• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls April Ryan a 'loser,' threatens to revoke more press credentials

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I posted this thread in this particular forum because this goes right to the heart of a major problem on the horizon and that's Trump's misuse of power in controlling the freedom of the press, violation of the 2nd Amendment and abuse of power. This is stuff that banana republic dictators do. This is what happened in El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and nearly every other dictatorship around the world. This is not acceptable. April Ryan has been a White House correspondent for four presidencies, nearly 20 years in Washington, D.C., and bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks. Trump has created such contempt for April Ryan and Jim Acosta that they each had to hire private security guards and they are not private security paid for by the US government like Sarah Sanders.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/415900-trump-calls-april-ryan-a-loser-threatens-to-revoke-more-press

President Trump on Friday suggested he could pull press credentials from other reporters who don't show him "respect."

The comments come two days after the president suspended the press pass of CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta after a contentious exchange during a news conference.

"I think Jim Acosta is a very unprofessional man," Trump said.

Asked how long Acosta's credentials will be suspended, the president replied: "As far as I'm concerned, I haven't made that decision. But it could be others also"

Trump also went after April Ryan of American Urban Radio Networks as a "loser" who "doesn't know what the hell she is doing."

Trump also went after April Ryan of American Urban Radio Networks as a "loser" who "doesn't know what the hell she is doing."

At this point all Trump is doing is projecting his own inadequacies.

The left is absolutely outraged that President Trump does not have adversarial reporters wiretapped, their computers seized and imprisoned as President Obama did.

Every "reporter" who proactively makes themselves and their appearance at WH press conferences on behalf of the Democratic Party or their own personal views should be permanently banned.

President Trump can be called a fool for even allowing anyone from CNN and NBC/MSNBC from asking any questions because they are not questions. They are mini attack speeches for the Democrats.

I posted this thread in this particular forum because this goes right to the heart of a major problem on the horizon and that's Trump's misuse of power in controlling the freedom of the press, violation of the 2nd Amendment and abuse of power. This is stuff that banana republic dictators do. This is what happened in El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and nearly every other dictatorship around the world. This is not acceptable. April Ryan has been a White House correspondent for four presidencies, nearly 20 years in Washington, D.C., and bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks. Trump has created such contempt for April Ryan and Jim Acosta that they each had to hire private security guards and they are not private security paid for by the US government like Sarah Sanders.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/415900-trump-calls-april-ryan-a-loser-threatens-to-revoke-more-press

President Trump on Friday suggested he could pull press credentials from other reporters who don't show him "respect."

The comments come two days after the president suspended the press pass of CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta after a contentious exchange during a news conference.

Asked how long Acosta's credentials will be suspended, the president replied: "As far as I'm concerned, I haven't made that decision. But it could be others also"

John Adams and Abraham Lincoln jailed reporters so Trump by comparison, is tame.

Dems cheer when violent thugs attack Tucker Carlsons wife, they cry out in pain when reporters act like children in the whitehouse and arent asked back
Sound about right.

Liberals must have forgotten what they learned in their U.S History class. Throughout our long history the press has many times been used as a weapon against the American people.

Thats just stupid. This is not a 'misuse of power' or harming the freedom of the press, nor is it what happens 'in El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and nearly every other dictatorship around the world.' It couldnt be more obvious that you simply dont know WTF you are talking about.

So it begins...

Jim Acosta is a martyr that was trying to egg on a North Korean dictator during a historic summit. Now that's irresponsible!

John Adams and Abraham Lincoln jailed reporters so Trump by comparison, is tame.

These guys hear something stupid like this on CNN then run straight here to DP to post it as if it makes any sense or is their own original thought.

Dems cheer when violent thugs attack Tucker Carlsons wife, they cry out in pain when reporters act like children in the whitehouse and arent asked back
Sound about right.

Tucker Carlson was attracked?...Where, When...Carlson is a total asshole....But attacked?

So it begins...

:lamo Its become quite clear why liberals say ridiculous things on TV: because the unthinking sheep that make up the liberal base swallow whatever they say hook, line and sinker.

These guys hear something stupid like this on CNN then run straight here to DP to post it as if it makes any sense or is their own original thought.

trump should only have white people from Fox News from now on....reporting what they are told

Tucker Carlson was attracked?...Where, When...Carlson is a total asshole....But attacked?

Cant you read? He said Tucker Carlsons WIFE.

You shouldn't really conflate those two amazing presidents with Trump. Journalists have angered presidents from the earliest days of America’s founding. Abraham Lincoln did not imprison anyone who simply disagreed with him. He ordered the arrests of those he considered threats. A few of them were printing information in their papers that the Union wanted to be kept secret like troop movements. The lowest estimate is 14,000 arrests. However, some of the people arrested were kindly asked to move to Canada, and very few were kept the length of the war. Those still in prison at the end of the war were given a halfhearted apology and released. Over a quarter of those arrested were Confederates, either those guilty of insurrection, spying, or sabotage, or trying to rejoin the insurrection. Not all of the last group were guilty. Some certainly were simply trying to get back to their families. Another 40% were from the border states, either accused or suspected of insurrection or fomenting it. Again, many certainly were innocent. But it does tell us of Lincoln's reasoning, for which he was defiant.

As far as John Adams goes, during Jefferson’s campaign against John Adams, both men used the press to levy insults at each other. Jefferson-allied papers accused President Adams of being a hermaphrodite and a hypocrite, while Adams’ camp attacked Jefferson’s racial heritage, accusing him of being “the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father” as well as an atheist and libertine.

See, dirty politics isn't something Trump invented.

The Whiner in Chief has spoken

what a man child. its like part of his brain never matured beyond that HS locker talk

2h71d20.jpg

:lamo Its become quite clear why liberals say ridiculous things on TV: because the unthinking sheep that make up the liberal base swallow whatever they say hook, line and sinker.

Unlike you right? You who think the administration is nothing but rainbows and unicorns. MAGA!!!!!

Where?...When?...Attacked?.....Hadn't heard about it...I did hear another angry white man with easy access to guns shot college students...That was an attack

Thus proving TDS blinds lefties with so much rage that they cant read a half sentence without seeing something that isnt there.
Can a conservative out there besides me tell him why he just made himself look foolish?

The left is absolutely outraged that President Trump does not have adversarial reporters wiretapped, their computers seized and imprisoned as President Obama did.

Every "reporter" who proactively makes themselves and their appearance at WH press conferences on behalf of the Democratic Party or their own personal views should be permanently banned.

President Trump can be called a fool for even allowing anyone from CNN and NBC/MSNBC from asking any questions because they are not questions. They are mini attack speeches for the Democrats.

In all honesty, the President could have handled that situation better, but a lot of us don't handle it well when we are being aggressively and maliciously challenged and/or attacked. And yes, these incompetent and inappropriate reporters do use White House press conferences and briefings not to get information as they are intended, but to attack the President. Asking tough questions is fine. That is their job. But to pretend to ask questions that are not questions at all but hateful little speeches is so unprofessional, so contemptible, so wrong I don't blame the President or Sarah or anybody else from expressing anger and disgust. And no reporter engaging in that kind of activity should have White House press credentials.

In all honesty, the President could have handled that situation better, but a lot of us don't handle it well when we are being aggressively and maliciously challenged and/or attacked. And yes, these incompetent and inappropriate reporters do use White House press conferences and briefings not to get information as they are intended, but to attack the President. Asking tough questions is fine. That is their job. But to pretend to ask questions that are not questions at all but hateful little speeches is so unprofessional, so contemptible, so wrong I don't blame the President or Sarah or anybody else from expressing anger and disgust. And no reporter engaging in that kind of activity should have White House press credentials.

trump should only allow white people from Fox News into his press "conferences".....Everybody should clap and cheer him...like one of those stupid rallys

trump should only allow white people from Fox News into his press "conferences".....Everybody should clap and cheer him...like one of those stupid rallys

He should definitely continue to heap scorn and ridicule on posts like yours here.

Back
Top Bottom