• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls protesters who carried guns into the Michigan state capitol 'very good people' and says

Why are they carrying then? The threat of violence or intimidation is a form of violence in itself.

because they are scared pieces of chicken****

To be clear, they're only trying to look violent and tough; having a rifle is their idea of being a man. Pathetic, really.

5eac2453e3c3fb73644ccc22

As far as I know, they haven't been doing any actual shooting or engaging in violence.

They are all ******s... sitting there covering their faces like chicken ****s... hoping to intimidate with their guns and masks as if they are a CIA tactical team, or something out of a movie... little scared wannabe tough guys...

Funny how pointing out history is “race-baiting” to conservatives.

Avid proponents of the Second Amendment happily supporting the disarming of minorities under Jim Crow.

The NRA’s affiliates are constantly race baiting.....trying to compare BLM to supposed anti white death squads in South Africa, for instance.

Conservative? How does it feel to view everything through the myopic lens of tribalism? Not very Independent of you is it?

Since you want to bring up history when initially it wasn't referenced in this topic, it was some race baiting poster that said no one would support armed protesters if they were black. I posted statistics proving there are many black gun owners, and no one is trying disarm them.

Fact is, the NRA of the 70's is not the NRA of today, so it's idiotic to make the comparison.

To be clear, they're only trying to look violent and tough; having a rifle is their idea of being a man. Pathetic, really.

Over all my years, I can honestly say that none of the gun owners I've been around ever strutted around with with guns to either show off of make up for their lack of manhood. I absolutely agree that these bullies are weak and pathetic, they do need to be in a crowd of like-minded punks, or display their guns to feel like men. Well, surprise, surprise....they are a much of a man as the manchild in the white house....all pathetic losers and America's trash.

Take out some of the trash in November and vote Democratic!

When I was a kid in the Fifties and early Sixties, there was a wooded park three blocks from my house. We would dress up as cowboys or soldiers and play in those woods for hours with our toy guns. It was great fun.

It looks like these folks never quite matured beyond that stage.

They are just old bratty kids, like the manchild in the white house.

Conservative? How does it feel to view everything through the myopic lens of tribalism? Not very Independent of you is it?

Since you want to bring up history when initially it wasn't referenced in this topic, it was some race baiting poster that said no one would support armed protesters if they were black. I posted statistics proving there are many black gun owners, and no one is trying disarm them.

Fact is, the NRA of the 70's is not the NRA of today, so it's idiotic to make the comparison.

There are no liberals talking about how BLM is equivalent to imaginary South African death squads. It wasn’t liberals who have spent the last twenty plus years babbling about “jack booted thugs”(which, of course, caused George HW Bush to resign as a member of the NRA). It isn’t liberals who constantly shriek about how every thing they don’t like is a “communist\muslim\deep state\ plot”.

Conservatives lose their **** about Black Panthers exercising their second amendment right, but support the militia movement thugs....who have killed a lot more people than the Panthers.

Fact is, the NRA has, if anything, only gotten more invested in race baiting and appealing to the fears of white rural conservatives.

then we are in agreement that reagan signed a gun control bill intended to deprive black Americans from bearing arms in public

If we are in agreement that Democratic officials passed a gun control bill intended to deprive black Americans from bearing arms in public, sure. Reagan was no friend to 2A.

They are all ******s... sitting there covering their faces like chicken ****s... hoping to intimidate with their guns and masks as if they are a CIA tactical team, or something out of a movie... little scared wannabe tough guys...

So in demanding people wear masks they are demanding every are ******s and chick ****s, little scared wannabe tough guys?

Your point is your intense opposition to anyone wearing a mask, correct?

If we are in agreement that Democratic officials passed a gun control bill intended to deprive black Americans from bearing arms in public, sure. Reagan was no friend to 2A.

ronnie reagan offer up a memorable quote after signing that legislation into law:
"no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons"

:lamo Look at these fancy boys. Reminds me of the group shots I used to do with my buddies on Halloween...when I was 8. I mean, there's no wear on the gear, most of their shoes are shiny. Any real operators would look at them as an easy resupply option, if **** ever went down. Absolutely hilarious.
Three of them may actually be in violation of Michigan law. Carrying a firearm is not illegal, but "brandishing" and "flourishing" is. "Brandishing" is defined in Michigan law and Michigan law differentiates between "brandishing" and "aiming or pointing a weapon toward another" without malice, based on the intent behind these actions. By definition, individuals who brandish a firearm have the intent to instill fear in another, those who aim or point "without malice" commit a different offense (also a misdemeanor).

Once they take the rifle in their hand and place their fingers on the trigger guard, they are not just "carrying". A word for the unwise.

ronnie reagan offer up a memorable quote after signing that legislation into law:

Thankfully, after Reagan lost his marbles, we had his wife's tarot cards to run things.

They're holding a con there anyway and by God no liberal is gonna stop them.

Liberal politicians tend to not have enough backbone to seriously take on these unaccountable militias.

Three of them may actually be in violation of Michigan law. Carrying a firearm is not illegal, but "brandishing" and "flourishing" is. "Brandishing" is defined in Michigan law and Michigan law differentiates between "brandishing" and "aiming or pointing a weapon toward another" without malice, based on the intent behind these actions. By definition, individuals who brandish a firearm have the intent to instill fear in another, those who aim or point "without malice" commit a different offense (also a misdemeanor).

Once they take the rifle in their hand and place their fingers on the trigger guard, they are not just "carrying". A word for the unwise.

Eh? I haven't come across any vids or pics of them actually pointing a weapon at someone. I'd be surprised if merely having a finger on or near the trigger guard is enough, but each state's laws are different and I'm in no mood to find out.

Liberal politicians tend to not have enough backbone to seriously take on these unaccountable militias.

They don't have the authority to take them on.

No violence yet. Thing is, it's intended to intimidate and intimidation provokes violence. What's your first reaction to an attempt to intimidate you?

I don't get intimidated as easily as some people.

I'm not a tough guy, but fear is more often worse than the problem and always will be.

I don't get intimidated as easily as some people.

I'm not a tough guy, but fear is more often worse than the problem and always will be.

I'm not a tough guy either but that kind of intimidation, taking an aggressive posture like that, just elicits a response. I know a lot about reacting to fear. One of the things I know is the people who hope to frighten through intimidation think everyone responds like they do. They don't understand that lots of people get jazzed up by fear and always make the same choice between fight or flight.
That said, I don't say a law needs to be changed. I just say that if I saw those guys on the street I'd do the same scorn and ridicule I do here and one day someone else with less self-control will confront them physically. When that happens those jackasses will put their hands in the air and declare innocence. "They started it!"

What violent militia? Oh, you're just lying again. My bad.

Guns are tools of violence and, regardless of whether they used them, they were intended to demonstrate their ability to back up their whining with hot lead.

5eac2453e3c3fb73644ccc22

As far as I know, they haven't been doing any actual shooting or engaging in violence.

At least they are wearing face masks, even if they aren't 6 feet apart.

At least they are wearing face masks, even if they aren't 6 feet apart.

Right? That bit cracked me up.

"COVID restrictions?! BUT MAH LIBERTY! Hey...you guys all have masks, right?"

:doh

5eac2453e3c3fb73644ccc22

'Looks like they couldn't get laid at the 'chicken ranch' with a hundred dollar bill taped to their foreheads with a chicken under each arm. ;)

But he's right. Come to think about it, we never see black people doing this sort of thing. It's always "outraged" white people whining about their delusions of oppression, dressed as wannabe
Blackwater security guards or military special forces who are taking a time out from drinking beer and Snipe huntin'. This is probably because black people know how white people (and cops) would take it.

Remember the Black Panthers? Despite a nation full of white people militias, the Black Panthers were a source of anguish as high as even the White House. Armed black people are clear threats. Armed white people are "patriots" for liberty. Are there any black militias? If there are, do they come anywhere near the number of white militias, most of which apparently have an unwritten color code? Not that these white fools constitute a militia. But they do fancy themselves as "patriots" as they moronically mix their "struggle" to preserve their Second and First Amendment rights (in that order) into a smorgasbord of confusion that leaves not really knowing why they are even there other than they get to look "cool."

The new black panthers ive only seen in person once at the anti-klan rally i went to. Cool thing is the Klan didnt get a permit this year when they tried to return. 0 bloodshed mission accomplished :)

Last edited:
Eh? I haven't come across any vids or pics of them actually pointing a weapon at someone. I'd be surprised if merely having a finger on or near the trigger guard is enough, but each state's laws are different and I'm in no mood to find out.
Please note, my friend, there are distinctions between "brandishing" and pointing, as I noted. It is well established that openly carrying a pistol, in a holster (lawful), and placing one's hand on the firearm butt while it is in the holster as if to draw (unlawful) are different actions, with different consequences. Long rifles have different criteria. I'm not in favor of escalation, but if I were a trooper, I'd calmly instruct them to remove their hand from the vicinity of the firing mechanism or face immediate arrest.

I carry, lawfully. I'm in favor of that as a right. I'm not in support of public stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom