• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump bluffed hard on his State of the Union, and Pelosi called it

Ah, so, now I get it. You only believe Trump's DHS Secretary. Because your TDS means you must believe everything he or his administration says.

You poor fellow. It must suck to be like a Jim Jones follower.

So please prove that the people that are in charge of the presidents security don't know what they are talking about or that you know more than they do.
I will be waiting for your evidence.

So please prove that the people that are in charge of the presidents security don't know what they are talking about or that you know more than they do.

Someone needs more coffee. That would be you.

No, no. The burden is on us to try and show that Homeland Security and Secret Service know more about the security at the SOTU than Nancy Pelosi.
Of course, it's a given that the brilliant Pelosi knows much more than the professionals. And DHS is probably lying about it being secure. We have to also prove that they are not lying about it.

See how it is constructed? Can't question that logic. And you know why? Because Trump!

This is why compromise is so hard to get these days. If someone gives a little the jerks on the other side with whoop and holler about the "victory".

I asked you a question. Dodge again so we can be sure I won.

I'm sorry you didnt understand my answer. *imagines a granny patting AO's head*

Here you go, spoon-fed: I am not.

And btw,

I never bring up 'winning' in the Internet because I think that's pathetic.

No it doesn't

The Constitution is silent on how and when the President must advise Congress of the State of the Union.

Article II, Section 3 of the United States Constitution states that the president “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.”

It specifies that it shall be done from time to time. It has become customary to have it yearly and Pelosi has seen fit to play politics with it. Trump's job is to give the SOTU. That's no bluff. It's what we expect from the POTUS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom