• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls his intel chiefs 'passive and naive'

Do you think it's possible that the various intelligence agencies might have an agenda? And that job security and increased budgets might be part of that agenda?

Please adjust your tin foil hat.

Their only agenda at that congressional hearing was to give their assessment to congress about the biggest global threats we currently face as a nation. The only nefarious, or ridiculous, motive was Trump's insistence that he knows more than they do.

Am I the only poster that feels totally safe now that a New York City Real Estate con man is setting our intel community straight regarding how to do their jobs?

:2rofll:

Please adjust your tin foil hat.

Their only agenda at that congressional hearing was to give their assessment to congress about the biggest global threats we currently face as a nation. The only nefarious, or ridiculous, motive was Trump's insistence that he knows more than they do.

Impossible for the intel people to have their own agenda? Now look who's being naive. How quaint.

Impossible for the intel people to have their own agenda? Now look who's being naive. How quaint.
It's not impossible for things to fall to earth as the result of (otherwise) undetectable spirits who pull things to the ground.

But we should rule out the simpler more elegant Theory of Gravity before we go to more complex theories.

Many things are "not impossible".
But that doesn't mean it's reasonable to consider them all.

We should probably rule out simpler explanations before we cling to conspiracy theories about these USIC chiefs.
The simpler explanation is that the subject matter experts know more about their area of expertise than a reality TV star does.

We need to compile the evidence which rules out this seemingly obvious possibility before we go propagating entities by creating conspiracy theories.
imho
ymmv

He has the best intelligence source: Fox & Friends!

That's a terrifically incredible intelligence source. A lot of people are saying that, believe me.

It's not impossible for things to fall to earth as the result of (otherwise) undetectable spirits who pull things to the ground.

But we should rule out the simpler more elegant Theory of Gravity before we go to more complex theories.

Many things are "not impossible".
But that doesn't mean it's reasonable to consider them all.

We should probably rule out simpler explanations before we cling to conspiracy theories about these USIC chiefs.
The simpler explanation is that the subject matter experts know more about their area of expertise than a reality TV star does.

We need to compile the evidence which rules out this seemingly obvious possibility before we go propagating entities by creating conspiracy theories.
imho
ymmv

Given the history of the intel community, no theories should go unexplored.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/poli...reign-policy-iran-isis-north-korea/index.html

The Tangerine Toddler never ceases to amaze. As if somehow he has a modicum of experience? What a colossal imbecile.

James Clapper was Obama's chief, oh and that other idiot Brennan. Those two clowns headed the Obama admins intelligence agencies.. Not unexpected that the left-overs would be equally as challenged as those two were? Even Trump's appointed chief is showing his stripes. I actually think it's refreshing to have the CnC call out his own people. It's what great executives do on a daily basis!

Tim-

Given the history of the intel community, no theories should go unexplored.
Great!

To start exploring this theory, let's start with the list of evidence we have that a reality TV star knows more about national security intelligence assessments and analysis than these USIC chiefs.

What is the first item on the list?

Speaking of going back to school, check out this part, and let it sink in. The president of the United States can't even manage to properly use "their, there, and they're" correctly.

Yes, it must be that impeccable education he received at Wharton.

James Clapper was Obama's chief, oh and that other idiot Brennan. Those two clowns headed the Obama admins intelligence agencies.. Not unexpected that the left-overs would be equally as challenged as those two were? Even Trump's appointed chief is showing his stripes. I actually think it's refreshing to have the CnC call out his own people. It's what great executives do on a daily basis!

Tim-

Yes, refreshing. Hitler thought he was smarter than his advisers, too.

Trump’s brilliance shines for all of us to see.

Yes, it must be that impeccable education he received at Wharton.

And this is the education Obama received at Harvard

Obamafail’s Stupidly,
Putin told Obamafail to stay out of Crimea and he said yes sir. How stupid was that???
Putin told Obamafail to NOT sell arms to Ukrainian and he said yes sir. How stupid was that.
Putin told Obamafail to NOT put our missile defense shield in NATO, he again says yes sir. How stupid was that.
Obamafail asked Putin of all people to certify that all of Syria’s WMD were taking out of Syria and Putin lied to Obamafail. How stupid was that?
Obamafail told Russia that once he is reelected he can be more flexible to what Putin wants. How stupid was that. Obamafail loved Putin and did whatever Putin wanted. How stupid was that. Watch the video.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...ebe22615f3d65bfe65b0b38fafc50134&action=click
Obamafail was in office and what did he do to shut down NK’s nuclear program. Absolutely nothing. Obamafail was a stupid coward.
Obamafail flies in the middle of the night to Iran to deliver billions in cash so that Iran can fund their terrorists group without the money being traced. How stupid was that?
Obamafail cuts a deal with Iran to delay the making of nukes for 10 yrs and the agreement does not have inspections anywhere anytime. Not only that, no one can inspect any of Iran’s military bases. How stupid was that?
Obamafail pulls out of Iraq and leaves ISIS to materialize and when they do he calls them the JV Team. However that JV Team was not JV at all, making Obamafail to go back into Iraq to try to eradicate ISIS by tying the hands of our military. Thus he could not eradicate ISIS. How stupid was that?
Obamafail yells out his RED LINE to Syria to never use WMD’s on its people again, Yep Syria walked all over Obamafail’s RED LINE. Obamafail does nothing. What a ****ing dumbass coward.
Obamafail bombs the crap out of Lybia and walks away. And in doing so the resistance builds and raids our embassy killing four of our own. And Obamafail goes around calling it a protest of some stupid video. How stupid can this dumbass be?
Obamafail borrows and spends 10 trillion doubling our national and has the crown of borrowing more than all the president before him combinded. And what did we get, the worst economic recovery in US History. How stupid was that?
Obamafail gives Solyndra 400 million of tax payer money to make solar panels, the company goes broke. How stupid was that????
Obamafail bails out GM with taxpayer money that we lost 11.2 billion on the deal. How stupid was that.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/30/gm-bailout-cost_n_5240260.html
Obamafail campaigned on closing Clubgetmo and guess what it’s still in use. How stupid was that???
Obamafail’s signature so called achievement was Obamacare that he promised you can keep your Dr., you can keep your insurance, and you’ll save $2,500 per yr per family on your health insurance. Guess what Obamacare was a complete failure. How stupid was he????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo
Obamafail’s rollout of Obamacare was the worst in US History, and he had to continue to write executive orders to push out dates of different parts of Obamacare so that it would not crash under his term in office. Not one Republican voted for Obamafails signature failure. How stupid was he????
Obamafail locked up Utah’s land for a park but that got overturned by Trump. How stupid was that????
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/28/obama-claims-16m-western-acres-national-monuments/
Obamafail, did what to get NATO to get them to pay their fair share which is 2% of their GDP, but none of them were paying up except the US paying our share and subsidizing them.
Obamafail buys his allies, how stupid is that?????
Obamafail killed the Keystone pipeline, why? Because he thought the pipeline would be safer and less expensive, can’t have that so he killed it. How stupid was that???
What did Obamafail do against China for stealing our intellectual capital? And China ripping us off on trade. He did not a ****ing thing, what a stupid coward he was?
What did Obamafail do to kill NAFTA that was ripping off our country? And renegotiate NAFTA for a better deal. What a stupid coward he was?
Obamafail cuts a deal with Iran so they can have nukes in 10 yrs. and he has no inspections anytime anywhere. BTW Obamafail could not go on an Iran military bass. How stupid is that. Remember Reagan’s famous quote “trust but verify” Obamafail missed that speech.
I could go on and on but no use.
I would say Harvard didn’t teach him a ****ing thing.

Great!

To start exploring this theory, let's start with the list of evidence we have that a reality TV star knows more about national security intelligence assessments and analysis than these USIC chiefs.

What is the first item on the list?

It's not about KNOWING more, it's about correctly interpreting the information. Trump may be far better at that then the intel people are. There are many times in history our presidents have gone against what the intel community told them. For instance, the intel community assured Bush that there were WMD in Iraq.

It's not about KNOWING more, it's about correctly interpreting the information. Trump may be far better at that then the intel people are. There are many times in history our presidents have gone against what the intel community told them. For instance, the intel community assured Bush that there were WMD in Iraq.

Bush wasn’t president—Cheney was.

Trump isn’t any smarter than Bush. And Bush isn’t very smart.

And this is the education Obama received at Harvard

Obamafail’s Stupidly,
Putin told Obamafail to stay out of Crimea and he said yes sir. How stupid was that???
Putin told Obamafail to NOT sell arms to Ukrainian and he said yes sir. How stupid was that.
Putin told Obamafail to NOT put our missile defense shield in NATO, he again says yes sir. How stupid was that.
Obamafail asked Putin of all people to certify that all of Syria’s WMD were taking out of Syria and Putin lied to Obamafail. How stupid was that?
Obamafail told Russia that once he is reelected he can be more flexible to what Putin wants. How stupid was that. Obamafail loved Putin and did whatever Putin wanted. How stupid was that. Watch the video.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...ebe22615f3d65bfe65b0b38fafc50134&action=click
Obamafail was in office and what did he do to shut down NK’s nuclear program. Absolutely nothing. Obamafail was a stupid coward.
Obamafail flies in the middle of the night to Iran to deliver billions in cash so that Iran can fund their terrorists group without the money being traced. How stupid was that?
Obamafail cuts a deal with Iran to delay the making of nukes for 10 yrs and the agreement does not have inspections anywhere anytime. Not only that, no one can inspect any of Iran’s military bases. How stupid was that?
Obamafail pulls out of Iraq and leaves ISIS to materialize and when they do he calls them the JV Team. However that JV Team was not JV at all, making Obamafail to go back into Iraq to try to eradicate ISIS by tying the hands of our military. Thus he could not eradicate ISIS. How stupid was that?
Obamafail yells out his RED LINE to Syria to never use WMD’s on its people again, Yep Syria walked all over Obamafail’s RED LINE. Obamafail does nothing. What a ****ing dumbass coward.
Obamafail bombs the crap out of Lybia and walks away. And in doing so the resistance builds and raids our embassy killing four of our own. And Obamafail goes around calling it a protest of some stupid video. How stupid can this dumbass be?
Obamafail borrows and spends 10 trillion doubling our national and has the crown of borrowing more than all the president before him combinded. And what did we get, the worst economic recovery in US History. How stupid was that?
Obamafail gives Solyndra 400 million of tax payer money to make solar panels, the company goes broke. How stupid was that????
Obamafail bails out GM with taxpayer money that we lost 11.2 billion on the deal. How stupid was that.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/30/gm-bailout-cost_n_5240260.html
Obamafail campaigned on closing Clubgetmo and guess what it’s still in use. How stupid was that???
Obamafail’s signature so called achievement was Obamacare that he promised you can keep your Dr., you can keep your insurance, and you’ll save $2,500 per yr per family on your health insurance. Guess what Obamacare was a complete failure. How stupid was he????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo
Obamafail’s rollout of Obamacare was the worst in US History, and he had to continue to write executive orders to push out dates of different parts of Obamacare so that it would not crash under his term in office. Not one Republican voted for Obamafails signature failure. How stupid was he????
Obamafail locked up Utah’s land for a park but that got overturned by Trump. How stupid was that????
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/28/obama-claims-16m-western-acres-national-monuments/
Obamafail, did what to get NATO to get them to pay their fair share which is 2% of their GDP, but none of them were paying up except the US paying our share and subsidizing them.
Obamafail buys his allies, how stupid is that?????
Obamafail killed the Keystone pipeline, why? Because he thought the pipeline would be safer and less expensive, can’t have that so he killed it. How stupid was that???
What did Obamafail do against China for stealing our intellectual capital? And China ripping us off on trade. He did not a ****ing thing, what a stupid coward he was?
What did Obamafail do to kill NAFTA that was ripping off our country? And renegotiate NAFTA for a better deal. What a stupid coward he was?
Obamafail cuts a deal with Iran so they can have nukes in 10 yrs. and he has no inspections anytime anywhere. BTW Obamafail could not go on an Iran military bass. How stupid is that. Remember Reagan’s famous quote “trust but verify” Obamafail missed that speech.
I could go on and on but no use.
I would say Harvard didn’t teach him a ****ing thing.

Obamafail—that’s very catchy. Now I would like to hear your rant about Trumpfail, since that’s the issue now facing us all.

Yeah, the guy who kisses Russian and NK ass and gets nothing in return, and caves for no wall, is the wise and experienced tough guy :roll:

Oh stop. He got a new love interest in North Korea. Remember - they fell in love! So he got something out of it.

Obamafail—that’s very catchy. Now I would like to hear your rant about Trumpfail, since that’s the issue now facing us all.

He spams that wall of nonsense constantly. He has a picture of Obama under his pillow and pulls it out every hour during the night and kisses it. Poor fellow is obsessed with Obama.

And you are right—it is no use to go on with your diatribe. But thanks for expressing your view. I never said Obama was a great president. We are stuck with the bad (and good) decisions of past presidents. The concern we all have is with our current president (good things and bad things—mostly bad, unfortunately).

It's not about KNOWING more, it's about correctly interpreting the information. Trump may be far better at that then the intel people are.
I'm with you there.

That's why I said "about national security intelligence assessments and analysis"
You know, the things you do with the information you have.

The information has to be assessed, evaluated, analyzed, and things like that.
That'd be the thing we'd have to show before we start clinging to conspiracy theories.

We'd need to be able to show that a reality TV star knows more about national security intelligence assessments and analysis than these USIC chiefs.
That's where we need to start before we start clinging to CTs.
imho anyway
ymmv

There are many times in history our presidents have gone against what the intel community told them. For instance, the intel community assured Bush that there were WMD in Iraq.
Bush went against the USIC and said that there were not WMD in Iraq?
That ain't how I remember it.

I do remember Team Bush clamoring up and down about how we had to act right away or risk a "mushroom cloud over a major American city" when in fact the 2002 NIE said that Hussein was unlikely to attack the US in the foreseeable future. [And the USIC said Hussein didn't have a nuke.]
I do remember Team Bush trying over and over again to make the case the aQ and Iraq were in cahoots despite the fact that the USIC saying they had no reason to believe anything of the sort.

But I don't remember Bush et al "going against" the USIC on the matter of WMD in Hussein's Iraq.
Don't recall that at all.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Trump has a meeting with the NK coming up. The intel community doesn't want tensions to be reduced around the globe. Not good for their business.

Oh goodie. Are we going to hear about how he falls even deeper in love with the man who killed an undetermined amount of his own countrymen, and a few Americans along the way?

He spams that wall of nonsense constantly. He has a picture of Obama under his pillow and pulls it out every hour during the night and kisses it. Poor fellow is obsessed with Obama.

My mistake. I see your point, and thanks for letting me know.

I'm with you there.

That's why I said "about national security intelligence assessments and analysis"
You know, the things you do with the information you have.

The information has to be assessed, evaluated, analyzed, and things like that.
That'd be the thing we'd have to show before we start clinging to conspiracy theories.

We'd need to be able to show that a reality TV star knows more about national security intelligence assessments and analysis than these USIC chiefs.
That's where we need to start before we start clinging to CTs.
imho anyway
ymmv

Bush went against the USIC and said that there were not WMD in Iraq?
That ain't how I remember it.

I do remember Team Bush clamoring up and down about how we had to act right away or risk a "mushroom cloud over a major American city" when in fact the 2002 NIE said that Hussein was unlikely to attack the US in the foreseeable future. [And the USIC said Hussein didn't have a nuke.]
I do remember Team Bush trying over and over again to make the case the aQ and Iraq were in cahoots despite the fact that the USIC saying they had no reason to believe anything of the sort.

But I don't remember Bush et al "going against" the USIC on the matter of WMD in Hussein's Iraq.
Don't recall that at all.

:shrug:

You’re not wrong. Team Bush rammed their WMD theory down the throats of the intelligence community. They learned from that.

Back
Top Bottom