• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump campaign lawyer says former cybersecurity chief should be 'shot'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/30/trump-campaign-lawyer-cybersecurity-chief-shot-441577

Mind you this is coming from an 'attorney'. He probably shouldn't be one after this. Move over Sidney we may have another demotion from Trump's "elite space force".... oops, I mean strike force. Krebs hinted he may take legal action.

" I've got an exceptional team of lawyers that win in court, and I think they're probably going to be busy,” he said.

Hope he does. No wonder Trump and Fox News supporters are so hard to have to deal with here with this kind of venomous and reckless vitriol.

How can anyone, anyone at all, continue to support that piece of shit Trump knowing who is in his inner circle? Serious question.

"He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot. "

FYI: To be hanged, drawn and quartered was a punishment in England used for men found guilty of high treason. ... The victim's head was cut off, and the rest of the body hacked into four parts or quarters (quartered).

Yeah, it's an expression saying someone should kill him.

Being hanged, drawn and quartered was considered one of the very worst forms of punishment in England. It was an horrific and painful death.

This asshole should be locked away for this.

That's kind of silly. You can't live your life in fear of what 'some nut job' may do.

That said, any 'nut job' that takes this statement of this attorney seriously has additional issues.

All trump supporters have serious issues...

Being hanged, drawn and quartered was considered one of the very worst forms of punishment in England. It was an horrific and painful death.

This asshole should be locked away for this.
What crime would you charge him with?

"He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot. "

FYI: To be hanged, drawn and quartered was a punishment in England used for men found guilty of high treason. ... The victim's head was cut off, and the rest of the body hacked into four parts or quarters (quartered).

Yeah, it's an expression saying someone should kill him.
I prefer the four horses version.

I think the statement may be considered a threat against a former federal official. It also violates Rule 8.2 of the ABA ethics code and may be sanctionable.

I don't recall saying he should be charged with a crime. Maybe you meant to quote someone else?
No, I quoted the person who said the lawyer should be locked up. I assumed you meant after criminal proceedings. My bad.

A death threat is a death threat! It should be strongly addressed regardless of party affiliation.

No, I quoted the person who said the lawyer should be locked up. I assumed you meant after criminal proceedings. My bad.

I didn't say he should be locked up. I said he should be locked away. Read it again. Someone gets locked away in a padded room for being a dangerous sociopath. That isn't the same thing as being locked up in prison.

I didn't say he should be locked up. I said he should be locked away. Read it again. Someone gets locked away in a padded room for being a dangerous sociopath. That isn't the same thing as being locked up in prison.
Okay, fair enough. However, locking someone away also requires adjudication if they don’t initiate the locking away themselves.

He's endearing himself to Trump. Maybe he's hoping to be Trump's new fixer after he's no longer president.

Who the he'll would want that job?!?

Not only will he never win a case, he would never get paid a penny...

I think the statement may be considered a threat against a former federal official. It also violates Rule 8.2 of the ABA ethics code and may be sanctionable.
It was a figure of speech, not a threat.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/30/trump-campaign-lawyer-cybersecurity-chief-shot-441577

Mind you this is coming from an 'attorney'. He probably shouldn't be one after this. Move over Sidney we may have another demotion from Trump's "elite space force".... oops, I mean strike force. Krebs hinted he may take legal action.

" I've got an exceptional team of lawyers that win in court, and I think they're probably going to be busy,” he said.

Hope he does. No wonder Trump and Fox News supporters are so hard to have to deal with here with this kind of venomous and reckless vitriol.
Where I am from he would be in front the Cdn Barr Association

It was a figure of speech, not a threat.
Sure. Tell it to the Disciplinary Committee. Trump hides behind “I was just joking.” This guy calls a threat a figure of speech. It would be a shame if something happened to his family. It’s just a figure of speech.

You gotta love conservatives. Some of these guys arent just looking to live in the 1770s legally speaking, they also want 13th century punishments and 21st century pardons from Trump.

Maybe they're time travelers?

Sure. Tell it to the Disciplinary Committee. Trump hides behind “I was just joking.” This guy calls a threat a figure of speech. It would be a shame if something happened to his family. It’s just a figure of speech.

A US lawyer claiming protections by way of screaming "figure of speech" after saying any US citizen with legal protections should be put under a punishment never used in America is a brilliant legal defense.

Foolproof.

I am sure it will work.

:D

You gotta love conservatives. Some of these guys arent just looking to live in the 1770s legally speaking, they also want 13th century punishments and 21st century pardons from Trump.

I interesting theory,however I suspect time travelers would be far more intelligent.

Although if time travel caused brain damage that would explain a LOT...

How IS IT that the Feds aren't busting down diGenova's door right now?
If I threatened to have diGenova shot, I'd be under arrest, yes?

eh... I was speaking of people who took this as a serious threat.

Bullshit.
If I called you up and issued the same kind of threat to "Mrs. DC Sports" you'd have my ass in the back of a patrol car, and rightly so. Stop with the nonsense....your buddies are issuing fatwahs and you know they are.

Dear god no... That means they were our descendants which means we are doomed to evolve into them! NO WONDER REPUBLICANS WANT TO STOP ABORTION!!!:eek:

Back
Top Bottom