• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump campaign officials caught in Chinese donation sting

Einzige

Elitist as Hell.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Exclusive investigation: Donald Trump faces foreign donor fundraising scandal

Undercover reporters posing as consultants acting for a Chinese benefactor approached specific pro-Trump and pro-Clinton fundraisers and groups after receiving information that individuals were involved in hiding foreign donations.

Sources also said PACs, “independent” organisations that can raise unlimited sums of money to lobby for or against particular candidates, were being used to circumvent rules.

The pro-Clinton organisations did not respond to initial approaches. But earlier this month an undercover reporter spoke by telephone to Eric Beach, co-chairman of the pro-Trump Great America PAC, which has the backing of Rudy Giuliani, one of Mr Trump’s most senior advisers, as well as the billionaire's son Eric.

Undercover reporters were invited to a Great America PAC event at Stoney's Rockin Country bar in Las Vegas
The reporter said a Chinese client wished to donate to the PAC to support Mr Trump's campaign.

Mr Beach appeared interested despite raising concerns about his nationality and saying he would need to know the donor’s identity.

He suggested the donation could be put through a social welfare organisation called a 501(c)(4) - or C4 - , which unlike a PAC is not subject to a blanket ban on receiving foreign money, and not required to name donors. He stressed in an email that "any path we recommend is legal".

The reporter then received an email from Jesse Benton, a senior figure at the PAC until being convicted in May in connection with buying a senator’s endorsement on a prior campaign. He said he was a “consultant” and that Mr Beach had not wanted a “paper trail” of contact. He and the PAC later denied that he had worked for it at all since May.

Mr Benton proposed channelling the donation through his own company to mask its origin. It would then be passed on to two C4s before being donated by them to the PAC, or simply used to fund projects the PAC had already planned.

Mr Benton said the $2 million, for which he would submit an invoice for “appearances” would “definitely allow us to spend two million more dollars on digital and television advertising for Trump.” The Chinese benefactor's generosity would be “whispered into Mr Trump’s ear.” He said he had previously helped US donors conceal donations.

Mr Beach then said at the Vegas event last Wednesday: "Trump knows that you know, people have stuck with him … I’m not gonna twist your arm or anything, I just think that there’s no way that this group, and you guys have been participating indirectly or directly, won’t be remembered."

This is YYYUUUUGGGEEE! Yet Trumptards will find an excuse or the classic "but Hillary...."

And it won't wash, but hey, he has no policy other than "I'm rich and I'm great, so I'll do great and make great deals". Basically he'd sell out this country's interests to the highest bidder if it benefited him and his.

Further, much opposed to what conservative posters always whine about with Hillary scandals, this, so far has received very little MSM coverage nationally.

It's also from the Torygraph, England's "respectable" conservative newspaper of record.

I doubt that this case will stop Trump from getting elected.

But getting fewer votes than Clinton will.

And that's what's going to happen.

Clinton may not win by a landslide but I doubt that a nationwide recount will be needed.

This is YYYUUUUGGGEEE! Yet Trumptards will find an excuse or the classic "but Hillary...."

And it won't wash, but hey, he has no policy other than "I'm rich and I'm great, so I'll do great and make great deals". Basically he'd sell out this country's interests to the highest bidder if it benefited him and his.

but but.jpg

Wait... people suddenly care about foreign money and influence?

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Wait... people suddenly care about foreign money and influence?

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Given that the GOP has been whining about it this entire election season, only to be caught with their hands in the cookie jar...

And the comments from the righties?

*crickets*

Given that the GOP has been whining about it this entire election season, only to be caught with their hands in the cookie jar...

So it's bad, huh?

I guess I was right all along. They both suck! I'm glad reasonable people will see this article and apply consistent logic.

Back
Top Bottom