• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Campaign Announces ‘Successful’ Fundraising, Rakes in $51 Million in June

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trump: 'Successful' Fundraising, Rakes in $51 Million in June
Trump Campaign Announces ‘Successful’ Fundraising, Rakes in $51 Million in June

“Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump’s campaign stated Wednesday in a press release it raised $51 million from fundraising in the last week of May through the month of June…. According to the campaign, it received $26 million from fundraising emails and efforts. “This was made possible with over 400,000 supporters, with 94% of our supporters giving under $200,” the campaign press release states………… “

A tidy sum of donations at Trumps attempt to do some serious fund raising……….However unless he picks up the rate substantially he will never have the money needed to fund a nation-wide run for the presidency…….

And by comparison, Clinton raised $70 million: $41 million to the campaign, and $28 million to the Democratic National Committee and state parties through the Hillary Victory Fund.
And four years ago, the Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, raised more than $100 million in June…….

IMHO I cannot see Trump ever having enough money to realistically fund his run for president….

ALSO SEE:
Trump announces $51 million fundraising in June - POLITICO

I have a feeling Trump's funding raising just got a serious shot in the arm.

I have a feeling Trump's funding raising just got a serious shot in the arm.

I suspect you may be right.

I think American conservatives may have woken up...and have decided that their loyalty to party (and hatred of liberalism) should trump (!) loyalty to country.

I think he is going to raise lots more money in coming months...but I also think it is too late.

The guy is a loser...and the big money people (the people the party has always counted on) are sitting on their wallets.

I suspect you may be right.

I think American conservatives may have woken up...and have decided that their loyalty to party (and hatred of liberalism) should trump (!) loyalty to country.

I think he is going to raise lots more money in coming months...but I also think it is too late.

The guy is a loser...and the big money people (the people the party has always counted on) are sitting on their wallets.

There will be soul searching, a review of potentially beneficial contacts, and the usual stuff with the big money people. I believe that Trump is correct that he won't need as much money as Hillary. She's going to need an awful lot of paint to cover up all the spots independents can now see. They're pretty hard to miss.

There will be soul searching, a review of potentially beneficial contacts, and the usual stuff with the big money people. I believe that Trump is correct that he won't need as much money as Hillary. She's going to need an awful lot of paint to cover up all the spots independents can now see. They're pretty hard to miss.

Independents are the key to the election.

As I see it...they will break for Hillary Clinton...all but the male, European heritage, over 50 group. They feel too threatened to break away from the Republicans...even if many are disgusted with Trump as their candidate.

As I see it...they will break for Hillary Clinton...all but the male, European heritage, over 50 group. They feel too threatened to break away from the Republicans...even if many are disgusted with Trump as their candidate.

We'll see. It'll be interesting.

I think this is excellent analysis from both of you!

I believe:

- Trump does indeed need less money than her

- Most Indies will break HRC, except for Trump's core demo's Frank described above

And I'll add:

It's not just about popular vote, but about electoral votes. Trump is tied with her in 2 of the 3 key battleground states (OH & PENN). If he can shore-up the 3rd (FL), he's good to go, but that might not be the easiest task.

As the late Tim Russert exclaimed in 2000: "It comes down to FL"

The American Presidency will go as FL goes - mark my words! :thumbs:

I think he is going to raise lots more money in coming months...but I also think it is too late.[/QUOTE

Thank You, Doomsayer.

Everyone kept saying the same crap over and over during the primaries. Well...guess what?

I think this is excellent analysis from both of you!

I believe:

- Trump does indeed need less money than her

- Most Indies will break HRC, except for Trump's core demo's Frank described above

And I'll add:

It's not just about popular vote, but about electoral votes. Trump is tied with her in 2 of the 3 key battleground states (OH & PENN). If he can shore-up the 3rd (FL), he's good to go, but that might not be the easiest task.

As the late Tim Russert exclaimed in 2000: "It comes down to FL"

The American Presidency will go as FL goes - mark my words! :thumbs:

I thing it was maybe a month or a little more ago, trump was showing that he would win the electoral collage, with hillary winning the popular vote. Since then he has lost regained and lost again in those battlegrounds states. Given the current political climate, it is very possible trump could win the electoral collage but lose the popular vote, since he does better in battleground states than as a nationwide number.

I don't know, the european white old male group pushed the other republican candidates during the primary, they were not trumps best supporters, they were however hillaries biggest supporters. So if we went by primary results does hillary mostly appeal to old white men because they favored her so heavily over her opponent?

Thank You, Doomsayer.

Everyone kept saying the same crap over and over during the primaries. Well...guess what?

Primaries are different with very different voter demographics then the general election, lets not pretend like Trumps victory in the primaries means a whole lot in the General.

The total amount of votes cast in the Republican primaries was 28,584,625.

Of which Trump received 47% of those votes at 13,300,472.

There is no reason to believe that the whacky folks in the Republican Primaries, crazy enough to vote for the man will translate into victory in November given how vastly different the general election voter demographics are.

I thing it was maybe a month or a little more ago, trump was showing that he would win the electoral collage, with hillary winning the popular vote. Since then he has lost regained and lost again in those battlegrounds states. Given the current political climate, it is very possible trump could win the electoral collage but lose the popular vote, since he does better in battleground states than as a nationwide number.
Yep - it's a race to 270, *not* who's the most popular! :doh

But I'll stick with my above assessment of FL being the decisive state:

1) Trump cannot win w/o FL.
2) If Trump wins FL, it's pretty much assured he took OH & Penn.

3) Therefore, as FL goes so goes the Presidency.

I will stand by this! :thumbs:

Because Independents like liars, perjurers... defenders of sex offenders and rapist. I think the Indy's will vote either third party or not all this go around.

Yep - it's a race to 270, *not* who's the most popular! :doh

But I'll stick with my above assessment of FL being the decisive state:

1) Trump cannot win w/o FL.
2) If Trump wins FL, it's pretty much assured he took OH & Penn.

3) Therefore, as FL goes so goes the Presidency.

I will stand by this! :thumbs:

If Hillary wins Florida it will be a quick election if not we will have to recount the votes until she wins or a court finally puts a stop to it.

Back
Top Bottom