• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Calls Cohen A Rat

Why does my trump hate concern you more than the actions of two criminals???

I think contempt is a better word. Hate implies blindness, contempt has more reason behind it. Thats' my 2 cents ( 4 cents, due to inflation ).

Seeing as "rat" is a term for people who provide real incriminating evidence in criminal cases, this may have been the first time Trump told the truth (even if accidentally)

You can't be a liar and a rat and a great lawyer who will do what's right. This is literally all the things Trump said about Cohen.
In his situation I wouldn't have called Cohen a "rat" because that implies he was indeed in on everything but spilled the beans; weird.
Rat wasn’t a wise word for Trump to pick in this context because it implies Trump did what Cohen said he did.

If a friend tells the police I broke a particular law when I didn’t, that person is a liar. But if I actually DID break that law then the person is a rat.

A rat isn’t a rat because they are lying, they are a rat because they are snitching to law enforcement.
Seeing as "rat" is a term for people who provide real incriminating evidence in criminal cases, this may have been the first time Trump told the truth (even if accidentally)
Oh please; this is absolutely ridiculous...Labeling someone a "rat" is no more an indication that they're telling the truth than it is of them being Mary Poppins.

Sometimes; the only way to get the truth out of people such as Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Lois Lerner or Michael Cohen is waterboarding regardless of the sewer vermin they've been compared to!

Last edited:

Yeah, one man's rat is another man's civic minded individual ( or someone atoning for sins )

Oh please <snip>

OscarLevant's quote of me (immediately below yours) appears in my quote list, but yours doesn't. I only noticed your post because I went to see what he said to me. Now why is that?

Annnnyway,

Oh please; this is absolutely ridiculous...Labeling someone a "rat" is no more an indication that they're telling the truth than it is of them being Mary Poppins.

Sometimes; the only way to get the truth out of people such as Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Lois Lerner or Michael Cohen is waterboarding regardless of the sewer vermin they've been compared to!

Comey was so super-sneaky in helping Hillary by announcing that the FBI had re-opened its investigation into her emails days before the election.

:roll:

Throw that spastic rage at someone else. I've heard enough of that regurgitated swill to last a few lifetimes, and I've only got the one...

...and besides, I am comfortable in the knowledge that if Mueller does have evidence of criminal wrongdoing by Trump himself - rather than just about everyone else he surrounded himself with - a federal jury isn't going to be particularly amenable to your branding.

In his situation I wouldn't have called Cohen a "rat" because that implies he was indeed in on everything but spilled the beans; weird.

Yep.

Once again Trump proves his top advisors correct, and is an idiot, or a moron, take your pick of whose word to trust on the subject.

There is no evidence waterboarding is effective, and it is torture, i.e, against the law ( international law as well ) this is not America, this is anti-america when you speak of torture.

Regarding your sig:

noamnesty.jpg

First time crossers are guilty of only a class B MISDEMEANOR, (applying for asylum is neither a misdemeanor nor crime ) and historically, they were not treated as criminals.

But on the xenophobic, fear mongering minds of Trumpsters, they are. This is a new policy, and an evil one: it is one that springs from s cold and dark well. Imagine Jesus, Bhudda, Mahavir, Lao Tzu, or any of the spiritual leaders of the past, viewing what America has become, if this is what it has become, imagine. But, this is not who America is, the majority does not approve of this kind of treatment, nor do they want nor approve of Donald Trump.

It seems that what you stand for is cruelty, torture, authoritarianism, and assorted ANTI-AMERICAN anti-virtues.

Congratulations.

The common definition of a "rat" is someone who has exposed what was otherwise confidential information to the law or some other authority.

Back
Top Bottom