• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls his intel chiefs 'passive and naive'

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump chastised his own intelligence officials Wednesday morning for being soft on Iran a day after they contradicted numerous administration claims of foreign policy success.

On Tuesday, the nation's top intelligence official, who was appointed by Trump, told Senate lawmakers that the US intelligence community does not believe Iran is currently undertaking "key activities" needed to produce a nuclear bomb -- an assessment at odds with longtime administration claims that Iran is an immediate nuclear threat.
Trump, in a remarkable rebuke that was reminiscent of his past criticisms of law enforcement officials, said the intel chiefs were "extremely passive and naive" on the matter.
"The Intelligence people seem to be extremely passive and naive when it comes to the dangers of Iran. They are wrong!" Trump tweeted. "When I became President Iran was making trouble all over the Middle East, and beyond. Since ending the terrible Iran Nuclear Deal, they are MUCH different, but a source of potential danger and conflict. They are testing Rockets (last week) and more, and are coming very close to the edge. There economy is now crashing, which is the only thing holding them back. Be careful of Iran. Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!"
[/SIZE]

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/poli...reign-policy-iran-isis-north-korea/index.html

The Tangerine Toddler never ceases to amaze. As if somehow he has a modicum of experience? What a colossal imbecile.

Yeah, the guy who kisses Russian and NK ass and gets nothing in return, and caves for no wall, is the wise and experienced tough guy :roll:

The Fat Guy who knows more than all his Generals also knows more than all his intelligence assets in Langley !

Trump is just so wunnerful and such a stable genius.

/s

What's odd about this is the simple fact these are folks he appointed to inform him of situations based on the intelligence they're receiving. Now, I get that one can disagree with information provided, but you'd have to base it on more than just a "gut feeling" or claiming to know more about any given topic than the experts in their respective fields.

He has the best intelligence source: Fox & Friends!

What's odd about this is the simple fact these are folks he appointed to inform him of situations based on the intelligence they're receiving. Now, I get that one can disagree with information provided, but you'd have to base it on more than just a "gut feeling" or claiming to know more about any given topic than the experts in their respective fields.

Trump's ego is so big he truly does believe he knows more than the experts.

the orange fool said:
"There economy is now crashing, which is the only thing holding them back. Be careful of Iran. Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!"

Speaking of going back to school, check out this part, and let it sink in. The president of the United States can't even manage to properly use "their, there, and they're" correctly.

Trump's followers believe at least.

Though you could be right.
Perhaps Trump believes his own hype — he's his own mark.

Speaking of going back to school, check out this part, and let it sink in. The president of the United States can't even manage to properly use "their, there, and they're" correctly.

Don't all stable geniuses confuse those? :lamo

The Fat Guy who knows more than all his Generals also knows more than all his intelligence assets in Langley !

Trump is just so wunnerful and such a stable genius.

/s

You know, I really wish I was as cool as trump thinks he is.

They should collectively all resign as one and giveTrump the middle finger before the nation.

I think it stems more from his own assessment of his ability to read people, but yes, I do think he's over estimating that "gut feeling" in comparison to facts.

Trump has a meeting with the NK coming up. The intel community doesn't want tensions to be reduced around the globe. Not good for their business.

Do you think it's possible that the various intelligence agencies might have an agenda? And that job security and increased budgets might be part of that agenda?

They should collectively all resign as one and giveTrump the middle finger before the nation.

We've had so many resignations, he's bragging that many of his staff are now "Acting", instead of properly appointed and vetted. Not sure how much more we really want.
look at Mattis, he did it perfectly, told us exactly why Trump was a national security threat, and Republicans just laughed and gave Mattis the middle finger.

Strange times when so many supposed Americans are acting identically to internet trolls.

Do you think it's possible that the various intelligence agencies might have an agenda? And that job security and increased budgets might be part of that agenda?

Sure. But if as a president you're challenging that, then presenting the counter point in a more nuanced way than calling your intelligence chiefs "passive and naive" is in order. Also, what information is the president using to make these counter points?

We've had so many resignations, he's bragging that many of his staff are now "Acting", instead of properly appointed and vetted. Not sure how much more we really want.
look at Mattis, he did it perfectly, told us exactly why Trump was a national security threat, and Republicans just laughed and gave Mattis the middle finger.

Strange times when so many supposed Americans are acting identically to internet trolls.

Remember when it was Republicans who were the national security party? My oh my but how things have shifted totally opposite with Trump and a Republican party who enables and excuses his treason. .

Am I the only poster that feels totally safe now that a New York City Real Estate con man is setting our intel community straight regarding how to do their jobs?

Sure. But if as a president you're challenging that, then presenting the counter point in a more nuanced way than calling your intelligence chiefs "passive and naive" is in order. Also, what information is the president using to make these counter points?

These days it doesn't matter what POTUS is using to make counter points.

Trump has a meeting with the NK coming up. The intel community doesn't want tensions to be reduced around the globe. Not good for their business.

Before we start clinging to conspiracy theories, should we rule out the more obvious and simpler explanations?

One of the obvious and simpler explanations we must be able to rule out before we should start clinging to conspiracy theories is that subject matter experts know more about their areas of expertise than a reality TV star does.

It's sounds pretty likely to be true on its face. [ymmv]

So, let's start with the list of evidence we have that a reality TV star knows more about national security intelligence assessments and analysis than these USIC chiefs.

1. You guys go first, cause I got nothing for the list.

These days it doesn't matter what POTUS is using to make counter points.
Inorite?
His followers will buy anything (so far) no matter how shabby.

"My gut rumbled when I saw Kim Jong-Un on TV. He's great at not fibbing. He totally wants to be friends and disarm."
~Trump

"God wanted Trump to be president, so that must be right."
~Trump followers

Last edited:

The reason they won't do that is because they are patriots, and their current job is to protect us from our idiot of a president.

The reason they won't do that is because they are patriots, and their current job is to protect us from our idiot of a president.

While I understand that motivation - it can only go so far. Perhaps that attitude is enabling Trump to simply continue his ways rather than to force the issue and bring a real debate to the front?

I think it stems more from his own assessment of his ability to read people, but yes, I do think he's over estimating that "gut feeling" in comparison to facts.

Trump's assessment of himself is that he's perfect, he's always right, he never makes mistakes, he's a genius, and he doesn't need anyone's advice on anything. Except maybe Putin's.

Back
Top Bottom