• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump cabinet member worth $700m ‘doesn’t understand’ why federal workers are using food banks durin

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...banks-stamps-trump-pantry-loans-a8744801.html
US Department of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross says he does not understand why federal workers who have already missed one paycheck as a result of the government shut down have been relying on food banks to keep food on the table.

Mr Ross suggested that the 800,000 federal workers - who have not been paid as a result of the shutdown fueled by Donald Trump’s refusal to sign a funding bill that does not include border wall funding - should just take out loans to put food on the table.

“I know they are and I don’t really quite understand why,” Mr Ross said on CNBC’s Squawk Box when asked about the use of food banks.
I've nothing to add. Just a regular ole Joe that understands the working man.

Last edited:
Eventually, "Let them eat cake" always leads to the same response.

Back
Top Bottom