• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump blames others on his notorious Georgia call for not hanging up on him as Fulton County decision nears

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Donald Trump issued a potentially revealing statement on Truth Social as news broke Tuesday that authorities in Fulton County, Georgia, are nearing a decision on charges for multiple members of his inner circle — including potentially Mr Trump himself.

The ex-president, out of nowhere, brought up his now-infamous 2 January 2021 call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in which he instructed the state elections chief to “find” more than 11,000 votes he would have needed to surpass Joe Biden’s total in the state.

“My phone call to the Secretary of State of Georgia, and a second call which the Marxists, Communists, Racists, and RINOS don’t even want to talk about, were “PERFECT” calls. Many people, including lawyers for both sides, were knowingly on the line. I was protesting a RIGGED & STOLEN Election, which evidence proves it was,” claimed the former president.
============================================================
Trump can never be wrong.

Donald Trump issued a potentially revealing statement on Truth Social as news broke Tuesday that authorities in Fulton County, Georgia, are nearing a decision on charges for multiple members of his inner circle — including potentially Mr Trump himself.

The ex-president, out of nowhere, brought up his now-infamous 2 January 2021 call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in which he instructed the state elections chief to “find” more than 11,000 votes he would have needed to surpass Joe Biden’s total in the state.

“My phone call to the Secretary of State of Georgia, and a second call which the Marxists, Communists, Racists, and RINOS don’t even want to talk about, were “PERFECT” calls. Many people, including lawyers for both sides, were knowingly on the line. I was protesting a RIGGED & STOLEN Election, which evidence proves it was,” claimed the former president.

That is not how an innocent person acts.

This is like really bad fiction. That man is disturbed and deluded.

What part of your quote mentions Trump blaming others for not hanging up?

It wasn't out of nowhere.. He knows the shit is about to hit the fan...

It wasn't out of nowhere.. He knows the shit is about to hit the fan...

Yup. He thinks he's doing damage control and thinks his base will rally around him. Problem is, his base is rapidly shrinking.

This part...

"H]ow come not one person said, while on the call, that I acted inappropriately, or made a statement of protest at what I said, & then slammed down the phone[?]” asked the ex-president. “Not one, even with so many opposing people, lawyers, and others on the line. NO ADMONISHMENT at all.”

Helps if you read the entire linked article.

And then he questioned why Mr Raffensperger or others on the call declined to say at the time that his instruction to the elections chief had been inappropriate.

“[H]ow come not one person said, while on the call, that I acted inappropriately, or made a statement of protest at what I said, & then slammed down the phone[?]” asked the ex-president. “Not one, even with so many opposing people, lawyers, and others on the line. NO ADMONISHMENT at all.”

He always jumps in to run interference for Trump. Just another day that ends in a y.
There was a time when he was always post #2 in any thread critical of Trump. I'm technologically retarded so I can't guess how he could do that but whatever effort was required he did.

That's like the bank robber blaming the bank for having cash.
Trump continues to prove what a scum bag he truly is.

I wonder how much this endorsement reduces Trump’s legal bill to Christina?
This isn’t the first time Trump has referenced German Christmas pastry and the 2020 election??

1674612859443.png

The Secretary of State of a middling-sized State won't stand up to the President ... and that means the President was doing nothing wrong?

If Trump didn't mean to make corrupt suggestions maybe he should have left the call to his lawyer.

Christina Bobb....isn't she the same brilliant lawyer who first represented Trump in the Mar a Lago documents case. The one who lied to the FBI?

This is literally in the, "you can't make this shit up" category. Why didn't anyone slam the phone down on the President? Oh I don't know, maybe because you don't do that to the POTUS, out of respect for the office (something Trump obviously doesn't have) and because that's not how grown-ups generally behave. Trump doesn't understand that either.

What evidence?

Only in his narcissistic mind

Let's hope he is the nominee in 2024, a gift for the Dems

So typical.

His supporters are no better, blaming Fauci for the awful federal response to covid.

So typical.

His supporters are no better, blaming Fauci for the awful federal response to covid.
That's a good way to try to escape the blame. Trump will never escape his idea of curing COVID by injecting bleach.

What an asshole. He needs lots of prison.

Wait?

I thought every call Donny made was a "perfect call"?

Wait?

I thought every call Donny made was a "perfect call"?
We have recordings of the phone call, evidence to jail that fat clown.

The Prosecutor says multiple indictments are imminent as recommended by the special grand jury. My sense is she doesn't have to take it to a regular grand jury to indict but I may be wrong on that. It is never clear to me when they have to a grand jury and when they dont.

Back
Top Bottom