• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls April Ryan a 'loser,' threatens to revoke more press credentials

Press pool credentials are a privilege, not a right. Not all journalists get them. With those credentials comes a responsibility. If they are constantly shouting out-of-turn, refuse to stop when asked to, and continue to shout over other reporters trying to ask questions, then they open themselves up to having their press pool credentials taken away.

That's so true!

It's interesting who gets the 49 seats and where they are placed in the room at the WH press briefings.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...use-press-room-has-changed-in-1-cool-graphic/

Well of course you don't know anything about that, you don't want to know anything about that.

Since it is you who claimed the above about five black women the president treated differently because of their race, the onus is on you to prove what you write.
Bring it...

Since it is you who claimed the above about five black women the president treated differently because of their race, the onus is on you to prove what you write.
Bring it...

I have already done that multiple times in previous comments, it's all online and very simple to google plus I've provided the actual video of him berating Abey Phillips. Sigh... but I'll post it again JUST FOR YOU. (special)

The question Abby Phillips asks comes at the end, at minute 21:06 so you'll have to advance it yourself to that minute or watch it all, doesn't matter.

Here question was: "do you want him (Whitaker) to rein in Robert Mueller?"

Abby-Phillip-photos.jpg

Two days ago at his miserable press conference, the same one that he bashed Jim Acosta and April Ryan, he also had this to say about Yamishe Alcindor.

On Wednesday, Ryan asked the president about voter suppression. “Sit down,” Trump scolded.
Here's his comment about April Ryan calling her a "loser" and "very nasty". Video minute 0:56

He's a nasty, vile, disgusting man that is embarrassing our country every time he opens his orange mouth. And oh yeah, add Michelle Obama to the list of black women he disparages.

I have already done that multiple times in previous comments, it's all online and very simple to google plus I've provided the actual video of him berating Abey Phillips. Sigh... but I'll post it again JUST FOR YOU. (special)

The question Abby Phillips asks comes at the end, at minute 21:06 so you'll have to advance it yourself to that minute or watch it all, doesn't matter.

View attachment 67244019

Two days ago at his miserable press conference, the same one that he bashed Jim Acosta and April Ryan, he also had this to say about Yamishe Alcindor.

On Wednesday, Ryan asked the president about voter suppression. “Sit down,” Trump scolded.
Here's his comment about April Ryan calling her a "loser" and "very nasty". Video minute 0:56

He's a nasty, vile, disgusting man that is embarrassing our country every time he opens his orange mouth.

You didn't prove your claim as asked by me in post 77.

Again I think he could have handled all that better, but she could have been less combative and more diplomatic in how she asked the question. And she did interrupt another reporter. And he was already irritated and angry at the bad behavior of others.

The protocol is that reporters are called on to ask their questions. They may or may not be given a chance for a follow up. They are not allowed to hog the microphone and make it a full blown interrogation or attack forum as Acosta did.

The press secretary or the President or whoever is running the briefing or press conference must have control of the process or it will be total chaos and a mess. They did not treat President Obama or President Bush so rudely or combatively but neither gave a lot of access to reporters either. President Trump gives the media more access than any President in my memory, but many of them have handled that entirely unprofessionally and in my opinion should not have press passes.

April did all of that? Or did Acosta?
I don't care about Acosta I am asking about April Ryan not Acosta.
Just to be clear I don't give a flying **** whose press pass he wants to revoke personally I believe he and Sarah should only be asked questions by right leaning reporters that way I won't have to see or hear them.
But this thread is about April Ryan not Jim Acosta and no one can tell me what she did to be treated like child then called a loser the next day.

I saw the president point it looked like to her (maybe it wasn't). She got up to ask a question and he told her to sit down.

The only problems I remember is when Spicey got mad cause she shook her head during a briefing.
With the president he asked her a reporter to set up a meeting with the congressional black caucus and she declined, well because he has a full staff to do that stuff.

View attachment 67244019

He's a nasty, vile, disgusting man that is embarrassing our country every time he opens his orange mouth. And oh yeah, add Michelle Obama to the list of black women he disparages.

It seems to me that your belief that black women should not be questioned or confronted or attacked because of their skin color is what is racist

I posted this thread in this particular forum because this goes right to the heart of a major problem on the horizon and that's Trump's misuse of power in controlling the freedom of the press, violation of the 2nd Amendment and abuse of power. This is stuff that banana republic dictators do. This is what happened in El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and nearly every other dictatorship around the world. This is not acceptable. April Ryan has been a White House correspondent for four presidencies, nearly 20 years in Washington, D.C., and bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks. Trump has created such contempt for April Ryan and Jim Acosta that they each had to hire private security guards and they are not private security paid for by the US government like Sarah Sanders.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/415900-trump-calls-april-ryan-a-loser-threatens-to-revoke-more-press

Trump calls April Ryan a 'loser,' threatens to revoke more press credentials

President Trump on Friday suggested he could pull press credentials from other reporters who don't show him "respect."

The comments come two days after the president suspended the press pass of CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta after a contentious exchange during a news conference.

"I think Jim Acosta is a very unprofessional man," Trump said.

Asked how long Acosta's credentials will be suspended, the president replied: "As far as I'm concerned, I haven't made that decision. But it could be others also"

Trump also went after April Ryan of American Urban Radio Networks as a "loser" who "doesn't know what the hell she is doing."

Wow so trump is still having a triggered unhinged meltdown days later over his thin skin LMAO.... he must be really upset you dems taking the house.
Quite a few media, news, political, entertainment people have stated they think the loss of the house is really gonna fire Trump up and if we think he has been lacked total composure before that he is REALLY going to start breaking down. Man, I hope not, thats never god for a president

trump should only allow white people from Fox News into his press "conferences"

That was not what AlbqOwl meant at all. You are mis-representing what she said.

That was not what AlbqOwl meant at all. You are mis-representing what she said.

Hardly....Angry White trump supporters only want to get News from Angry White Reporters...Like they have on Fox...Now you know

Hardly....Angry White trump supporters only want to get News from Angry White Reporters...Like they have on Fox...Now you know

Or maybe the reason they only watch Fox is because all the other media outlets out there have significant liberal bias and they simply don't trust them. I don' blame them for this, I am a minority myself and I do not trust any of the MSN. I also don't watch any of their programming. They slant their news and try to pass off opinions and commentaries as news/facts, among other things.

Or maybe the reason they only watch Fox is because all the other media outlets out there have significant liberal bias and they simply don't trust them. I don' blame them for this, I am a minority myself and I do not trust any of the MSN. I also don't watch any of their programming. They slant their news and try to pass off opinions and commentaries as news/facts, among other things.

Stay with Fox then....Breath in the propaganda they put out

Stay with Fox then....Breath in the propaganda they put out

Funny you should say "propaganda". I think that if anything, the MSM is where most propaganda comes from.

Funny to see the trump lovers say they "think"...LOL

You should not insinuate that I can't think. This is an act of incivility.

Also, I am not a "Trump-lover" as you might be thinking. I am not an American. But I do think Trump has done some good things for the country.

What did April Ryan say or do?
Him and Acosta have had a problem for a while now.
I'm still trying to figure out what Ryan did...she was standing he told her to sit down...right?
What was/has been offensive in her behavior?
If you can't answer the question without bringing in Acosta or someone else please don't bother. I am specifically asking about April Ryan.

He pointed to her to ask him a question, she stood. Then he said 'no, not you' as she was in the middle of asking her question. Then he got angry at her, ordered her to stop and sit down.

But here's the thing. All those hostile moments back and forth with the press wasn't really about their questions at all, it was all about how he approached that press conference. He had been flying all over the place the previous week doing rallies for some, but really rallies for himself. "A vote for (insert name here) is really a vote fore me!" He said that at every rally to get his base to the polls to vote. By the last rally on Sunday, he was nearly frantic. He knew very well the predictions for Tuesday's elections were going to swing the House and he knew that would spell big troubles for him personally. He doesn't care about anyone else and their election or not, he cares about being vulnerable to scrutiny under a Democratic controlled house. He's smart enough to know that his family would be in jeopardy if they took the House.

By the time it came to do that press conference he was sullen, exhausted, and feeling defeated politically. That's where all the hostility and anger coming from him originated.

He pointed to her to ask him a question, she stood. Then he said 'no, not you' as she was in the middle of asking her question. Then he got angry at her, ordered her to stop and sit down.

But here's the thing. All those hostile moments back and forth with the press wasn't really about their questions at all, it was all about how he approached that press conference. He had been flying all over the place the previous week doing rallies for some, but really rallies for himself. "A vote for (insert name here) is really a vote fore me!" He said that at every rally to get his base to the polls to vote. By the last rally on Sunday, he was nearly frantic. He knew very well the predictions for Tuesday's elections were going to swing the House and he knew that would spell big troubles for him personally. He doesn't care about anyone else and their election or not, he cares about being vulnerable to scrutiny under a Democratic controlled house. He's smart enough to know that his family would be in jeopardy if they took the House.

By the time it came to do that press conference he was sullen, exhausted, and feeling defeated politically. That's where all the hostility and anger coming from him originated.

Yeah I'm well aware of what the press conference was, I actually said something similar yesterday in another thread only I thought the whole thing was a setup to get the focus off him and the election.

I'm asking the question about April Ryan because that's the title of the thread and not one person here can tell me or anyone what she did that was offensive, not Acosta everyone in here is talking about Acosta not Ryan.

Dems cheer when violent thugs attack Tucker Carlsons wife, they cry out in pain when reporters act like children in the whitehouse and arent asked back
Sound about right.
What Dems cheered about the attack on his home and terrifying his wife? Nobody with an ounce of compassion would cheer such a disgusting spectacle.

Yeah I'm well aware of what the press conference was, I actually said something similar yesterday in another thread only I thought the whole thing was a setup to get the focus off him and the election.

I'm asking the question about April Ryan because that's the title of the thread and not one person here can tell me or anyone what she did that was offensive, not Acosta everyone in here is talking about Acosta not Ryan.

I posted the video here but it's on YouTube if you want to watch and see exactly for yourself and make up your own mind about the entire thing and not take anyone else's opinion about it over your own.

Everything from here on is going to escalate once he returns from Paris. He lost a big national election for the very first time and he's reacting in a wildly dangerous fashion launching a systematic attack on every independent source of authority outside himself, his associates and supporters. From the doctored video that started on a conspiracy website that press secretary Sanders tweeted out to attack a reporter, to the baseless accusations against the electoral system to stop people from counting votes, to a blatant attack on the Justice Dept firing Jeff Sessions and putting in his lackey Matthew Whitaker who is clearly a sycophant and a loyalist. Trump right now is acting like a man that feels cornered and is dangerous. I think this is a president in panicked barn-burning mode. There were over 1,000 protests last night involving hundreds of thousands of people who took to the streets to protest Sessions firing and to protect the Mueller probe, and he saw that too.

I posted the video here but it's on YouTube if you want to watch and see exactly for yourself and make up your own mind about the entire thing and not take anyone else's opinion about it over your own.

Everything from here on is going to escalate once he returns from Paris. He lost a big national election for the very first time and he's reacting in a wildly dangerous fashion launching a systematic attack on every independent source of authority outside himself, his associates and supporters. From the doctored video that started on a conspiracy website that press secretary Sanders tweeted out to attack a reporter, to the baseless accusations against the electoral system to stop people from counting votes, to a blatant attack on the Justice Dept firing Jeff Sessions and putting in his lackey Matthew Whitaker who is clearly a sycophant and a loyalist. Trump right now is acting like a man that feels cornered and is dangerous. I think this is a president in panicked barn-burning mode. There were over 1,000 protests last night involving hundreds of thousands of people who took to the streets to protest Sessions firing and to protect the Mueller probe, and he saw that too.

If Florida and Arizona’s Senate seats flip In favor of the democrats, trump will go bloody berzerk

I want a Trump Supporter that's defending his action to tell me what this reporter did at that press conference to deserve such ire from the president. So far all I'm hearing is about Acosta.
I'm still trying to find out why she's nasty and a loser.

If Florida and Arizona’s Senate seats flip In favor of the democrats, trump will go bloody berzerk

Tell me about it. He already called for a new election in Arizona.
Wait until that county in Florida that had no votes in the Senator race is recounted...lol!

oh my God yes, I don't even want to think about that. Trump's loyalists in Florida will do what it takes to turn that election it a 'rigged' election and all hell is going to break out. And what the hell is wrong with Florida anyway? They've had more than 20 years to get it right, there's no other state that has this much drama and problems with getting votes counted. Dumbass Matt Gaetz is still struggling to feel like he's pertinent and screaming "this is all rigged" and there's not a shred of proof that there was any election rigging, the investigation showed there was none. They're all working together with Trump to distract from all that's happening in D.C.

Tell me about it. He already called for a new election in Arizona.
Wait until that county in Florida that had no votes in the Senator race is recounted...lol!

There is a run-off election for one of Mississippi’s Senate seats on November 27, and Democrats have a good chance at flipping it.

You should not insinuate that I can't think. This is an act of incivility.

Also, I am not a "Trump-lover" as you might be thinking. I am not an American. But I do think Trump has done some good things for the country.

Defending trump=trump supporter...Deal with it

Back
Top Bottom