of us thought possible.

Perhaps if the anti-Trump folks stopped thinking of others as less educated, less intelligent than themselves they might actually catch a clue as to why.

Not holding my breath for that to happen.

Perhaps if the anti-Trump folks stopped thinking of others as less educated, less intelligent than themselves they might actually catch a clue as to why.

Not holding my breath for that to happen.

Its hard to deny that the less-educated voter is Trump's core constituency. That does not mean that everyone that supports Trump is uneducated, but I would argue that many of those are either ignorant of the job of POTUS or are just so disenfranchised that they have lost rationality on the subject.

Trump overwhelmingly leads rivals in support from less educated Americans | PBS NewsHour
Who Are Donald Trump's Supporters? - The Atlantic
5 myths about Trump supporters - POLITICO

My issue with Trump is there is zero substance to his campaign. Its all shallow rhetoric and schoolyard insults. "Trust me, I am going to be great" is foolish rhetoric and the someone that "trusts" him is a fool.

Prove me wrong. You have the floor. Tell us exactly how:

1) He will defeat Isis;
2) Fix the deficit and
2) How he will bring manufacturing back to the US

Give us cites to his policy positions and show us a clip of a speech where he articulated the same

If you can not do that, then you are one of the people I am admonishing....

The truth? You mean that if only we build an enormous wall around our nation, search for and arrest 11 million men, women, and children and drag them across the border, interrogate all visitors about their religious beliefs and not allow in those who believe in Islam, start a series of destructive trade wars, increase defense spending while at the same time slashing taxes on everyone but especially the already rich, then that will make America "great again"?

Weird. Very, very weird.

You forgot only hiring/electing women with pretty faces, watching your step when they're on their periods, bombing the hell out of ISIS, only honoring veterans who weren't captured, making fun of people with disabilities, supporting the birthers and referring to your wife as a "good piece of ass." All that is necessary to truly make America great again.

Apart from what the polling says .....

I think that the recent revelations concerning the Clinton e-Mails, and the Inspector General report leaves Clinton without much choice but to resign. On Chris Matthews tonight, there was some chatter as to FBI underlings demanding that she be charged.

Lets face it ..... these e-mails were not a "Mistake" ---- it was against Federal Law.

In addition to this, the Clinton Foundation stories are beginning to hit mainstream media and that is more dangerous to Hillary because everybody totally dislikes "Charity" fraud. (She can't blame the Republicans.) Even the Red Cross lost hugely because of the fraud involving Hurricane Katrina.

If stories about the Clinton Foundation continue, Hillary would rather drop-out of the race and use "health" as a reason, (Blood Clots) and failing that, drop-out using the reason of "e-Mails" rather than subject herself to constant questions concerning the Clinton Foundation because this involves the whole Clinton Clan.

I don't think Hillary can withstand both the e-Mail and Charity Fraud accusations combined.

I think it is game over for Hillary.

Calm

Last edited:
Uh, reading comprehension is cool.
But I also know a lying, corrupt bitch of a cyborg when I see one. She willfully watched women get sexually harassed, all the while laundering foreign money through a "foundation", then again willingly set up a server to conduct this business against the orders of the president, and she's got the FBI crawling up her ass now.

Spoken like a true conservative drone. Conservatives have slimed Clinton for 25 straight years and conservative rabbit people have lapped it all up and believe it is all true.

No, she didn't willfully watch women get sexually harassed. Sane people know this.
No, she didn't "launder" money through a foundation that brought millions of dollars to people in need.
The State Department's IG has issued its report on the emails, and has found no criminal wrong-doing. But it did find:
--OIG identified more than 90 Department employees who periodically used personal email accounts to conduct official business, and,
--“State’s technology is so antiquated that NO ONE uses a State-issued laptop and even high officials routinely end up using their home email accounts to be able to get their work done quickly and effectively” and
--it notes that Bush's SecState Colin Power had a similar setup.

So sorry, Hillary Clinton isn't the beast you believe her to be. She's not immoral. You are. You're happy to leave millions of American with no health insurance. You're miserable when you see government helping people. Your conservative philosophy has turned you into the beast you believe Hillary Clinton to be.

Spoken like a true conservative drone. Conservatives have slimed Clinton for 25 straight years and conservative rabbit people have lapped it all up and believe it is all true.

No, she didn't willfully watch women get sexually harassed. Sane people know this.
No, she didn't "launder" money through a foundation that brought millions of dollars to people in need.
The State Department's IG has issued its report on the emails, and has found no criminal wrong-doing. But it did find:
--OIG identified more than 90 Department employees who periodically used personal email accounts to conduct official business, and,
--“State’s technology is so antiquated that NO ONE uses a State-issued laptop and even high officials routinely end up using their home email accounts to be able to get their work done quickly and effectively” and
--it notes that Bush's SecState Colin Power had a similar setup.

So sorry, Hillary Clinton isn't the beast you believe her to be. She's not immoral. You are. You're happy to leave millions of American with no health insurance. You're miserable when you see government helping people. Your conservative philosophy has turned you into the beast you believe Hillary Clinton to be.

Wow, you drank the Kool-aid, pissed it out, and drank it all over again.

She is ABSOLUTELY guilty of all of that. But keep your head in that safe little bubble.

Wow, you drank the Kool-aid, pissed it out, and drank it all over again.
She is ABSOLUTELY guilty of all of that. But keep your head in that safe little bubble.

Then the FBI will find that, right? Just like she was ABSOLUTELY guilty of preventing the military from rescuing her employees in Benghazi.
Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the two-year investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

And just like she was ABSOLUTELY guilty of White Water. And just like she was ABSOLUTELY guilty of Travelgate. And just like she was ABSOLUTELY guilty of Troopergate. And just like she was ABSOLUTELY guilty of murdering Vincent Foster.

It just never ends with you people, does it? Let me guess, you get 100% of your "information" from Fox "News," Rush Limbaugh, and Weird News Daily. Amiright?

But I bet if she was a conservative who wanted to bust the budget with reckless tax cuts for the already rich and if she spat on immigrants and Muslims, you'd just love her, wouldn't you?

Last edited:
Here's how he wins: the angry old white guys who pine for the good old days when white guys ruled America turn out in force to vote for their champion while the rest of us don't bother because of course Trump won't win because he's a racist, lying, morally corrupt bully and idiot.
(full disclosure: I'm an old white guy. Not that angry though).

I wonder if you are discounting the electorate's apparent frustration with DC, elitist politics, elitist politicians and establishment politics as usual.

Don't we see this both in the GOP, in Trump, and in the Democrat electorate, the challenge and contention that Bernie has mounted?

Specific to the thread, can Trump win? Well, yes, it is in the realm of possibility. There are a number of challenges that Trump faces in accomplishing this. We'll have to see how he meets these challenges.

We'll all have to see how this unfolds.

Can someone explain to me why Trump supporters claim their voting for him to shake up Washington, yet he's part of whats wrong with Washington. I mean we all want the bought and paid for politicians out, but Trump by is own admission has bought and paid for politicians. So do Trump supporters just want to get rid of the middle man?

Can someone explain to me why Trump supporters claim their voting for him to shake up Washington, yet he's part of whats wrong with Washington. I mean we all want the bought and paid for politicians out, but Trump by is own admission has bought and paid for politicians. So do Trump supporters just want to get rid of the middle man?

The see trump as an outsider, someone who wants to go to Washington and fix what is broken. The trouble with that scenario is that Trump is not an outsider and that he is a fake and a con man. He's promising 76 trombones in the big parade whether he knows how to play them himself or not. Remember that play? The biggest differences is that Trump is not likely to have a change of heart nor is he a fast talking con. No, he talks like a ten year old, and his supporters love it. Finally, a politician who doesn't sound like one of those college guys! He's one of us! You can figure out who "us" is.

The see trump as an outsider, someone who wants to go to Washington and fix what is broken. The trouble with that scenario is that Trump is not an outsider and that he is a fake and a con man. He's promising 76 trombones in the big parade whether he knows how to play them himself or not. Remember that play? The biggest differences is that Trump is not likely to have a change of heart nor is he a fast talking con. No, he talks like a ten year old, and his supporters love it. Finally, a politician who doesn't sound like one of those college guys! He's one of us! You can figure out who "us" is.

You've been playing this tune for a while now, and you ratchet it up every time you get proven wrong. Keep adding to the pile, won't make you any more right. That high horse elitist claim of yours is growing thinner by the minute.

You've been playing this tune for a while now, and you ratchet it up every time you get proven wrong. Keep adding to the pile, won't make you any more right. That high horse elitist claim of yours is growing thinner by the minute.

So far, no one has proven my claim that Trump is a fake and a con man wrong.

It would be great if they could. We could all relax in t he knowledge that the American voters, or at least the Republican voters, haven't been conned after all.

Alas, however, I'm afraid that Romney is right.

So far, no one has proven my claim that Trump is a fake and a con man wrong.

It would be great if they could. We could all relax in t he knowledge that the American voters, or at least the Republican voters, haven't been conned after all.

Alas, however, I'm afraid that Romney is right.

And you know just as well as everyone else that your spurious claims are a matter of opinion and cannot be proven or disproven. However, your elitist tantrums characterizing his supporters have been disproven. Doesn't seem to matter to you, you've dug in. Funny really, because you only have to examine your own intractable position to understand why nothing you say is going to sway those who support Trump.

Its hard to deny that the less-educated voter is Trump's core constituency. That does not mean that everyone that supports Trump is uneducated, but I would argue that many of those are either ignorant of the job of POTUS or are just so disenfranchised that they have lost rationality on the subject.

Trump overwhelmingly leads rivals in support from less educated Americans | PBS NewsHour

My issue with Trump is there is zero substance to his campaign. Its all shallow rhetoric and schoolyard insults. "Trust me, I am going to be great" is foolish rhetoric and the someone that "trusts" him is a fool.

Prove me wrong. You have the floor. Tell us exactly how:

1) He will defeat Isis;
2) Fix the deficit and
2) How he will bring manufacturing back to the US

Give us cites to his policy positions and show us a clip of a speech where he articulated the same

If you can not do that, then you are one of the people I am admonishing....

Ummm most of the exit polls have defied that logic, trump has actually done very well with young and middle aged voters, hispanics and women, educated and uneducated voters.

The groups trump has done bad with are black voters(they were never going to vote gop anyways) old people and die hard evangelicals. The sad part is so far the candidate that appeals to mostly old white people has been clinton, she pretty muched stomped sanders on the old white people vote and the black vote.

Also to note probably close to 95% of all the trump voter demographics I have found were taken last year long before any votes were cast, or used iowa exit polling and ignored every other state after that. Heck the washington times has an article about it.

Donald Trump wins more demographics than just poor, uneducated - Washington Times

And you know just as well as everyone else that your spurious claims are a matter of opinion and cannot be proven or disproven. However, your elitist tantrums characterizing his supporters have been disproven. Doesn't seem to matter to you, you've dug in. Funny really, because you only have to examine your own intractable position to understand why nothing you say is going to sway those who support Trump.

Oh, I'm quite aware that nothing I could say would ever sway Trump's Chumps. They are, after all impervious to fact, logic, and reality. It's just somewhat entertaining to listen to them say that they don't care if he is a misogynist, or a racist, or a child molester for that matter. Sometimes, I think Trump is right that he could go out on the street and shoot someone without losing any votes.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/2016-...s-rattled-gop-candidate-4.html#post1065907524

It's also somewhat entertaining to listen the them go on about being "conservative" when the fact is that Trump is only a fake conservative.

Ummm most of the exit polls have defied that logic, trump has actually done very well with young and middle aged voters, hispanics and women, educated and uneducated voters.

The groups trump has done bad with are black voters(they were never going to vote gop anyways) old people and die hard evangelicals. The sad part is so far the candidate that appeals to mostly old white people has been clinton, she pretty muched stomped sanders on the old white people vote and the black vote.

Also to note probably close to 95% of all the trump voter demographics I have found were taken last year long before any votes were cast, or used iowa exit polling and ignored every other state after that. Heck the washington times has an article about it.

Donald Trump wins more demographics than just poor, uneducated - Washington Times

Let me restate, as you missed my point, choosing to believe that I said ALL Trump are uneducated. I did not.

I said the uneducated voter is his core constituency. A core constituency is the foundation of his voter base. Its a segment of the base that he gets 70-80% of. You can't win on just a core constituency. The numbers you cite (from the Washington Times, a terribly credible source, but we will let pass) show Trump had some majority (minor), within the Republican party primary voter base (in and of itself, is a super minority) of some more desirable constituencies. While factually correct, is not impressive nor persuasive as an argument.

The article talked about the New York primary. Republican leaning voters in a primary that was very late in the cycle. There were not much in the way of options: Trump v Kasich (who was not going win) versus Cruz, who was viable, but not going to win in New York. So, the sample discussed herein is not really a particularly valid sample to extrapolate to the overall Trump voter base. Not to mention, that New York voters tend to be more educated than America in general. Poor sample.

I hope you realize not refute my point; you pretty much underscored it.

Again, until a Trump supporter can tell me exactly what he is going to:

1) Fix the deficit;
2) Bring manufacturing back to the US; and
3) Defeat ISIS

with a cross reference to Trump policy statements and speeches, I am left with the sense that the supporter has just bought into "Trust me, I'm going be great", which is not something an educated voter or a sophisticated voter would do.

So, Clownboy could not do it... he went away rather sheepishly when so challenged. Can you? or, perhaps you too are a member of the core constituency?

Please, someone legitimize the illegitimate.

Last edited:
Let me restate, as you missed my point, choosing to believe that I said ALL Trump are uneducated. I did not.

I said the uneducated voter is his core constituency. A core constituency is the foundation of his voter base. Its a segment of the base that he gets 70-80% of. You can't win on just a core constituency. The numbers you cite (from the Washington Times, a terribly credible source, but we will let pass) show Trump had some majority (minor), within the Republican party primary voter base (in and of itself, is a super minority) of some more desirable constituencies. While factually correct, is not impressive nor persuasive as an argument.

The article talked about the New York primary. Republican leaning voters in a primary that was very late in the cycle. There were not much in the way of options: Trump v Kasich (who was not going win) versus Cruz, who was viable, but not going to win in New York. So, the sample discussed herein is not really a particularly valid sample to extrapolate to the overall Trump voter base. Not to mention, that New York voters tend to be more educated than America in general. Poor sample.

I hope you realize not refute my point; you pretty much underscored it.

Again, until a Trump supporter can tell me exactly what he is going to:

1) Fix the deficit;
2) Bring manufacturing back to the US; and
3) Defeat ISIS

with a cross reference to Trump policy statements and speeches, I am left with the sense that the supporter has just bought into "Trust me, I'm going be great", which is not something an educated voter or a sophisticated voter would do.

So, Clownboy could not do it... he went away rather sheepishly when so challenged. Can you? or, perhaps you too are a member of the core constituency?

Please, someone legitimize the illegitimate.

I was entirely arguing the core constituency point, not the jobs isis or fix deficit etc, clownboy dug himself into a corner on that argument he can dig himself out. Also the 70-80% thing is not even close, in some states it was a 60/40 split between educated and non educated voters for trump. In some other states it was near 50/50.

Nearly every exit poll has defied the uneducated voter meme against trump, Infact of all the candidates on both sides, trump has the most diverse support, and still has defied all election logic. Of course never under estimate populism, even an unpopular idiot can win an election running on a populist platform.

I said the uneducated voter is his core constituency. A core constituency is the foundation of his voter base.

And is hillary's core constituency not uneducated voters?

Really don't are what people loyal to mexico think.. People that love illegal immigration.. Them being opposed is the whole point..

I'm just stating fact. Trump may be able to narrow that gap, but for now, he's getting spanked. I live in an Hispanic culture here in Houston, TX. I don't know a single Hispanic person here who supports Trump. I'm sure some do, but I'm telling you, as of now they are vastly in the minority.

Back
Top Bottom