• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Backs Democrats Push to Ban No-Fly List from Purchasing Guns

Donald Trump last made a statement back in the assault weapons ban 16 years ago. At the time it was widely and bipartisan we supported and it polled at 70% approval.

Today the opposite is true, the assault weapons ban has strong bipartisan opposition, and the last poll that was done on the issue showed 53% opposition. So are you going to castaway every single person who's change their mind on the issue since year 2000?

:shrug: Donald Trump is a consistent gun grabber, except for the 9 months when he was trying to wrap up the GOP nomination. The "Assault Weapons Ban" was idiotic and incompetent when passed, and resulted in fueling a GOP takeover of Congress. It wasn't that popular.

:shrug: Donald Trump is a consistent gun grabber, except for the 9 months when he was trying to wrap up the GOP nomination. The "Assault Weapons Ban" was idiotic and incompetent when passed, and resulted in fueling a GOP takeover of Congress. It wasn't that popular.

This is just assuming your own conclusion.

You simply labeled him a gun grabber to conclude that he's a gun grabber. And, yes, gun control fires up a bunch of incompetents who don't bother to understand the legislation but have an irrational fear of gun control.

Well according to the pollsters it was.

The AWB flipped a couple of close seats in rural districts, but Clinton's economic agenda and the excellent marketing around the contract with America was more influential .

You do realize that she won't have the power to do that as president, at all, right ...?

Not by herself, but I would rather not have avowed enemies of our civil rights in one of the three branches of government if it can be avoided. and Hillary will practically count as two considering the makeup of the Supreme Court.

This is just assuming your own conclusion.

You simply labeled him a gun grabber to conclude that he's a gun grabber. And, yes, gun control fires up a bunch of incompetents who don't bother to understand the legislation but have an irrational fear of gun control.

"TRUMP: We have to have a watch list, but we have the laws already on the books as far as Second Amendment for guns, if people are on a watch list or people are sick, this is already covered in the legislation that we already have,
Q: But under current law people on the watch list are allowed to buy guns.
TRUMP: If somebody is on a watch list and an enemy of state and we know it's an enemy of state, I would keep them away, absolutely."
Donald Trump on Gun Control

Disgusting Donald says he totally supports the Second Amendment but guns must be kept away from the mentally ill and enemies of the state. for liberal Democrats, the mentally ill and enemies of the state would be everybody.

Wouldn't someone who has a fear of shaking hands be considered "mentally ill"? How about someone so greedy that he says there is no such thing as too greedy? How about someone who brags about his lying?

Not by herself, but I would rather not have avowed enemies of our civil rights in one of the three branches of government if it can be avoided. and Hillary will practically count as two considering the makeup of the Supreme Court.

Hysterical rhetoric notwithstanding, even with two branches of government, she cannot abolish the second amendment.

Hysterical rhetoric notwithstanding, even with two branches of government, she cannot abolish the second amendment.

Functionally she can. She'll appoint anti gun zealots who will rule every single law reasonable to the point where nothing is protected by 2A

Functionally she can. She'll appoint anti gun zealots who will rule every single law reasonable to the point where nothing is protected by 2A

Not only is that different but it would also require the third branch of government to actually do anyway.

You and I both - we repeatedly exposed Trump for the liberal Democrat he is, but those warnings fell on deaf ears. As I said months ago, Democrats and their friends in the media are delighted with Trump because now they can't lose - either way, a liberal Democrat will reside in the White House for another four years, at least.

Add me to that list of people who repeatedly warned. But these Trumpettes are a mighty petulant bunch. Even when it's obvious that the great man himself is shifting course as well if not better than any politician known to man, they still stick their fingers in their ears and says "Lalalala I don't hear you! Trump is awesome!".

Add me to that list of people who repeatedly warned. But these Trumpettes are a mighty petulant bunch. Even when it's obvious that the great man himself is shifting course as well if not better than any politician known to man, they still stick their fingers in their ears and says "Lalalala I don't hear you! Trump is awesome!".

those who caused Trump to be nominated I have serious doubts about their sanity. However, now that he is the nominee, I have to vote for him since Hillary is clearly a disaster on 2nd Amendment issues

those who caused Trump to be nominated I have serious doubts about their sanity. However, now that he is the nominee, I have to vote for him since Hillary is clearly a disaster on 2nd Amendment issues

Its a combination of Trump-tards and democrats who rat-****ed the primaries by either voting for Trump in open primaries or by switching party affiliation so they can vote for Trump. Democrat primaries had a much lower turn out than republican primaries and Trump did well in open primary states. Open primaries should be banned and party switchig should be banned when the candidates announce until the primary is over.

Why are voters changing their party affiliation this election cycle? - CBS News

OVER 100,000 DEMOCRAT VOTERS SWITCH PARTIES IN PENNSYLVANIA -- To Vote Trump

Out of fear or love, Trump driving Democrats, independents to Ohio?s GOP primary | The Columbus Dispatch

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/why-trump-wins-open-primaries-maybe.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rting-to-change-toward-more-closed-primaries/

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/03/ditch_and_switch_trump_may_be.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democrat-turnout-south-carolina_us_56d2e392e4b03260bf77247f

:) Well done, NRA. Well Done Indeed.

Gosh. If only someone had predicted that this would happen...... repeatedly..... for months....
NRA: Our Position on Terror Watchlist ‘Has Not Changed’
By Melanie Hunter | June 15, 2016 | 2:32 PM EDT
National Rifle Association executive director Chris W. Cox (left) GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump (center), and NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre (right) at the NRA convention Friday, May 20, 2016, in Louisville, Ky. (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) – The National Rifle Association issued a statement Wednesday, saying it is happy to meet with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump about blocking terrorists from buying guns, but its position on the issue has not changed.

“We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed. The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period,” Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement.

Trump announced on Twitter that he will be meeting with the NRA to discuss “not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.”

“Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist,” Cox said.

“At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue,” Cox added.

I know you have a hard on for Trump...but you are simply wrong. He is echoing the same position the NRA has held on the Terror Watch List. No one wants to see suspected terrorists be able to fly, buy guns, etc. We (I) just dont want to see a list that includes this guy...
GettyImages-74071692-f906cd0655b9c34e98dfeb97693c6a46.jpg...as a standard for denial of Constitutional rights.

It was almost felt like like telling a child over and over against that if he sticks the fork in the electrical socket he will electrocute himself. But he still did it. But in the case of the Trump=tards there was videos and books of Trump expressing his liberal views, there was the fact he donated to liberal candidates and RINO republicans ad the fact he had the democrat front runner and her husband show up to his wedding.

If trump becomes president the 2nd amendment will probably be the very least of your worries.

If trump becomes president the 2nd amendment will probably be the very least of your worries.

Mostly the biggest problem with be the mass suicides, huge mope ins and the exploding heads of the Cankles-loyalists. watch the end of MARS ATTACKS for edification of what things would look like

:) Well done, NRA. Well Done Indeed.

Gosh. If only someone had predicted that this would happen...... repeatedly..... for months....

Good lord!!

What is it about Trump that causes seemingly intelligent people, from all walks of life and all political persuasions, to totally blow up a simple statement from him?

I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 15, 2016

I don't see anything in that statement that gives any kind of indication that Trump is supporting Democrats on any issue. It simply says he's going to talk to the NRA about this particular issue.

I suggest y'all rein in your hyperbole, spin and assumptions and wait till he tells people what they talked about and what was said.

The problem with that is that being the preeminent republican representative by being the republican nominee for president makes him unquestionably republican. This makes your argument a no true scotsman fallacy.

If you don't like what the republican party has become, i don't blame you. You can't pick and choose what "republican" means to only indicate republicans whose views you agree with.

Frankly, if republicans were more willing to work with democrats, if their constituents were able to see that as the virtue that it is, if they had focused on actual issues rather than divisive rhetoric and these appeals to extremism, they would probably have found a much better nominee than Trump; but you can't blame those problems solely on Trump. You can blame republicans, they are reaping what they have sown.

The problem with that is that being the preeminent republican representative by being the republican nominee for president makes him unquestionably republican. This makes your argument a no true scotsman fallacy.

If you don't like what the republican party has become, i don't blame you. You can't pick and choose what "republican" means to only indicate republicans whose views you agree with.

Frankly, if republicans were more willing to work with democrats, if their constituents were able to see that as the virtue that it is, if they had focused on actual issues rather than divisive rhetoric and these appeals to extremism, they would probably have found a much better nominee than Trump; but you can't blame those problems solely on Trump. You can blame republicans, they are reaping what they have sown.

The Democrats did the same exist thing.

Back
Top Bottom