• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump blurts out his true motivation on mail ballots

There will no doubt be attempts in many states to discourage or curtail early voting this year. And in-person voting, especially by electronic (and no paper trail) methods, is no guarantee that votes will be more secure. In the 2004 election 100,000 electronic votes vanished. And we keep hearing about how electronic voting machines have notified the voter that they just voted for candidate "B" when they entered the vote for "A".

I suppose we could all go back to paper ballots ala the 1950's, 60's etc. But even then every once in a long while we read about a ballot box full of ballots were found from very old elections. I think the most recent one was when they were tearing down an old court house in Texas. 2 or 3 ballot boxes from the 1960 election was found in the basement. Those were never counted.

I suppose there is no fool proof way.

I suppose we could all go back to paper ballots ala the 1950's, 60's etc. But even then every once in a long while we read about a ballot box full of ballots were found from very old elections. I think the most recent one was when they were tearing down an old court house in Texas. 2 or 3 ballot boxes from the 1960 election was found in the basement. Those were never counted.

I suppose there is no fool proof way.

No, but there are ways to spot clear intentions of screwing the voting process and we're see the Trump Criminal Enterprise working 24/7 in plain sight to do just that.

[A quick correction of my earlier comment: I neglected to note that those missing 100k votes in 2004 were in just one state: OH. How many more disappeared into the ether all over the country is anyone's guess. ]

And now I'm a coward, eh? Thanks for proving my point: A thoughtful discourse is made impossible with personal attacks such as this.

Why did you not answer the substantive portion of his post... and what is the reason you will not speak up if he is wrong about your motive for not?

thanks

This goes far beyond politics, far beyond partisanship. This is an attack on the very concept of democracy itself and also an attack on the fundamental human rights of American citizens to vote and to participate in the affairs of their own government.

And your last two sentences are precisely why I refuse to comment. Having a civil discussion isn't possible with those who brand others in the way you have here. In fact, when you and others do this, you silence those who don't like Trump but also think the hyperbole is insane.

Except, he's right, and IMO, your objections are nonsense and straw men. You say you haven't commented on trump since his nomination. Ever heard the phrases, 'all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing', or 'tacit endorsement'? Sometimes, the truth is harsh, and with trump, the truth is harsh. Your mocking the hugely justified criticism of trump's horrific behavior as 'daily two-minute hate', is defending trump.

Back
Top Bottom