• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump asks for amend COVID bill

Man0in3Black

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

I'm asking Congress to amend this bill and increase the ridiculously low $600 to $2000 or $4000 per couple," Trump said in a video released on Twitter. "I'm also asking Congress to immediately get rid of the wasteful and unnecessary items in this legislation or to send me a suitable bill."

Not thrilled with the timing (where was he at the start), but not a bad ask by the Prez

President Chaos strikes again. He's all against the $600 stimulus checks, even though they were the idea of his own Treasury Secretary. I guess they don't talk much.

What a nutcase.

Yeah, this won't happen. Trump should have let us all in on his preferences before the bill was passed, not afterwards.

This is what you get when you elect an idiot as president. A cabbage can't run a government. Neither can Trump.

Yeah, this won't happen. Trump should have let us all in on his preferences before the bill was passed, not afterwards.

This is what you get when you elect an idiot as president. A cabbage can't run a government. Neither can Trump.

LOL you actually think this bill's failings was the President, not that of Congress....how ****ing partisan can you be.

A double middle finger by trump to mitch with vetoes of the NDAA and the COVID bill. Trump’s highly questionable pardons and ‘attempted coup’. Who says he’s AWOL?

LOL you actually think this bill's failings was the President, not that of Congress....how ****ing partisan can you be.

Why have a president if they are not going to lead the nation? Lead or get out of the way...

Why have a president if they are not going to lead the nation? Lead or get out of the way...

Spending bills originate in Congress...so you want him to violate the Constitution....so you can bitch about him violating the Constitution? Make up your ****ing mind.

Spending bills originate in Congress...so you want him to violate the Constitution....so you can bitch about him violating the Constitution? Make up your ****ing mind.

Stop with the grade school arguments... Good lord, what is it with Trump supporters and their childish arguments.. It may come as shock but presidents are actually supposed to work with congress on spending... One big clue is the BUDGET they submit every year...

I'm asking Congress to amend this bill and increase the ridiculously low $600 to $2000 or $4000 per couple," Trump said in a video released on Twitter. "I'm also asking Congress to immediately get rid of the wasteful and unnecessary items in this legislation or to send me a suitable bill."

Not thrilled with the timing (where was he at the start), but not a bad ask by the Prez
Not sure about the amounts, but this bill is filled with hundreds of millions of money to foreign countries for “gender” issues, etc.

The President's own Treasury Secretary pushed for the $600 checks. During the negotiations, which were all over the news media, Trump himself stayed silent. How partisan of you to refuse to acknowledge the utter chaos that is the Trump White House.

Being relevant during a major negotiation is not a violation of the Constitution.

Agreed, it's not, and tell me, how do you know he wasn't relevant?

The President's own Treasury Secretary pushed for the $600 checks. During the negotiations, which were all over the news media, Trump himself stayed silent. How partisan of you to refuse to acknowledge the utter chaos that is the Trump White House.

So him staying silent about negotiations is now a bad thing....**** you people can't even make up your own ****ing mind.

So him staying silent about negotiations is now a bad thing....**** you people can't even make up your own ****ing mind.

You're serious? This is the best you can do? Protip: When all you have to offer is pablum, it's best to post nothing at all.

He just told the world. Not that it wasn’t already obvious.

Oh, you mean when he said he wanted a higher amount and to get rid of the pork? I mean, sure, I guess that's not relevant.....but I think the fact that they are going to get a higher amount and get rid of the pork kinda blows that theory out of the ****ing water

WHERE IS THE TEA PARTY??????????

You're serious? This is the best you can do? Protip: When all you have to offer is pablum, it's best to post nothing at all.

LMAO word of the day club member eh? Tell you what, you get rid of the hypocrisy first, let's start there?

Oh, you mean when he said he wanted a higher amount and to get rid of the pork? I mean, sure, I guess that's not relevant.....but I think the fact that they are going to get a higher amount and get rid of the pork kinda blows that theory out of the ****ing water
His own party opposed the $600 direct payment until the deal. I’m sure the GOP Senators will support $2,000.

Tucker Carlson nails it. Tucker Carlson Tonight 12/22/20 | FOX BREAKING TRUMP NEWS Dec 22 ,2020 Full - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom