• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump/Biden/Pence Classified Document cases

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Okay, here's the problem the way I see it. First off, whether any of these cases is criminal, is for another thread. I'm concern about sloppy security, which I think is most of the problem. Let's face it, none of these guys pack their own suitcases for a trip overnight, much less carry boxes of any kind of documents out to the moving van. They have people who have people who have people for that. This is a process issue; and SOPs aren't being followed; and there's a massive amount of miscommunication. When a president or any official leaves office or retires, there should (and probably is) a process. For these guys, this process is probably run through their respective Chief of Staff office. Let's just say it is for argument's sake. Documents whether classified or not will be review for pertinence. Some go to the respective presidential library or whatever (e.g., NARA). Classified docs should be separated out before they leave, based on legal processes. Some may get declassified, and should be marked so be the original classifying authority. Then they may end up with the "retiree" depending the final markings. But let's not get too far in the weeds. What we really have here is an obvious problem with documents being improperly stored. Even if classified docs are stored outside of a normal government building (e.g., Mar-a-lago, Biden's personal home/Corvette😉, wherever), then an official government secure container must be used. This container is checked everyday by a designated govt employee, just like in govt buildings, like maybe the Secret Service that work at that facility.

That's clearly not happening, at all! The shit is flying around all over, apparently. I don't know all the details, and I don't think anyone here knows them either. But #1 is getting a handle on controlling documents. Even CUI docs need to be kept properly. None of this is rocket science. For those inexperienced in handling classified data, this isn't the first time. Decades ago Lawrence Livermore Laboratory in California, had a huge breach because of sloppy behavior. You know these guys because they design our nuclear warheads. The W88 warhead secrets were leaked through a foreign scientist and SLOPPY security practices. Last I heard back then was the military was planning to assume security duties there; not sure what happened.

That's clearly not happening, at all! The shit is flying around all over, apparently. I don't know all the details, and I don't think anyone here knows them either. But #1 is getting a handle on controlling documents. Even CUI docs need to be kept properly. None of this is rocket science. For those inexperienced in handling classified data, this isn't the first time. Decades ago Lawrence Livermore Laboratory in California, had a huge breach because of sloppy behavior. You know these guys because they design our nuclear warheads. The W88 warhead secrets were leaked through a foreign scientist and SLOPPY security practices. Last I heard back then was the military was planning to assume security duties there; not sure what happened.
Wikipedia has a write up on Wen Ho Lee. He was exonerated and the goverment case against him basically fell apart. The W88 warhead design was leaked, but not by him but rather by one of the defense contractors.

Changes must be made to how theses docs are tracked by the DNI
Various departments within the federal government generate classified materials, and no single department/agency controls distribution or tracking.

With regards to Trump/Biden/Pence, It wouldn’t be surprising if existing policies and regulations were simply ignored.

The biggest difference being that Trump is guilty of being in possession of de-classified documents. Biden was in possession of classified materials. People go to jail for what Biden did.
Nobody has gone to jail for unknowingly having classified materials in their homes.

Don’t believe it? Look for an example that supports your claim.

Only for stealing classified materials and/or profiting somehow from providing the materials to unauthorized persons.

Wikipedia has a write up on Wen Ho Lee. He was exonerated and the goverment case against him basically fell apart. The W88 warhead design was leaked, but not by him but rather by one of the defense contractors.
Irrelevant to the topic actually. You failed to read everything I wrote, but you go on with your big self.

I see a lot of liberals want to die on this hill. But you'd be wise to note that even Tucker Carlson thinks this is bullshit, and he's talking about Biden. You may not like Carlson, but you ought to take note when he's actually defending Biden a little bit.

The biggest difference being that Trump is guilty of being in possession of de-classified documents. Biden was in possession of classified materials. People go to jail for what Biden did.
Team Trump has yet to provide evidence that they were declassified.

Team Trump has yet to provide evidence that they were declassified.
He isn't required to, but if he were, he could give a sworn statement that he did and if it could not be disproven that would qualify as proof.

He isn't required to, but if he were, he could give a sworn statement that he did and if it could not be disproven that would qualify as proof.
Then there is no proof he did it and no reason to believe him.l as his time as president and tens of thousands of documented lies proves he is not a credible witness.

The counter proof could be the fact the docs are still labeled as classified, which has a greater weight as it is material evidence.

His sloppiness in not following procedures and generating evidence is his problem.

Yes, people are required to prove their claims. On World #1, anyway. Are you on World #1?

He has never made that claim in court. Take the hint.

He isn't required to.
There was only one judge kooky enough to take up that position and she had her hand slapped pretty hard by her district appeals court and lost her special master.

Back
Top Bottom