• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump blames California for not taking care of the forests there causing the fires, is it?

Trump is partly right. California has to acknowledge that that they have to completely overhaul their forest management program in light of climate change. Dry forests are the new norm. Rain will decease. Snow packs will decrease. Next year the forests will be even drier than they are now because of global warming. The state Dept of Forestry will have to start cutting down all this dead timber before summer comes. Actually, much of these fires are happening on Federal lands so much of the blame falls on Trump's shoulders. They're his forests; he should be taking his own advice and managing them properly. If it can be demonstrated these fires started on Federal land and then migrated to state forests, then the states should sue the Federal govt. for costs to fight them and to rebuild all the towns that were burned down because of national forest fires..

Sure if you want to say Trump is right about some de minims corner of the argument.

Trump's USDA forest management budgets call for rather trivial increases while zeroing out to almost exactly the same extent the entire federal budget support for state forestry efforts.

As usual Donald is blowing hot air or maybe blowing smoke up our asses. Both of which would seem quite appropriate puns in this case. As such I don't feel compelled to apologize for the pun.

Irrelevant. The longer the state took to implement a fire control strategy, the more fuel that's been allowed to accumulate.

Spare us the global warming horse****. California wildfires were still happening back when global cooling was the in thing to worry about.

You do realize that Trump has held back money from the western states to fight fires and thus between the lack of money and the covid problem, antothe thing trump is responsible for, they lack man power to fight the fires.

hang on.

THE DUMB ASS PRESIDENT WHO DIDN'T PREPARE OUR COUNTRY FOR COVID IS COMPLAINING ABOUT OTHER POLITICIANS AND FORESTS???

this era can't get any more stupid.

Reall, since they own only 3% of the forests, who is doing most of the mismanaging, not California. Do yo actually think only California owned forest land is burning? If you do I have a bridge I want to sell you. If the Feds own the land, they are responsible for managing almost 60% of the forest land and that falls on Trump. You can try and pin the fault on trump as yo think he is not responsible for anything that goes wrong, but if he wants them raked, then he should grab a rake and go to work.

I don't know why Newsom didn't raise this issue with Trump when they met today. Newsom: "You know, Mister President, you preach a good sermon about forest management. Mighty funny when we consider the vast majority of burning lands are Federal lands which YOU should be managing. So all this death and destruction falls right at your doorstep. Biden is right. You're not only responsible for 200,000 deaths from COVID with your inept mismanagement of the virus, you're also a climate arsonist who is responsible for dozens of deaths with your inept mismanagement of your own forests! What do you think about that?!"

I'd have paid money to listen to Newsom rake Trump over the coals like that.

I feel compelled to point out that Donald can play Three Card Monti with forestry funding till hell freezes over, his continued Climate Change denial simply means that forestry funding is only a part of the equation and we will continue to lose ground year by year due to Climate Change. This is simply another reason why DonDon HAS TO GO in January 2021.

hang on.

THE DUMB ASS PRESIDENT WHO DIDN'T PREPARE OUR COUNTRY FOR COVID IS COMPLAINING ABOUT OTHER POLITICIANS AND FORESTS???

this era can't get any more stupid.

But the people who support Trump can.

I don't know why Newsom didn't raise this issue with Trump when they met today. Newsom: "You know, Mister President, you preach a good sermon about forest management. Mighty funny when we consider the vast majority of burning lands are Federal lands which YOU should be managing. So all this death and destruction falls right at your doorstep. Biden is right. You're not only responsible for 200,000 deaths from COVID with your inept mismanagement of the virus, you're also a climate arsonist who is responsible for dozens of deaths with your inept mismanagement of your own forests! What do you think about that?!"

I'd have paid money to listen to Newsom rake Trump over the coals like that.

Newsom is caught between the same rock and hard place other governors have been caught in over COVID. Newsom is desperate to maintain the piddling Federal assistance he is getting now. Just as in reality only the Federal Government really had the assets needed to fight COVID making Trump's performance in that regard a case of tragic incompetence, Newsom really can't fight this battle without Federal Support and he fears losing what he has in some public display of displeasure. Newsom's version of one in the hand is worth more than two in the bush has turned him to public groveling.

Newsom's strategy is literally hold on and pray for rain and I do mean literally!

He's using the same tactics Lying Libs use against him, except he's actually right.

I wonder how you can explain that trump is telling us that the fires are all the governor's fault, but the Feds own, I read 57% of the forests, while someone else posted almost 48% of the forest lands while California owns only 3%. Are you saying that trump as president is not responsible for the fires in those lands that the Feds own and those forests are also the governor's responsibility? Really, you are saying that? So if your house burns it is your neighbors responsibility to put it out? Really?

Newsom is caught between the same rock and hard place other governors have been caught in over COVID. Newsom is desperate to maintain the piddling Federal assistance he is getting now. Just as in reality only the Federal Government really had the assets needed to fight COVID making Trump's performance in that regard a case of tragic incompetence, Newsom really can't fight this battle without Federal Support and he fears losing what he has in some public display of displeasure. Newsom's version of one in the hand is worth more than two in the bush has turned him to public groveling.

Newsom's strategy is literally hold on and pray for rain and I do mean literally!

Very true. It's a balancing act between having to kiss Trump's ass to maintain the trickle of cash from the Federal govt and trying to maintain a modicum of self-respect for selling out his values when he does. I couldn't do it.

Wow, rake and sweep? It's a freaking forest, common.

I wonder how you can explain that trump is telling us that the fires are all the governor's fault, but the Feds own, I read 57% of the forests, while someone else posted almost 48% of the forest lands while California owns only 3%. Are you saying that trump as president is not responsible for the fires in those lands that the Feds own and those forests are also the governor's responsibility? Really, you are saying that? So if your house burns it is your neighbors responsibility to put it out? Really?

Californication is a garbage state that deserves the burn. Trump is right: They've royally screwed up on this one.

In reality the State of California own only 3% of the forest land in California, 3%. A majority of the forest land is owned by the US Federal Government, so as president, Trump is responsible for most of the forest that is on fire. If he is so worried about old leaves being the cause of the fire, it really isn't, then why does Trump not take care of the problem. Maybe because like everything else, he has no idea who owns what out there and should have before he began to open his stupid mouth to blame it on the state. I guess i am just so tired of having a president who knows so little about our country and our constitution.
Yeh, they should be mopping the forest floors

Back
Top Bottom