• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump calls April Ryan a 'loser,' threatens to revoke more press credentials

Yesterday he chose Yamiche Alcindor, April Ryan and Jim Acosta to humiliate and disrespect. Today, once again, he targeted April Ryan but added a new woman reporter, Abby Phillips. Is it just a coincidence that all three female reporters are Black women?

Reporter Abby Phillips, right at the end of the video, asks the question. "Do you want him to rein in Robert Mueller?"

Listen to the response at minute 21:03

If he believes it's the American press that's his enemy, wait till the French press start asking him questions. This time around they're not going to be so kind.

Last edited:
These guys hear something stupid like this on CNN then run straight here to DP to post it as if it makes any sense or is their own original thought.

I think they are getting their news from The View.
Their fake narrative is to say that the WH aide battered Acosta.
Can you wrap your mind around that whopper?

So it would stand to reason that another false narrative is that the dictator Trump wants to shut down the news media so we can become more like a banana republic.

WTF are these people smoking? :lamo

Trump has not misused power, so the above is a total lie.

April Ryan is a loser and she's nasty! She wasn't called on, failed to raise her hand and talked out of turn. She's not a first grader who does this stuff, she's a grown woman who knows the WH protocol. Wait your turn, and keep seated until called on and then ask your question. As we all know, those of us who watched her, she not only did not ask a question when not called on, she stood up and admonished the POTUS during HIS presser.

Jim Acosta acted unprofessionally at the President's press conference, so he's a nasty loser too, and he won't accept responsibility for his rudeness. He was told to sit down after he decided to turn the press conference into a personal debate with the president, robbing time from other reporters who patiently were awaiting their turn. After being told to sit down, and that was enough, he refused to give up the mic. and continued to disreputably grandstand.

Isn't the first amendment grand?
You get to lie about what happened at the WH, and I get to call you on it.

You're welcome.

You're a racist if you believe she was 'nasty'. He pointed to a reporter sitting behind her and she thought he pointed to her, so she stood and started asking her question. Then he verbally attacked her. Freedom of the press is a guaranteed right under the US Constitution whether you like the reporter or hate their question, doesn't matter, it's their right to ask.

Its not my job to keep you abreast of current events. Go educate yourself and come back when you know something.

I know 12 people are dead (mostly college students) shot by a angry white man with easy access to weapons...Now go back to whining about some people shouting at that asswipe Tucker Carlson

You're a racist if you believe she was 'nasty'. He pointed to a reporter sitting behind her and she thought he pointed to her, so she stood and started asking her question. Then he verbally attacked her. Freedom of the press is a guaranteed right under the US Constitution whether you like the reporter or hate their question, doesn't matter, it's their right to ask.

The press has never been more free in this country than it is today. To claim otherwise is idiocy.

Maybe Trump will wire tap April's parents like Obama did James Rosen's.

I thought it was funny what he said. Why does the left get their panties wadded up when Trump responds in kind to terrible reporters but don't mind when the lamestream media constantly says vile things about Trump? Do they not expect decent behavior from the press?

Sounds like it's great news for you, why don't you go test that theory out?

Its not a theory. Its already been tested out on CNN and by Hillary. Or is it your point that liberals are just hypocrites and race baiters? Because I would probably agree with you on that.

It is nice to know that because of liberals, we can now refer to blacks as illiterate negro's who all look alike.

LOL......you forgot super predators!

I know 12 people are dead (mostly college students) shot by a angry white man with easy access to weapons...Now go back to whining about some people shouting at that asswipe Tucker Carlson

You didnt bother to educate yourself I see. But good to know that you can still be counted on to post ignorant, racist garbage.

Yesterday he chose Yamiche Alcindor, April Ryan and Jim Acosta to humiliate and disrespect. Today, once again, he targeted April Ryan but added a new woman reporter, Abby Phillips. Is it just a coincidence that all three female reporters are Black women?

Reporter Abby Phillips, right at the end of the video, asks the question. "Do you want him to rein in Robert Mueller?"

Listen to the response at minute 21:03

If he believes it's the American press that's his enemy, wait till the French press start asking him questions. This time around they're not going to be so kind.

Jim Acosta is a black woman? Who knew.

Who else here thinks I cant find a link to Tuckers wife being attacked by antifa thugs? Anyone else?

I searched for it before I asked.

That's WHY I asked.

I suspect you are talking about the antifa tank assault on their house?

But "Tucker's wife assault" just yeilded reports of antifa making a stink at their house.

I also suspect that you chose words not supported by the facts. For effect.

I posted this thread in this particular forum because this goes right to the heart of a major problem on the horizon and that's Trump's misuse of power in controlling the freedom of the press, violation of the 2nd Amendment and abuse of power. This is stuff that banana republic dictators do. This is what happened in El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and nearly every other dictatorship around the world. This is not acceptable. April Ryan has been a White House correspondent for four presidencies, nearly 20 years in Washington, D.C., and bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks. Trump has created such contempt for April Ryan and Jim Acosta that they each had to hire private security guards and they are not private security paid for by the US government like Sarah Sanders.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/415900-trump-calls-april-ryan-a-loser-threatens-to-revoke-more-press

President Trump on Friday suggested he could pull press credentials from other reporters who don't show him "respect."

The comments come two days after the president suspended the press pass of CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta after a contentious exchange during a news conference.

"I think Jim Acosta is a very unprofessional man," Trump said.

Asked how long Acosta's credentials will be suspended, the president replied: "As far as I'm concerned, I haven't made that decision. But it could be others also"

Trump also went after April Ryan of American Urban Radio Networks as a "loser" who "doesn't know what the hell she is doing."

Dang, there sure a lot of "enemies of the people" these days. Kind of reminds me of something...

A brief history of 'Lügenpresse,' the Nazi-era predecessor to Trump's 'Fake News'

It is nice to know that because of liberals, we can now refer to blacks as illiterate negro's who all look alike.

Actually, it was Trump who ran a campaign based on fear, hatred, and racism to energize his base.

That means, if Trump's own words are to believed, Trump himself believes his base are cowardly, hateful, racists. So don't blame liberals, blame your leader, he's the one who has the lowest opinion of you.

Hillary made a joke about black guys looking the same. Where is your outrage? This is where you go...duh...Im not aware of that.

Ok, it's outrageous. If you Google it, every reference is from a conservative source. Is it a stretch for a 'what aboutism' defense or due to conservatives 10 year bout with HDS?

Looking at both of their lives' history on relations with non-whites and conclude they come anywhere close is a great example of conservatives being inspired by and emulating Trumps hyperbole...

@JustHanging

I guess referring to the opposition as nothing more than liars and that their reports are fake is pretty common in history. How it's spun has been different depending on the era of the dictatorship of course. Since the printing press was invented I'll bet there was allegations of 'fake news' in the first newspaper.

The article referred to CNN's Trump surrogate Paris Dennard, a conservative commentator who was praised by Trump as “wonderful” just a day prior to his being fired by CNN. Dennard who had argued that past sexual indiscretions should have no bearing on Trump’s presidency was fired from Arizona State University four years ago for making sexually explicit comments and gestures toward women.

Freedom of the press is still free in the United States.
Nobody is trying to rob April Ryan or Acosta of their first amendment rights.

She was nasty for arguing with the president. You might not like my opinion, and that's quite okay but it's still my opinion that she's acted nastily and disrespectfully toward the POTUS.
And this was not the first time she got nasty at a press briefing at the WH.

Her skin color has nothing to do with this but I think you already know that.

Freedom of the press is still free in the United States.
Nobody is trying to rob April Ryan or Acosta of their first amendment rights.

She was nasty for arguing with the president. You might not like my opinion, and that's quite okay but it's still my opinion that she's acted nastily and disrespectfully toward the POTUS.
And this was not the first time she got nasty at a press briefing at the WH.

Her skin color has nothing to do with this but I think you already know that.

I know nothing of the sort. The last five women he disrespected, insulted, banned and criticized were ALL black women. HE's a coward and a misogynist.

I posted this thread in this particular forum because this goes right to the heart of a major problem on the horizon and that's Trump's misuse of power in controlling the freedom of the press, violation of the 2nd Amendment and abuse of power. This is stuff that banana republic dictators do. This is what happened in El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and nearly every other dictatorship around the world. This is not acceptable. April Ryan has been a White House correspondent for four presidencies, nearly 20 years in Washington, D.C., and bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks. Trump has created such contempt for April Ryan and Jim Acosta that they each had to hire private security guards and they are not private security paid for by the US government like Sarah Sanders.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/415900-trump-calls-april-ryan-a-loser-threatens-to-revoke-more-press

President Trump on Friday suggested he could pull press credentials from other reporters who don't show him "respect."

The comments come two days after the president suspended the press pass of CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta after a contentious exchange during a news conference.

"I think Jim Acosta is a very unprofessional man," Trump said.

Asked how long Acosta's credentials will be suspended, the president replied: "As far as I'm concerned, I haven't made that decision. But it could be others also"

Trump also went after April Ryan of American Urban Radio Networks as a "loser" who "doesn't know what the hell she is doing."

Press pool credentials are a privilege, not a right. Not all journalists get them. With those credentials comes a responsibility. If they are constantly shouting out-of-turn, refuse to stop when asked to, and continue to shout over other reporters trying to ask questions, then they open themselves up to having their press pool credentials taken away.

I know nothing of the sort. The last five women he disrespected, insulted, banned and criticized were ALL black women. HE's a coward and a misogynist.

I don't know anything about that and will consider it hearsay, but you called me a racist for simply sharing my opinion above, so what does that make you?

Thats just stupid. This is not a 'misuse of power' or harming the freedom of the press, nor is it what happens 'in El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and nearly every other dictatorship around the world.' It couldnt be more obvious that you simply dont know WTF you are talking about.

everything he doesn't agree with is an abuse of power.

Trump is going to revoke more press passes? Good...do it Donald. You want to see Donald go entirely and completely off the deep end? Stop covering him. Stop showing up for his idiot rallies. In fact the press has stopped showing up for his idiot rallies....FINALLY!

On record today calling for Donald Trump to revoke more Press Passes....Best idea Donald has had yet. It would actually be the first patriotic thing he has done since ascending to the office.

I don't know anything about that and will consider it hearsay, but you called me a racist for simply sharing my opinion above, so what does that make you?

Well of course you don't know anything about that, you don't want to know anything about that.

Back
Top Bottom