• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Backs Democrats Push to Ban No-Fly List from Purchasing Guns

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
:) Well done, NRA. Well Done Indeed.

On Twitter Wednesday morning, Donald Trump endorsed the Senate Democrats’ plan to ban people on the “no fly” list from purchasing guns.

During the primaries, the presumptive GOP nominee repeatedly promised to defend Americans’ right to keep and bear arms. On his campaign website Trump states, “The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.”

Now Trump has reversed himself and backs a plan by Sen. Chuck Schumer (D–NY) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to prevent people who are listed on the shadowy “no fly” list from purchasing any firearms.

Since Senate Democrats first introduced this plan, the NRA has strongly rejected it....

Gosh. If only someone had predicted that this would happen...... repeatedly..... for months....

Gosh. If only someone had predicted that this would happen...... repeatedly..... for months....

I think as we get closer and closer to November people are going to be saying that alot.

He is a populist and will say anything that he thinks will capture votes. His political foe is now a Democrat with the undecided in the middle. His voters won't go to her because of his saying, what Democrats say in this point, but the undecided might. He is only pushing the midline closer to Clinton.

He is a populist and will say anything that he thinks will capture votes. His political foe is now a Democrat with the undecided in the middle. His voters won't go to her because of his saying, what Democrats say in this point, but the undecided might. He is only pushing the midline closer to Clinton.

He supported gun control before he decided to run for president.

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

Donald Trump is 70 years old, which would make him the oldest guy ever elected president.

He supported gun control before he decided to run for president.

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

I think that I might go along with the waiting period.

He now agrees with a position HE has been screaming made Clinton a gun grabber.... :doh

Donald Trump is 70 years old, which would make him the oldest guy ever elected president.

If that were the only strike against him.....

No one can predict with any degree of certainty what Trump would or would not do/back/instigate were he to become president. I seriously doubt he knows himself. Not surprised about this and he'll back pedal from this in 3, 2, 1...

Hillary Trolls Trump Over His Gun Control Tweet: ‘Welcome to the Cause’ | Mediaite

Donald Trump shocked some on the right today (even though pretty much everyone saw this coming) with a tweet saying he supports preventing people on the terror watch list from getting guns. Lots of Republicans are opposed to that position on due process grounds, and there’s an amendment in the Senate from a Republican to address the matter.

Well, Hillary Clinton eagerly picked up on that with a troll-ish repsonse in an interview with The Huffington Post today.

She said, “Welcome to the cause.

:lamo

You and I both - we repeatedly exposed Trump for the liberal Democrat he is, but those warnings fell on deaf ears. As I said months ago, Democrats and their friends in the media are delighted with Trump because now they can't lose - either way, a liberal Democrat will reside in the White House for another four years, at least.

He now agrees with a position HE has been screaming made Clinton a gun grabber.... :doh

No he's not, he has talked about Clinton's support of assault weapon ban and concealed carry bans.

This is an issue with little opposition.

No he's not, he has talked about Clinton's support of assault weapon ban

That he himself backed?

This is an issue with little opposition.

Huh? This is an issue that has already been tried and failed due to it's opposition.

Huh? This is an issue that has already been tried and failed due to it's opposition.

It has never actually been put to a vote, this is a wise move on Trumps part, it voids the gun issue prior to election and cuts Hillary off at the knees, of course it will be written to inconvenience as few people as possible

It has never actually been put to a vote,

That is correct. Opposition to it was strong enough that it never even made it to the floor. And rightfully so.

this is a wise move on Trumps part, it voids the gun issue prior to election and cuts Hillary off at the knees, of course it will be written to inconvenience as few people as possible

:lamo

That he himself backed?

Donald Trump last made a statement back in the assault weapons ban 16 years ago. At the time it was widely and bipartisan we supported and it polled at 70% approval.

Today the opposite is true, the assault weapons ban has strong bipartisan opposition, and the last poll that was done on the issue showed 53% opposition. So are you going to castaway every single person who's change their mind on the issue since year 2000?

Back
Top Bottom