• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Backs Democrats Push to Ban No-Fly List from Purchasing Guns

Mostly the biggest problem with be the mass suicides, huge mope ins and the exploding heads of the Cankles-loyalists. watch the end of MARS ATTACKS for edification of what things would look like

There's plenty of trump haters that don't like Clinton. Myself included. I'm a liberal voting for Gary Johnson. Regardless, if you think the only reason to be fearful of trump is that you like Clinton you're more politically blinded than I originally thought. Do you have any idea how incredibly inept and dangerous a candidate has to be for the leaders of their party to barely and in some cases outright refuse to endorse them?

There's plenty of trump haters that don't like Clinton. Myself included. I'm a liberal voting for Gary Johnson. Regardless, if you think the only reason to be fearful of trump is that you like Clinton you're more politically blinded than I originally thought. Do you have any idea how incredibly inept and dangerous a candidate has to be for the leaders of their party to barely and in some cases outright refuse to endorse them?

I trust the GOP even if it being lead by the bad hair day to screw me and the country over LESS than the DNC with the Clinton crime family in charge

I trust the GOP even if it being lead by the bad hair day to screw me and the country over LESS than the DNC with the Clinton crime family in charge
Well then your trust is woefully misplaced. If you can listen to an entire trump speech and not immediately understand that Clinton is the less dangerous of the two, especially with less than a super majority in the senate, then you're not thinking clearly.

Well then your trust is woefully misplaced. If you can listen to an entire trump speech and not immediately understand that Clinton is the less dangerous of the two, especially with less than a super majority in the senate, then you're not thinking clearly.

Have you ever thought that i might actually know far better than you do what I think is best for me and for the type of government I want? I probably know more about how judges are picked than anyone on this board and I suspect that I might be one of maybe three who actually has ever been in danger of being asked about the possibility of serving as a federal judge. (Romney didn't win so you can rest easy).

Have you ever thought that i might actually know far better than you do what I think is best for me and for the type of government I want? I probably know more about how judges are picked than anyone on this board and I suspect that I might be one of maybe three who actually has ever been in danger of being asked about the possibility of serving as a federal judge. (Romney didn't win so you can rest easy).
I agree that you know what "you think" is best for you. But not what is actually best for you or the country. You think that the republicans will guide trump through being president but he will be the commander in chief. Our military will act on his whims. If you think that's less dangerous than Clinton electing a few liberal judges or possibly enacting some very watered down gun control legislation then bless your little heart.

I agree that you know what "you think" is best for you. But not what is actually best for you or the country. You think that the republicans will guide trump through being president but he will be the commander in chief. Our military will act on his whims. If you think that's less dangerous than Clinton electing a few liberal judges or possibly enacting some very watered down gun control legislation then bless your little heart.

see that is what really annoys me about some on the left-this arrogance that they know what is better for me than I do

and of course you need to engage in such nonsense because its how you justify a big nanny state. and you have never given me any indication you actually have the information necessary to make such a claim

:) Well done, NRA. Well Done Indeed.

Gosh. If only someone had predicted that this would happen...... repeatedly..... for months....

you mean Trump is pivoting left harder than Hillary?? watch the gun nuts will say they were for this the whole time

No one can predict with any degree of certainty what Trump would or would not do/back/instigate were he to become president. I seriously doubt he knows himself. Not surprised about this and he'll back pedal from this in 3, 2, 1...

Makes me wonder what exactly was said at the NRA meeting...or why they wanted to speak to him... His campaign is much too obvious pandering and i dont like it one bit.

see that is what really annoys me about some on the left-this arrogance that they know what is better for me than I do

Not in all cases. But in this very ****ing obvious instance, yes apparently I do. I think you're scared to admit just how much you like Trump though. I personally would have a hard time voting for someone that defrauded thousands of people out of millions of dollars with a fake university scheme, but I can see you have no such qualms. And I'm supposed to respect your decision making ability because your a judge? Ha.

those who caused Trump to be nominated I have serious doubts about their sanity. However, now that he is the nominee, I have to vote for him since Hillary is clearly a disaster on 2nd Amendment issues

As a long time supporter of what you would call the establishment, I can tell you, you don't have to vote for Trump if you don't want to. We aren't going to take your guns away. I promise. This just proves that even though your nominee has declared that he will take away the gun rights of some Americans. You are actually OK with that!! Wow i never thought i would see the day...

As a long time supporter of what you would call the establishment, I can tell you, you don't have to vote for Trump if you don't want to. We aren't going to take your guns away. I promise. This just proves that even though your nominee has declared that he will take away the gun rights of some Americans. You are actually OK with that!! Wow i never thought i would see the day...

who made you official spokesman for the Bannerrhoid movement or the Democrat party.

Look I have been saying trump sucks for months. I voted for Kasich, I supported Kasich and i urged friends of mine to vote for Kasich. So I assume you are voting for HIllary>

who made you official spokesman for the Bannerrhoid movement or the Democrat party.

Look I have been saying trump sucks for months. I voted for Kasich, I supported Kasich and i urged friends of mine to vote for Kasich. So I assume you are voting for HIllary>

I liked Kasich too and would have voted for him if he stayed in like he said he would. but buy june it was too late. I have refused to take part in this clear sham of an election. Yet you are perfectly willing to surrender your principles to two people who will be really bad for the gun rights you so righteously uphold nearly daily on this forum.

I have refused to take part in this clear sham of an election. Yet you are perfectly willing to surrender your principles to two people who will be really bad for the gun rights you so righteously uphold nearly daily on this forum.

I am a pragmatist in that the most important part of an election is trying to win it. I don't think Trump was the best person to do that but right now he is all we have left.

and answer this mr "MODERATEGOP"

which PARTY is better for gun rights?

No one can predict with any degree of certainty what Trump would or would not do/back/instigate were he to become president. I seriously doubt he knows himself. Not surprised about this and he'll back pedal from this in 3, 2, 1...
That is the most concerning thing about Trump, can't figure out where he will land and consistency is nice when selecting elected officials. Unfortunately, there are no good choices right now, seems like it gets worse every election cycle.

Well according to the pollsters it was.

The AWB flipped a couple of close seats in rural districts, but Clinton's economic agenda and the excellent marketing around the contract with America was more influential .

That would be interesting to see - do you have a link on it?

Donald Trump last made a statement back in the assault weapons ban 16 years ago.

Just realized this is not fully correct. The time most closely previous to this one that Donald Trump supported a gun grab was in 2012, when he supported the President after Newtown.

ModerateGOP said:
I have refused to take part in this clear sham of an election. Yet you are perfectly willing to surrender your principles to two people who will be really bad for the gun rights you so righteously uphold nearly daily on this forum.
I am a pragmatist in that the most important part of an election is trying to win it. I don't think Trump was the best person to do that but right now he is all we have left.

The better question is not "which party is better for gun rights", but rather "which allocation of power is best for gun rights".

The answer to that seems to be (unfortunately) becoming clearer by the hour. Republicans will oppose Democrats when the Democrats engage in a gun-grab. They will not oppose their own Presidential candidate (or, presumably, President) when he does so. Given that both Hillary and Trump want to restrict gun rights, therefore, the inescapable conclusion is that Trump will be more effective at doing so, as he will face no unified/organized opposition.

For Gun Rights, therefore, the least-bad solution plausibly available at current is a GOP-led Congress opposing a Hillary Presidency.

The better question is not "which party is better for gun rights", but rather "which allocation of power is best for gun rights".

The answer to that seems to be (unfortunately) becoming clearer by the hour. Republicans will oppose Democrats when the Democrats engage in a gun-grab. They will not oppose their own Presidential candidate (or, presumably, President) when he does so. Given that both Hillary and Trump want to restrict gun rights, therefore, the inescapable conclusion is that Trump will be more effective at doing so, as he will face no unified/organized opposition.

For Gun Rights, therefore, the least-bad solution plausibly available at current is a GOP-led Congress opposing a Hillary Presidency.

Very valid point CP.

NRA: Our Position on Terror Watchlist ‘Has Not Changed’
By Melanie Hunter | June 15, 2016 | 2:32 PM EDT
National Rifle Association executive director Chris W. Cox (left) GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump (center), and NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre (right) at the NRA convention Friday, May 20, 2016, in Louisville, Ky. (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) – The National Rifle Association issued a statement Wednesday, saying it is happy to meet with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump about blocking terrorists from buying guns, but its position on the issue has not changed.

“We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed. The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period,” Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement.

Trump announced on Twitter that he will be meeting with the NRA to discuss “not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.”

“Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist,” Cox said.

“At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue,” Cox added.

I know you have a hard on for Trump...but you are simply wrong. He is echoing the same position the NRA has held on the Terror Watch List. No one wants to see suspected terrorists be able to fly, buy guns, etc. We (I) just dont want to see a list that includes this guy...
View attachment 67202842

You know what? That is exactly what the establishment says, half the time when they are talking about gun control or any other issue that could be perceived as taking away the rights of any sub-par right wing group and they never stand for it. Those groups never stand for unity they always oppose it. So it's funny now when that very establishment questions everything your dear leader says out of his mouth. The far right wing groups stand with Trump for those exact same reasons. Regardless of any logic that tells Far Right Wing Republicans that Trump will be a disaster for their entire belief system.

You know what? That is exactly what the establishment says, half the time when they are talking about gun control or any other issue that could be perceived as taking away the rights of any sub-par right wing group and they never stand for it. Those groups never stand for unity they always oppose it. So it's funny now when that very establishment questions everything your dear leader says out of his mouth. The far right wing groups stand with Trump for those exact same reasons. Regardless of any logic that tells Far Right Wing Republicans that Trump will be a disaster for their entire belief system.

It's ironic that if you replaced "far right wing" with far left wing, you come up with the same argument.
Funny how that works!

Those quotes do not disagree with the NRA position on the no fly list. They agree...suspected terrorists should not be allowed to buy or possess firearms. They just believe in this wacky crazy ****ed up idea of this thing called "due process". Its this weird notion that holds you are innocent until proven to at least have a real and viable level of suspicion and that innocent people arent attacked because their name happened to be linked to an email sent to a chain email that was sent to another chain email that included someone else that MAYBE might also be a possible suspected terrorist.

The terrorist watch list is notoriously flawed. Their own internal audits show massive data failure rates. Maybe it would be a good idea to fix it before advocating using it to deny ANYONE their legal and constitutionally protected rights.
7 Ways That You (Yes, You) Could End Up On A Terrorist Watch List

Those quotes do not disagree with the NRA position on the no fly list. They agree...suspected terrorists should not be allowed to buy or possess firearms.

You are conflating "suspected terrorists" with "people in a government database"

They just believe in this wacky crazy ****ed up idea of this thing called "due process".

Which Democrats do not believe in. Trump has apparently decided to back the Democrats.

Its this weird notion that holds you are innocent until proven to at least have a real and viable level of suspicion

....no.... You are innocent until proven guilty.

However, you don't have to have a real and viable level of suspicion to end up in the databasae.

The terrorist watch list is notoriously flawed. Their own internal audits show massive data failure rates. Maybe it would be a good idea to fix it before advocating using it to deny ANYONE their legal and constitutionally protected rights.
7 Ways That You (Yes, You) Could End Up On A Terrorist Watch List

Yup. And that's why I disagree with the Democrat position that we should use that list to take away Constitutional Rights.

Back
Top Bottom