• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls release of BuzzFeed report 'a sad day for journalism'; Giuliani urges DOJ pursuit of lea

Jack Fabulous

Friend Zone
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Looks like the BuzzFeed story was total bunk. It was debunked by Mueller, himself...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...-botched-report-alleging-he-told-cohen-to-lie

Trump’s comments came after Mueller’s team detoured from its “no comment” media strategy and released a statement refuting the BuzzFeed story, which alleged that Trump instructed his former attorney, Michael Cohen, to lie to Congress about real estate deals in Russia.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” special counsel spokesman Peter Carr said in a statement Friday.

But while the language of the denial was tepid, Mueller’s rare statement suggested that none of the assertions in the BuzzFeed story are correct, the Washington Post reported.

Although there are already many threads about the Buzzfeed article, this seems to be a good place to discuss the idea that it is "bunk".

I don't think so. To say it is "bunk", to me, is to say it is wholly incorrect.

I was one of the first "NeverTrumpers" (a membership I proudly claim) on DP to urge caution over the Buzzfeed article.

That said, it is too quick to call it "bunk" based on the statement from Mueller's team. It seems they did take issue with a statement about them, and the only thing you can find for that is indeed in the main claim: that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress.

Now, that is big if that is untrue. It is the whole premise of the new calls to start impeachment proceedings.

However, if he were told to lie by someone in Trump's orbit, that is still a big deal. Not a big deal for Trump, but someone else. So big if true.

Buzzfeed did screw up here. Until proven otherwise, I'm trusting them now just a little more than The Conservative Treehouse or Gateway Pundit or anything by streiff over at Red State. When you start implicating the president in a crime, you better have the goods.

No goods here. Fail, but still not necessarily "bunk".

Even Mueller’s team is saying parts are inaccurate, BuzzFeed screwed this all up.

BF may be 100% wrong.

Two liars like Trump and Rudy have no room to talk.

The statement from the Mueller investigation simply said the article was "NOT ACCURATE".

What part of the story - a small part, a large part, or all of it, was not specified so there is no way of saying anything specific beyond what the Mueller statement told us.

Another fake news victim. Anything to take down President Trump eh?

The statement from the Mueller investigation simply said the article was "NOT ACCURATE".

What part of the story - a small part, a large part, or all of it, was not specified so there is no way of saying anything specific beyond what the Mueller statement told us.

You can cling to that small sliver of hope if it sooths you.

Another fake news victim. Anything to take down President Trump eh?

Until we get the Mueller report and can compare it to the BuzzFeed story, it is premature to make judgments as to the extent of the inaccuracy of the story.

You can cling to that small sliver of hope if it sooths you.

All I did was report the facts of the story. No hope was implied or suggested or even hinted at.

Although there are already many threads about the Buzzfeed article, this seems to be a good place to discuss the idea that it is "bunk".

I don't think so. To say it is "bunk", to me, is to say it is wholly incorrect.

I was one of the first "NeverTrumpers" (a membership I proudly claim) on DP to urge caution over the Buzzfeed article.

That said, it is too quick to call it "bunk" based on the statement from Mueller's team. It seems they did take issue with a statement about them, and the only thing you can find for that is indeed in the main claim: that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress.

Now, that is big if that is untrue. It is the whole premise of the new calls to start impeachment proceedings.

However, if he were told to lie by someone in Trump's orbit, that is still a big deal. Not a big deal for Trump, but someone else. So big if true.

Buzzfeed did screw up here. Until proven otherwise, I'm trusting them now just a little more than The Conservative Treehouse or Gateway Pundit or anything by streiff over at Red State. When you start implicating the president in a crime, you better have the goods.

No goods here. Fail, but still not necessarily "bunk".
Waiter there is a fly in my soup but it still tastes great! The article is bunk until Buzzfeed can offer PROOF to back up their claims. No PROOF then the article is total bunk. The Never Trump crowd needs to stop clinging to this turd in hopes it may turn into gold.

Waiter there is a fly in my soup but it still tastes great! The article is bunk until Buzzfeed can offer PROOF to back up their claims. No PROOF then the article is total bunk. The Never Trump crowd needs to stop clinging to this turd in hopes it may turn into gold.

Eh, OK if you say so. Other than discussing it, I've pretty much filed it away as a failed article. It may turn out (mostly) true some day or disastrously false. We won't know until Mueller makes his report at least.

But I can certainly envision someone else in Trump's orbit telling Cohen to lie. Don Jr. comes immediately to mind.

Did Trump laud Mueller for releasing the statement, nope.

Eh, OK if you say so. Other than discussing it, I've pretty much filed it away as a failed article. It may turn out (mostly) true some day or disastrously false. We won't know until Mueller makes his report at least.

But I can certainly envision someone else in Trump's orbit telling Cohen to lie. Don Jr. comes immediately to mind.
I hope you filed it in the circular file.:lol:

We know you're upset you were so close to getting Trump only to see, yet again, it all go up in smoke. So if you want to pretend there's still something there, we understand.

It's hard to let go of dreams. Even for some grownups.

Did Trump laud Mueller for releasing the statement, nope.

That's odd I guess that was a Trump impersonator I just saw on TV thanking Mueller for releasing the statement debunking the Buzzfeed story. Maybe it was Alec Baldwin?

Until we get the Mueller report and can compare it to the BuzzFeed story, it is premature to make judgments as to the extent of the inaccuracy of the story.

Mueller's team said the story was full of sh** but just like little children, liberals need it spelled out for them line for line to believe it.

That's odd I guess that was a Trump impersonator I just saw on TV thanking Mueller for releasing the statement debunking the Buzzfeed story. Maybe it was Alec Baldwin?

Give them some latitude.

Their hope and dreams were just crushed.

We know you're upset you were so close to getting Trump only to see, yet again, it all go up in smoke. So if you want to pretend there's still something there, we understand.

Oh STOP! You don't want to crush their spirit. They might have to retreat to their "safe space."

Oh STOP! You don't want to crush their spirit. They might have to retreat to their "safe space."

Yes I agree. If we crush their spirits, we won't get to see this comedy routine anymore and my God it's entertaining.

Perhaps it's bad form and somewhat juvenile to gloat so much.

....but I'm going to do it anyways.

Just hold the **** on.

You guys are telling me that Buzzfeed did not successfully break the most damning story about a US president since Nixon?

fry_shocked_meme.gif

Your post makes no sense on any level as one news story does not impact the Mueller probe nor any investigation into Trump criminality.

Back
Top Bottom