• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Campaign Lining Up Tyson and Ditka for Convention

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trump Campaign Lining Up Sports Icons for Convention - Bloomberg Politics

“Instead of a political convention, Donald Trump is preparing to stage the world's worst infomercial in Cleveland. Several sports personalities and musical entertainers have agreed to appear at this summer's convention.
Donald Trump’s campaign aides are lining up a slate of iconic sports figures to appear at the national convention in Cleveland next month—including former undisputed world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, legendary Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka, former Indiana University basketball coach Bobby Knight and NASCAR chief Brian France, people familiar with the planning told Bloomberg Politics.

Talks are in the works with a broad slate of other celebrities and top athletes, so the list of those appearing at the convention will grow, organizers said. But much of Trump’s current list of sports champs seems to be more targeted at male voters age 45 and older, rather than minority and female voters……………

SEE:
Trump To Turn GOP Convention Into World's Worst Infomercial Starring Mike Tyson

Everyone says they expect the GOP Convention to be a 4 night infomercial........

But it may seem because Trump cannot get and prominent GOP speakers.....

He is going to turn the Convention into the Ed Sullivan Show

Trump Campaign Lining Up Sports Icons for Convention - Bloomberg Politics

“Instead of a political convention, Donald Trump is preparing to stage the world's worst infomercial in Cleveland. Several sports personalities and musical entertainers have agreed to appear at this summer's convention.
Donald Trump’s campaign aides are lining up a slate of iconic sports figures to appear at the national convention in Cleveland next month—including former undisputed world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, legendary Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka, former Indiana University basketball coach Bobby Knight and NASCAR chief Brian France, people familiar with the planning told Bloomberg Politics.

Talks are in the works with a broad slate of other celebrities and top athletes, so the list of those appearing at the convention will grow, organizers said. But much of Trump’s current list of sports champs seems to be more targeted at male voters age 45 and older, rather than minority and female voters……………

SEE:
Trump To Turn GOP Convention Into World's Worst Infomercial Starring Mike Tyson

Everyone says they expect the GOP Convention to be a 4 night infomercial........

But it may seem because Trump cannot get and prominent GOP speakers.....

He is going to turn the Convention into the Ed Sullivan Show

Well, don'tcha know that Trump's the best thing to ever happen to politics in 'Murica 'cause, y'know, he ain't a politician? You betcha!

Well, don'tcha know that Trump's the best thing to ever happen to politics in 'Murica 'cause, y'know, he ain't a politician? You betcha!

Bad news............Ditka has declined

Sneed exclusive: Ditka politely declines Trump's invitation | Chicago Sun-Times
Sneed exclusive: Ditka politely declines Trump’s invitation

Things Get Dire For Trump’s GOP Convention As Mike Ditka Turns Down Speech Offer

Donald Trump asked Mike Ditka to speak at the Republican convention, and the legendary football coach turned the Republican nominee down.
The Chicago Sun-Times reported:
Continuing to speak about their mutual respect for one another on a phone line that was interrupted by brief periods of ambient silence, Trump interjected respectfully: “Coach, if you’d like to speak, it would be my great honor.”

Ditka: “I’m not big into doing things like that. I’m not going to change opinions, opinions are like assholes. I believe in the way the constitution was written. But people want to change that. Immigration. Same thing. People want to change things. I believe in you and what you are saying.”

Bad news............Ditka has declined

Sneed exclusive: Ditka politely declines Trump's invitation | Chicago Sun-Times
Sneed exclusive: Ditka politely declines Trump’s invitation

Things Get Dire For Trump’s GOP Convention As Mike Ditka Turns Down Speech Offer

Donald Trump asked Mike Ditka to speak at the Republican convention, and the legendary football coach turned the Republican nominee down.
The Chicago Sun-Times reported:
Continuing to speak about their mutual respect for one another on a phone line that was interrupted by brief periods of ambient silence, Trump interjected respectfully: “Coach, if you’d like to speak, it would be my great honor.”

Ditka: “I’m not big into doing things like that. I’m not going to change opinions, opinions are like assholes. I believe in the way the constitution was written. But people want to change that. Immigration. Same thing. People want to change things. I believe in you and what you are saying.”

Awww...shucky-darn! Maybe he can get Ann Coulter instead!

If you are going to lose then lose big.

Maybe he can get Clint to talk to a chair again.

Mike Tyson?

Hmm... this must be how Trump plans to court the women's vote.

Hmph.

btw, compliments on the signature. That's a great point.

Maybe it is...........But how is Trump going to fill the time of 4 days with no prominent GOP speakers...........Show home movies of when he was a kid?

Two things for sure about this election, it is going to be interesting, and we are going to elect a turd.

UPDATE

Trump: I'll reveal 'totally filled' convention speaking spots next week - POLITICO
Trump: I'll reveal 'totally filled' convention speaking spots next week

“Donald Trump says he has lined up all the speakers for the 2016 Republican National Convention — and will reveal them next week.

The party's presumptive nominee tweeted Saturday that speaking slots for the upcoming convention in Cleveland are "totally filled," and there's a "long" waiting list of more speakers. Trump previously announced a line-up of speakers including former sports stars, many of which later said they had not been contacted about speaking roles……….

…………Earlier this week, POLITICO reached out to 50 prominent Republicans regarding their plans to attend and/or speak at the event. Few said they were interested in attending……..

How is it I have the funny feeling Donald is being less that truthful.......

Trumpty Dumpty has filled some of the spots by having his entire family which will help fill the slots....

And of course there is Mike “I'm a Muslim for Donald Trump” Tyson............

But there are many more speaking slots which need to be filled.........

And I suspect th Donald has yet to find speakers..........

Now here's an idea......

Hew can get Bill at the ....low low every day price of $300,000.......:lamo

UPDATE

Trump: I'll reveal 'totally filled' convention speaking spots next week - POLITICO
Trump: I'll reveal 'totally filled' convention speaking spots next week

“Donald Trump says he has lined up all the speakers for the 2016 Republican National Convention — and will reveal them next week.

The party's presumptive nominee tweeted Saturday that speaking slots for the upcoming convention in Cleveland are "totally filled," and there's a "long" waiting list of more speakers. Trump previously announced a line-up of speakers including former sports stars, many of which later said they had not been contacted about speaking roles……….

…………Earlier this week, POLITICO reached out to 50 prominent Republicans regarding their plans to attend and/or speak at the event. Few said they were interested in attending……..

How is it I have the funny feeling Donald is being less that truthful.......

Trumpty Dumpty has filled some of the spots by having his entire family which will help fill the slots....

And of course there is Mike “I'm a Muslim for Donald Trump” Tyson............

But there are many more speaking slots which need to be filled.........

And I suspect th Donald has yet to find speakers..........

Now here's an idea......

Hew can get Bill at the ....low low every day price of $300,000.......:lamo

if only he were the US attorney general ... then he could get bill to show up and speak for free

if only he were the US attorney general ... then he could get bill to show up and speak for free

I am fairly sure subpoena powers can be used in this situation............

But if so.......

Bill could take the Fifth.........

Repeating over and over again

"“Based on the advice of counsel, I assert my Fifth Amendment rights under the United States Constitution and decline to answer.”

Back
Top Bottom