• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump campaign going dark in Arizona, cancels planned TV blitz

Greenbeard

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Interesting development. The numbers in Arizona haven't looked good for Trump all year--time to throw in the towel?

Trump campaign going dark in Arizona, cancels planned TV blitz
Donald Trump’s re-election campaign is going off Arizona airwaves after the Labor Day holiday, and may not resume television advertising in the Grand Canyon State until early voting begins in early October.

On Thursday, records filed with the Federal Communications Commission by Phoenix-area television stations showed that the Trump campaign cancelled all of its ads between Sept. 8 and Sept. 14. The air time totaled approximately $580,000 in the Phoenix media market, which includes most of the state except for the areas surrounding Tucson and Yuma.

A campaign spokeswoman confirmed Trump was suddenly going dark in a state where he has consistently trailed Democratic challenger Joe Biden in the polls — a state that has only voted for a Democratic presidential candidate once since 1948.

Interesting. As is this the poll that came out yesterday putting Biden 3 points ahead of trump in Texas...

Texas President: general election Polls | FiveThirtyEight

All of this even before the latest trump debacle of him ****ting on veterans yet again.

The Sun Belt seems to be a growing problem for the GOP. But Arizona, with Trump's anti-McCain frenzy and massive COVID screw-up, may have slipped beyond Trump's reach.

The Sun Belt seems to be a growing problem for the GOP. But Arizona, with Trump's anti-McCain frenzy and massive COVID screw-up, may have slipped beyond Trump's reach.

We are doing well on Covid now, but our Gov is a tool

Isn't he billionaire? If I was a billionaire I would just blitz everywhere all the time...

I remember that, and mathematically speaking Biden’s lead is outside the moe. Even still it’s weird, though no less weird that Biden isn’t trying harder in Texas since he and trump are essentially in a dead heat there.

I think Biden is waiting until October. I mean, there's an obvious blitz message, and it works better if it's not done too soon.

"Return to normalcy."

I remember that, and mathematically speaking Biden’s lead is outside the moe. Even still it’s weird, though no less weird that Biden isn’t trying harder in Texas since he and trump are essentially in a dead heat there.

Joe is running televised campaign ads here frequently.

Isn't he billionaire? If I was a billionaire I would just blitz everywhere all the time...

He's using his campaign funds for his legal fees....which suggests that he's more of a grifter than a billionaire.

I think Biden is waiting until October. I mean, there's an obvious blitz message, and it works better if it's not done too soon.

"Return to normalcy."

There's definitely an intelligence in keeping the majority of your powder dry for October. The news cycle basically changes every two days. People may forget that before 2017, a single news cycle lasted anywhere between two weeks to two months. Can you imagine talking about something that happened in the past for two months? Ah, you say, but we're not exactly shutting up about the pandemic and protests. Yes, but those things are ongoing. I'm talking about a single event that happened and no longer continuing. Think Benghazi or Trayvon Martin.

Anyway, point is, with two-day news cycles, it would be foolish to spend all your money on changing minds when your ad campaign is going to be instantly forgotten because Trump punched a black baby on live television...a hypothetical case that exemplifies why Biden is keeping the majority of his powder dry.

Huh. I don’t get it. Arizona is an extremely important state and it’s easily within Trump’s reach. Even if he gets Florida he still needs every state he can get.

It’s inexplicable and it forces me to wonder if something else is going on.

Florida has not been looking good for him either. Joe Biden has been leading all year in the state.

Donald Trump definitely made a huge mistake. He needs to win Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom