• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Campaign Backs Off Proposed Muslim Ban

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Now that's odd. I seem to remember quite a few people telling me that the reason they supported Trump is because he would do what he said, didn't back down, told it like it was, meant what he said, etc.

Generally speaking Pierson has made herself into the Baghdad Bob of this election cycle. But even this is...

A spokesperson for the Donald Trump campaign insisted Friday that the billionaire’s controversial proposal to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. never actually applied to all Muslims.

What Mr. Trump is saying is that all of his policies are suggestions, like any other candidate,” spokeswoman Katrina Pierson said, when asked by CNN host Wolf Blitzer if the real estate mogul has softened his position on certain issues. “We all recalled that time where if you liked your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Guess what? That actually didn’t stay the policy.”...

Well, there you have it, folks. The Trump campaign is now officially comparing their own candidates policy proposals to "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" in terms of whether or not it will actually happen.

Yup...now that he is out of the primaries he'll be walking back a lot of things he previously said.

(Sigh)

I've already addressed this long before this "new" information was posted.

He never meant to ban all muslims. He stated that he wanted to prevent mulsim immigrants from entering until a system was set up to vet them thoroughly.

He also stated he was opposed to letting mass migrations of refugees into the nation.

I agree with both and do not see much difference in the current explanation that it ever applied to ALL muslims being banned from the USA.

In any case, now that he will probably be selected as the GOP candidate at the convention, I am fairly sure most of his positions will go through some "clarifications" just like any other final Party candidate does. :shrug:

Last edited:
Even Trump knows he has to appeal to more than just southeastern, aged, angry, and scared white Republican males.

Now that's odd. I seem to remember quite a few people telling me that the reason they supported Trump is because he would do what he said, didn't back down, told it like it was, meant what he said, etc.

Generally speaking Pierson has made herself into the Baghdad Bob of this election cycle. But even this is...

Well, there you have it, folks. The Trump campaign is now officially comparing their own candidates policy proposals to "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" in terms of whether or not it will actually happen.

etch-a-sketch.jpg

In any case, now that he will probably be selected as the GOP candidate at the convention, I am fairly sure most of his positions will go through some "clarifications" just like any other final Party candidate does. :shrug:

"SO just to clarify, I never meant anything I said, I just appealed to racists, xenophobes and crazy people to get this far, that's all fine, don't worry, I'm good now." - Trump

I've already addressed this long before this "new" information was posted.

He never meant to ban all muslims. He stated that he wanted to prevent mulsim immigrants from entering until a system was set up to vet them thoroughly.

Interesting because his stated policy position didn't hold nearly the amount of ambiguity that you claim. Let's review it together.:

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

Also, I wonder how many of his supporters that agreed with his position on the muslim ban interpreted his policy position to mean that it was "just a suggestion."

Interesting because his stated policy position didn't hold nearly the amount of ambiguity that you claim. Let's review it together.:

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

Also, I wonder how many of his supporters that agreed with his position on the muslim ban interpreted his policy position to mean that it was "just a suggestion."

Yep. Sounds like a ban "until our representatives can figure out what is going on." Fairly "ambiguous" since he leaves it to Congress to "figure out what's going on."

Doesn't CONGRESS make the laws regarding immigration? Does a suggestion that no further muslims be allowed to immigrate until Congress "figures out what is going on" with the threat some immigrants seem to pose under out current system sound reasonable?

I guess interpretation all depends on how open your mind is as opposed to how closed with hate and assumption bias it is. :coffeepap:

That's odd - I seem to remember some people saying they were opposed to Trump because they believed he'd do what he'd said. Now that you find he isn't, then you're looking for some new excuse to dislike him.

Don't worry - it will be harder for radical Muslims to get into the US, because nobody wants more San Bernardinos or 9-11s.

That's odd - I seem to remember some people saying they were opposed to Trump because they believed he'd do what he'd said. Now that you find he isn't, then you're looking for some new excuse to dislike him.

Don't worry - it will be harder for radical Muslims to get into the US, because nobody wants more San Bernardinos or 9-11s.

Man. That's great logic. If only we had not wanted terrorist attacks before those events occurred!

:doh

Yep. Sounds like a ban "until our representatives can figure out what is going on." Fairly "ambiguous" since he leaves it to Congress to "figure out what's going on."

Doesn't CONGRESS make the laws regarding immigration? Does a suggestion that no further muslims be allowed to immigrate until Congress "figures out what is going on" with the threat some immigrants seem to pose under out current system sound reasonable?

I guess interpretation all depends on how open your mind is as opposed to how closed with hate and assumption bias it is. :coffeepap:

Actually he was a bit broader than that - asked whether he meant just immigrants, or tourists, or what, he replied "Everyone". Later he stumbled a bit and admitted that US Servicemembers who were Muslims could come back from deployments overseas :roll:

Even Trump knows he has to appeal to more than just southeastern, aged, angry, and scared white Republican males.

South...eastern?

That is interesting that you would focus on the part that is not in dispute, i.e. that congress would make the laws. No ****.

The fact remains that you interpreted the phrase "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" into "never meant to ban all muslims."

Now that I've had a chance to watch the video
“He has not backpedaled on his Muslim ban,” she added. “He said he would back off of it in an instant if things have taken place where we can properly vet individuals. So this media outcry of how Trump has somehow backed off his Muslim ban, I find quite absurd. Because that’s simply not the case.”
This is 100% true. Trump's comments were never meant to be permanent. They were in response to federal officials stating that proper vetting could not take place. This is much ado about nothing and once again an example of liberals and people who are part of the #nevertrump manufacturing manufacturing scandal and outrage where there really isn't anything there.

And northeasterners, and the industrial midwesterners, and people in the southwest, and people in the far west...

It's just the Mid-plains where Trump was weak and those people aren't voting for Clinton.

Man. That's great logic. If only we had not wanted terrorist attacks before those events occurred!

:doh

Obama and other liberals are fine with terrorists attacking this country.

Obama and other liberals are fine with terrorists attacking this country.

That is one of, if not the, most retarded, idiotic, messed up bull**** thing ever posted on this board....

He'll become less serious about the wall as well. Just wait.

That is one of, if not the, most retarded, idiotic, messed up bull**** thing ever posted on this board....

Why did the Obama administration give weapons and training to terrorists affiliated with Al-Qaeda in Syria and Libya? Why is Obama inviting more Syrian "refugees" into this country even though federal officials have confirmed they can't do proper verification?

Face it, Obama is fine with terrorists killing Americans and now that he's on his way out he wants to go out with a bang.

He'll become less serious about the wall as well. Just wait.

But we all knew that the wall was unlikely to be built. I came up with a better method to finance the wall and Trump is supposedly having experts help him with that idea.

Congress does, but President has the final say on banning immigration of any kind, for any reason, and for any duration.

Yup...now that he is out of the primaries he'll be walking back a lot of things he previously said.

He will now become part of the status quo. Who didn't see this coming?

He doesn't need to hang out with the poorly educated and the white working class anymore. He won't likely find himself in that position again unless he chooses to do so. So as the marketer that he is, he changes his tune. I've been saying since the beginning that Trump will do a complete 180 on all his stances and when all is said and done. We will have two liberals in the race. I suspect that he'll be more incompetent than Jimmy Carter and more thin-skinned than Barack Obama. He'll take his rightful place among democrat Presidents. Well, at least for the Donald, he's exposing where the disenfranchised folks stand and their worth in salt.

Back
Top Bottom