• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump-bashing Iraq war architect Elliott Abrams to lead US regime change in Venezuela

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.rt.com/usa/449756-abrams-pompeo-venezuela-iran-contra/

Washington seems so dead-set on regime change in Venezuela, the State Department has just appointed a former diplomat with a sordid track record in Latin America and Middle East to spearhead “restoring democracy” in Caracas.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced on Friday the appointment of Elliott Abrams to “help the Venezuelan people fully restore democracy and prosperity to their country.” Abrams is expected to coordinate all diplomatic efforts to replace President Nicolas Maduro with the self-proclaimed president Juan Guaido, recognized by the US, OAS and several EU members.
======================================
Speaking of the U.S. 'intervening' in Venezuela. I see the suggestions I made in my earlier post in Latin America may come true after all.

https://www.rt.com/usa/449756-abrams-pompeo-venezuela-iran-contra/

Washington seems so dead-set on regime change in Venezuela, the State Department has just appointed a former diplomat with a sordid track record in Latin America and Middle East to spearhead “restoring democracy” in Caracas.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced on Friday the appointment of Elliott Abrams to “help the Venezuelan people fully restore democracy and prosperity to their country.” Abrams is expected to coordinate all diplomatic efforts to replace President Nicolas Maduro with the self-proclaimed president Juan Guaido, recognized by the US, OAS and several EU members.
======================================
Speaking of the U.S. 'intervening' in Venezuela. I see the suggestions I made in my earlier post in Latin America may come true after all.

It's not surprising that many in government want regime change, but I don't support it. We should not go to war and get involved. Also I call BS in the claim we need to act to reestablish democracy there. America has a record of supporting brutal dictators when the regime serves American interests. That's all every intervention has been about, protecting American interests, not protecting democracies. These idiots in DC pushing for intervention in Venezeula, should be more concerned with cleaning up America's reputation and track record on so called protecting and promoting democracy, before they think about another intervention.

Back
Top Bottom