• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls his intel chiefs 'passive and naive'

It's not about KNOWING more, it's about correctly interpreting the information. Trump may be far better at that then the intel people are. There are many times in history our presidents have gone against what the intel community told them. For instance, the intel community assured Bush that there were WMD in Iraq.

Oh please! There is very little rattling around that pea brain of his other than thoughts about himself.

That's a terrifically incredible intelligence source. A lot of people are saying that, believe me.

Don’t forget Jeannine Pirro. She’s a literal fountain of truth for Trump. Watch her show if you haven’t. Big on emotion, but small on rationality.

Obamafail—that’s very catchy. Now I would like to hear your rant about Trumpfail, since that’s the issue now facing us all.

It's not catchy it's truthful.

As for Trump all I see is success.

He did what coward Obama would not do and that was to follow through with his RED LINE. Trump had to take care of that for Obamafail

Trump brought home the remains of our great military men and woman from NK, which no president before him could do.

Trump approved Keystone that Obamafail killed. Trump knows that moving oil through a pipeline is cheaper and safer. Obamafail believed moving oil by train and truck was cheaper and safer. What an idiot.

Obamafail cuts a deal with Iran to delay the making of nukes for 10 yrs. All that did was kick the can down the road, a coward's way. And the agreement does not have inspections anywhere anytime. Not only that, no one can inspect any of Iran’s military bases. How stupid was that? Trump comes along and sees that is the most stupid move a person could make and he killed the deal and put back serious sanctions on Iran.

Putin told Obamafail to NOT sell arms to Ukraine and he said yes sir. How stupid was that. Trump comes along and provides arms to Ukraine.

Obamafail was in office and what did he do to shut down NK’s nuclear program. Absolutely nothing. Obamafail was a stupid coward. Trump comes along and is doing the very best to bring Rocket Man under control, he has done more with NK than any president before him. And I hope his is fully successful in ending NK nuke program. I suspect you would like Trump to fail.

Obamafail pulls out of Iraq and leaves ISIS to materialize and when they do he calls them the JV Team. However that JV Team was not JV at all, making Obamafail to go back into Iraq to try to eradicate ISIS by tying the hands of our military. Thus he could not eradicate ISIS. How stupid was that? Trump comes along and takes away any restrictions from our generals and ISIS is destroyed, except for a small band in Syria.

Obamafail, did what to get NATO to get them to pay their fair share which is 2% of their GDP, but none of them were paying up except the US paying our share and subsidizing them. Trump comes along and tells NATO to PAY UP and they are now pumping in more billions than ever before making NATO more powerful than ever before.

What did Obamafail do against China for stealing our intellectual capital? And China ripping us off on trade. He did not a ****ing thing, what a stupid coward he was? Trump comes along and takes on China stealing our intellectual capital and taking total advantage of us on trade. Obamafail did absolutely nothing comparing Trump who is doing everything he can to protect our intellectual capital and even out the trade practices.

Obamafill did nothing with NAFTA, Trump comes along and kills NAFTA and negotiates a new NAFTA agreement that is fairer to all, Canada, Mexico and the US.

The above is just a small example of Trump's successes. I didn't even get into our strong economy, lowest employment rate, a higher participation rate, producing more oil than ever before making us independent. On and on it gos.

Let me make a point, all you see on this board is the liberals bitching about Trump's tweets, what he said, how he said it etc etc etc. I'm not supportive of what he says sometimes, but I sure support his policies.

Of late Pelosi says walls don't work and they are immoral. You have to brain dead to believe that. If what she says is true, then she would pass legislation to take down all those immoral walls on our southern border. So where is the legislation?

It's not catchy it's truthful.

As for Trump all I see is success.

He did what coward Obama would not do and that was to follow through with his RED LINE. Trump had to take care of that for Obamafail

Trump brought home the remains of our great military men and woman from NK, which no president before him could do.

Trump approved Keystone that Obamafail killed. Trump knows that moving oil through a pipeline is cheaper and safer. Obamafail believed moving oil by train and truck was cheaper and safer. What an idiot.

Obamafail cuts a deal with Iran to delay the making of nukes for 10 yrs. All that did was kick the can down the road, a coward's way. And the agreement does not have inspections anywhere anytime. Not only that, no one can inspect any of Iran’s military bases. How stupid was that? Trump comes along and sees that is the most stupid move a person could make and he killed the deal and put back serious sanctions on Iran.

Putin told Obamafail to NOT sell arms to Ukraine and he said yes sir. How stupid was that. Trump comes along and provides arms to Ukraine.

Obamafail was in office and what did he do to shut down NK’s nuclear program. Absolutely nothing. Obamafail was a stupid coward. Trump comes along and is doing the very best to bring Rocket Man under control, he has done more with NK than any president before him. And I hope his is fully successful in ending NK nuke program. I suspect you would like Trump to fail.

Obamafail pulls out of Iraq and leaves ISIS to materialize and when they do he calls them the JV Team. However that JV Team was not JV at all, making Obamafail to go back into Iraq to try to eradicate ISIS by tying the hands of our military. Thus he could not eradicate ISIS. How stupid was that? Trump comes along and takes away any restrictions from our generals and ISIS is destroyed, except for a small band in Syria.

Obamafail, did what to get NATO to get them to pay their fair share which is 2% of their GDP, but none of them were paying up except the US paying our share and subsidizing them. Trump comes along and tells NATO to PAY UP and they are now pumping in more billions than ever before making NATO more powerful than ever before.

What did Obamafail do against China for stealing our intellectual capital? And China ripping us off on trade. He did not a ****ing thing, what a stupid coward he was? Trump comes along and takes on China stealing our intellectual capital and taking total advantage of us on trade. Obamafail did absolutely nothing comparing Trump who is doing everything he can to protect our intellectual capital and even out the trade practices.

Obamafill did nothing with NAFTA, Trump comes along and kills NAFTA and negotiates a new NAFTA agreement that is fairer to all, Canada, Mexico and the US.

The above is just a small example of Trump's successes. I didn't even get into our strong economy, lowest employment rate, a higher participation rate, producing more oil than ever before making us independent. On and on it gos.

Let me make a point, all you see on this board is the liberals bitching about Trump's tweets, what he said, how he said it etc etc etc. I'm not supportive of what he says sometimes, but I sure support his policies.

Of late Pelosi says walls don't work and they are immoral. You have to brain dead to believe that. If what she says is true, then she would pass legislation to take down all those immoral walls on our southern border. So where is the legislation?

....tl;dr

You’re not wrong. Team Bush rammed their WMD theory down the throats of the intelligence community. They learned from that.

That's a hell of a statement, you need to prove it. Otherwise your comment is baseless and useless

While I understand that motivation - it can only go so far. Perhaps that attitude is enabling Trump to simply continue his ways rather than to force the issue and bring a real debate to the front?

Trump does not debate. He has a severe listening disability. He's never wrong. It does not matter how much expertise these people bring to the table, he's right and they are wrong.

If they all resigned, who would take over those positions? Very likely more toadies who won't dare to question or correct the Idiot in Chief. Think of how much damage such people would do to our already damaged foreign policy.

Impossible for the intel people to have their own agenda? Now look who's being naive. How quaint.

Of course they do. Their agenda is to keep Trump from doing any more damage to our already Trump-weakened foreign policies.

What do YOU think their agenda is? Details, please, including background on these individuals that would lead you to think they have some nefarious purpose. And try to formulate your reply without the insulting little snarky bits about the naivete of others.

Trump does not debate. He has a severe listening disability. He's never wrong. It does not matter how much expertise these people bring to the table, he's right and they are wrong.

If they all resigned, who would take over those positions? Very likely more toadies who won't dare to question or correct the Idiot in Chief. Think of how much damage such people would do to our already damaged foreign policy.

Trump has reached the point where somebody needs to pick him up by the throat, slam him high and hard up against a brick wall, get in his face Marine DI style and read him the riot act. I would hope mass resignations would be that very thing.

I'm with you there.

That's why I said "about national security intelligence assessments and analysis"
You know, the things you do with the information you have.

The information has to be assessed, evaluated, analyzed, and things like that.
That'd be the thing we'd have to show before we start clinging to conspiracy theories.

We'd need to be able to show that a reality TV star knows more about national security intelligence assessments and analysis than these USIC chiefs.
That's where we need to start before we start clinging to CTs.
imho anyway
ymmv

Bush went against the USIC and said that there were not WMD in Iraq?
That ain't how I remember it.

I do remember Team Bush clamoring up and down about how we had to act right away or risk a "mushroom cloud over a major American city" when in fact the 2002 NIE said that Hussein was unlikely to attack the US in the foreseeable future. [And the USIC said Hussein didn't have a nuke.]
I do remember Team Bush trying over and over again to make the case the aQ and Iraq were in cahoots despite the fact that the USIC saying they had no reason to believe anything of the sort.

But I don't remember Bush et al "going against" the USIC on the matter of WMD in Hussein's Iraq.
Don't recall that at all.

:shrug:

To begin with, numerous foreign intelligence agencies also believed that Saddam Hussein had an active WMD program. The "intelligence agencies of Germany, Israel, Russia, Britain, China and France" all believed Saddam had WMDs. CIA Director George Tenet also rather famously said that it was a “slam dunk” that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Incidentally, it’s hard to fault the CIA for their conclusions when even, “In private conversations that were intercepted by U.S. intelligence, Iraqi officials spoke as if Saddam continued to possess WMD. Even Iraqi generals believed he did. In the fall of 2002, the Iraqi military conducted exercises in chemical protective gear – but not because they thought the U.S.-led coalition was going to use chemical weapons.”

Additionally, many prominent Democrats who had access to the same intelligence that George Bush did came to the same conclusion and said so publicly. If George W. Bush lied, then by default you have to also believe that Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, John Edwards, Robert Byrd, Tom Daschle, Nancy Pelosi and Bernie Sanders also lied.

https://townhall.com/columnists/joh...-claims-bush-lied-about-wmds-in-iraq-n2122278

Oh goodie. Are we going to hear about how he falls even deeper in love with the man who killed an undetermined amount of his own countrymen, and a few Americans along the way?

Better to talk with NK than exchange nuclear missiles.

Oh please! There is very little rattling around that pea brain of his other than thoughts about himself.

Then he fits in quite nicely with Washington politicians.

Of course they do. Their agenda is to keep Trump from doing any more damage to our already Trump-weakened foreign policies.

What do YOU think their agenda is? Details, please, including background on these individuals that would lead you to think they have some nefarious purpose. And try to formulate your reply without the insulting little snarky bits about the naivete of others.

I think their agenda is Hawkish. Why else do we have almost 200 bases in foreign countries? Why else would we intervene in Venezuela? Have you learned nothing from Vietnam? How many foreign elections have we meddled with? Something north of 150.... including $500 million to get Boris Yeltsin elected. Ask the Iranians what they think of US intel. They took hostages to keep us from intervening yet again, AFTER we threw out their democratically elected leader and replaced him with our puppet, the Shah. Just ask around the world. Crap, just ask ANY South American country. Trump is justified in being skeptical of the US intel community. ALL of us should be.

read above post.

We've had so many resignations, he's bragging that many of his staff are now "Acting", instead of properly appointed and vetted. Not sure how much more we really want.
look at Mattis, he did it perfectly, told us exactly why Trump was a national security threat, and Republicans just laughed and gave Mattis the middle finger.

Strange times when so many supposed Americans are acting identically to internet trolls.

Yep. They're "acting" like they're Americans and not wannabe Russian oligarchs

Trump has reached the point where somebody needs to pick him up by the throat, slam him high and hard up against a brick wall, get in his face Marine DI style and read him the riot act. I would hope mass resignations would be that very thing.

Sorry, but IMO that's a vain hope. He would just go into full "I'm a victim" mode and take his followers there with him. There have already been dozens of resignations, and he does not change.

I think their agenda is Hawkish. Why else do we have almost 200 bases in foreign countries? Why else would we intervene in Venezuela? Have you learned nothing from Vietnam? How many foreign elections have we meddled with? Something north of 150.... including $500 million to get Boris Yeltsin elected. Ask the Iranians what they think of US intel. They took hostages to keep us from intervening yet again, AFTER we threw out their democratically elected leader and replaced him with our puppet, the Shah. Just ask around the world. Crap, just ask ANY South American country. Trump is justified in being skeptical of the US intel community. ALL of us should be.

We had those bases long before these people were in high positions.

Putin wants a toehold on this continent, that's "why Venezuela." That, and their large oil deposits.

Keep the personal insults like "have you learned nothing" out of it, please. My reply to you was civil, I expect the same.

Yes, we've interfered all over the world, but there is nothing any of these people have said that would lead me to think they have any such agenda. What is your reasoning on surmising that they do?

Do you think it's possible that the various intelligence agencies might have an agenda? And that job security and increased budgets might be part of that agenda?

What is Trump going give up this time while his "lover" Kim is quietly stepping up his missile program and enriching more uranium? Perhaps an American withdrawal from S. Korea? He already got China's sanctions lifted last time so the Russians don't have keep buying Kim's coal and reselling it and we already gave up our readiness exercises in Korea so what else is left to give but total withdrawal? Kim will really love him long time for that.

Back
Top Bottom