• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Can’t Avoid Reality Forever

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Let’s look away from the tawdry spectacle of the Republican convention.

Judge-Maryanne-Trump-Barry-sister-of-Donald-Trump-300x181.png

Former federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry.

8/28/20
The words of Trump’s own sister, the former federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, hung over the opening day of the convention. “He has no principles,” she said in a leaked recording. “None! None!” Many a past president has been burdened with siblings who drank too much, talked too much, or grifted too much. But I cannot think of one who was a central witness against the president’s character. Add Judge Barry’s words to those of Michael Cohen, Trump’s former fixer and one of numerous felons from the law-and-order president’s inner circle. “I was complicit in helping conceal the real Donald Trump,” he says in a new ad. “And I’m here to tell you he cannot be trusted, and you shouldn’t believe a word he utters.” On convention’s eve, Trump had tried to divert attention from the historic tragedy of his presidency, the death of nearly 180,000 Americans from Covid-19, by promoting a miracle therapeutic. But by day one of the party infomercial, FDA commissioner Stephen Hahn had been forced to apologize for vastly overstating, in a disgraceful news conference with Trump, the curative effect of blood plasma treatment. Day three of the convention marked the 6 month anniversary of Trump’s assertion that the coronavirus might soon disappear. As of that day, more than 5.8 million Americans had contracted the deadly disease.

In the spiritual realm, the downfall of the president’s most forceful evangelical promoter fit the pattern of the big scam. Jerry Falwell Jr., was ousted from Liberty University after reports that he liked to watch his wife having sex with a former Miami pool boy. Becki Falwell, wife of the disgraced evangelical, was on the advisory board of Women for Trump. She appeared in a campaign video last year promoting — What else? — traditional family values. Was anyone surprised when Steve Bannon was charged with defrauding the poor saps who gave millions to his We Build the Wall campaign? Mexico did not pay for Bannon’s bail. But his arrest is a reminder of the foundational fraud of Trump’s 2016 campaign: that Mexico would pay for a border wall. Even Trump’s biggest propagandist, Sean Hannity, is in on the con. He thinks the president is “crazy”. At the same time, California is burning and the South is underwater. If you play the sucker, you won’t notice that this confederacy of con men has been unable to gaslight the seasonal rage of climate change. Nor would you care.

If Trump loses the election, it will require an army of people simply to identify everything Trump has destroyed during his four year stint as a reality TV show president.

If Trump loses the election, it will require an army of people simply to identify everything Trump has destroyed during his four year stint as a reality TV show president.

Becki Falwell was promoting family values?:lol:

Becki Falwell was promoting family values?:lol:

Hey now, don't kink shame!

There's nothing at all wrong with their sex life, all consentual and they enjoy it. I'm happy for them. The wrongness is in pretending to be better than other people....

I know ya know that tho ;)

Imagine the fires he will set as a lame duck....

There's nothing at all wrong with their sex life, all consentual and they enjoy it. I'm happy for them. The wrongness is in pretending to be better than other people....

I love the hypocrisy of these fake Evangelicals.

NOPE, anyone with any sense, knows that ensnaring cabana boys, and making them part of the family, will not end well. Doing that which you pretend you dont, NEVER ends well.

If I were in that position that Biden will be in, after the election and before the inauguration, I'd immediately pull up every damn appointment I possibly could, pull them into regular meetings and then assign each cabinet member with just what you said. Bring me a list of the damage we intend to undo first. Then break it out by what will take a bill and what can take just an EO. Write up the EO's. On inauguration day, get inaugurated, do the Pennsyvlania Ave walk from the capitol to the white house, then sign every last one of the EO's that were drafted in the trump lame duck session and forward the ones that will take bills to the Democratic Speaker of the House and to what will be the Democratic Senate Majority leader.

If I were in that position that Biden will be in, after the election and before the inauguration, I'd immediately pull up every damn appointment I possibly could, pull them into regular meetings and then assign each cabinet member with just what you said. Bring me a list of the damage we intend to undo first. Then break it out by what will take a bill and what can take just an EO. Write up the EO's. On inauguration day, get inaugurated, do the Pennsyvlania Ave walk from the capitol to the white house, then sign every last one of the EO's that were drafted in the trump lame duck session and forward the ones that will take bills to the Democratic Speaker of the House and to what will be the Democratic Senate Majority leader.

Yeah but these are establishment democrats; a sternly worded letter might be too much to ask. Chuck isn't quite the man he used to be either and neither is Nancy, and her dentures slip a lot, so, maybe they just say bygones....

Yeah they'll definitely just go with 'bygones, what can ya do?'

Yeah but these are establishment democrats; a sternly worded letter might be too much to ask. Chuck isn't quite the man he used to be either and neither is Nancy, and her dentures slip a lot, so, maybe they just say bygones....

Yeah they'll definitely just go with 'bygones, what can ya do?'

I hope Shahid Buttar can get some traction by the election and make Pelosi the next Eliot Engel. I'm quite sure Pelosi will take her own advice and refuse to debate him. Dude is super smart.

Last edited:
That would be a violation of the Liberty University Code of Conduct. Does he now have to forfeit his diploma?

Yes, matters of sexual behavior are rarely confined to a single instance. I suspect there will be a robust list.

Perhaps. But then it would be an admission from the University which could then lay the groundwork for a retirement sized lawsuit for that guy too.

Back
Top Bottom