• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump as a disturbed juvenile

Reported.

Reported what? for saying you are not being truthful? You aren't telling the truth. Trump's mocking of a lying journalist for lying had nothing to do with the man's disability.

Reported what? for saying you are not being truthful? You aren't telling the truth. Trump's mocking of a lying journalist for lying had nothing to do with the man's disability.

You're not supposed to call someone a liar upstairs, counselor.

You are not being truthful. He did the same motions when mocking Senator Cruz.

No, that is not true no matter how often FOX tells you that it is. The motions he made regarding the disabled reporter were individual to him, clearly. He may have waved his arms with respect to Cruz, but he clearly mimicked the reporter as exactly as he could. And what difference does it make if he did make waving motions about Cruz. He still aped the motions of a disabled person, clearly to make light of how he has to move his arms. Is it okay with you to mimic disabled persons in order to basically make fun of them? How so?

You just used the word "mocking" and then you claim that he was not doing so. Which is it? Yes, he was CLEARLY MOCKING the manner in which the disabled reporter is forced to move his arms because of his illness. Is that okay with you to mock the actions of a disabled person? Evidently so, since you keep defending it.

so people are not doing as much business with you as a result? Are merchants in Europe jacking up your prices or refusing to serve you?

I haven't been there since I escaped in March due to COVID.:roll:

Nobody ever refused to serve me. Especially when they found out I wasn't a stupid Trump supporter.

I haven't been there since I escaped in March due to COVID.:roll:

Nobody ever refused to serve me. Especially when they found out I wasn't a stupid Trump supporter.

so then, WHAT'S YOUR DAMAGE?

You are not being truthful. He did the same motions when mocking Senator Cruz.

Again you use the word "mocking". Mocking is making fun of a person. Is it okay with you to mock the manner in which a disabled person MUST move his arms because of his illness? Personally, I found it quite disgusting and it makes Trump a pathetic excuse for a human being. Period.

He’s a rude and impertinent punk. What he really needed back in the day was for his mom to smack him upside the head, wash out his mouth with soap, grab him by the ear, and standing in the corner until he learned to behave. His mom did humanity a great disservice. Now, the best we might be able to do is get him into a juvenile detention center for rehab and learning some manners and social skills, maybe a basic education with high school level classes in science, civics, English, and history.

Totally agree.

Again you use the word "mocking". Mocking is making fun of a person. Is it okay with you to mock the manner in which a disabled person MUST move his arms because of his illness? Personally, I found it quite disgusting and it makes Trump a pathetic excuse for a human being. Period.

Why did Trump do the exact same thing to Cruz-who has no disabilities? Let me edify you as to proof of a discriminatory animus based on a disability

Did Trump treat a disabled person in a disrespectful way? YES

Did Trump also treat a person free of disability in the same disrespectful way? YES

Therefore, the person's disability was not what caused Trump to mock him.

Europeans never respect or like it when the United States has a president who they see as putting American interests above European interests. The presidents they like are those compliant and deferential with whatever Europeans want like Clinton and Obama

Respectful is different from deferential. Clinton and Trump were gentlemen who treated others in the same way. Trump is a BUFFOON and the laughingstock or not only Europe, but civilized people everywhere.
And Putin considers Trump a buffoon, too, one that he can work like a puppet because he knows that Trump won't say an unkind word about him because he knows that Trump wants to build a hotel in Moscow after he leaves office, and the only way he can do so is with Putin's okay. Only one instance of how Trump has sold out the US for his own personal gain. Latest instance is when he asked his British ambassador to see if he could get a prestigious tournament for his golf course.
I need to add an adjective: Trump is a CORRUPT buffoon.

Why did Trump do the exact same thing to Cruz-who has no disabilities? Let me edify you as to proof of a discriminatory animus based on a disability

Did Trump also treat a person free of disability in the same disrespectful way? YES

It really doesn't matter what caused Trump to mock him. The point is that he DID mock him. He DID move his arms in such a way as to try to make fun of the manner in which he is FORCED to move his arms because of his illness.
So if Trump had a disagreement with him, what is the proper course of action? What would someone have done who is not a petty buffoon?
Why, that person would have simply VERBALIZED his disagreements with the person, not go so far as MOCK his disability. Only a very childish and petty buffoon would do that.
And that is the very definition of Trump, along with all the other descriptions in that paragraph from my very first post in this thread.

Maybe not because of his disability, but that's what he used to make fun of the guy. There are plenty of mean people in this world, but seeing the mean president on TV is where I draw the line.

Trump made fun of the guy's disability, no matter how much his supporters lie and say he wasn't. He was. Fact.

Trump is a disgusting immature piece of ****.

so then, WHAT'S YOUR DAMAGE?

Unlike you and Trump fanatics, I have pride in my country and am smart enough to know we have had relationships with our allies for many many many decades. I also have self respect, something Trump supporters don't have.

I'm sorry it bothers you, but not everyone is a toothless moron who thinks Trump is swell because....guns!

Respectful is different from deferential. Clinton and Trump were gentlemen who treated others in the same way. Trump is a BUFFOON and the laughingstock or not only Europe, but civilized people everywhere.
And Putin considers Trump a buffoon, too, one that he can work like a puppet because he knows that Trump won't say an unkind word about him because he knows that Trump wants to build a hotel in Moscow after he leaves office, and the only way he can do so is with Putin's okay. Only one instance of how Trump has sold out the US for his own personal gain. Latest instance is when he asked his British ambassador to see if he could get a prestigious tournament for his golf course.
I need to add an adjective: Trump is a CORRUPT buffoon.

You people are simply amazing in how you justify your hatred.

You seriously think President Trump would basically bend over for Vladimir Putin for YEARS just so he can build a damned hotel?

I don't like how Trump seems so willing to go along with Putin but I at least think it has a lot more to do than simply wanting to build a hotel (and no, I don't believe Trump is being blackmailed)

What has Trump done that would hurt Legal immigrants? Legal asylum seekers? Muslims based on their faith?

Under current legislation and court decisions, a person who fled death squads in El Salvador and Guatemala in the 80s-90s, or some one who nowadays flees specific drug gang threats to their lives -- the reasons for recent Central American migration -- could seek asylum by fleeing persecution by groups the government "cannot or will not" control. Governments used guises such as death squads to cover up their killing of real or perceived dissidents and/or their families. This has been part of asylum law (accepted and not challenged by Reagan, the Bushes, Carter or Obama) since I evaluated and wrote positions on cases in the 1980-90s. He has also approved the fewest number of overseas refugee admissions in the history of the program. Along the way, he lied about how refugees are processed, suggesting little vetting, when they are among the most vetted of any immigrants. The process is easily found on the Dept. of State website.

Trump's anti-immigrant stance is easily seen across the spectrum of rules governing immigration. Just google "how has Trump made things harder on immigrants."

As to Muslims, he proposed a complete ban on Muslims until we find out "what is going on," as if we don't know. This was based solely on religion. Saner heads prevailed and he backed down from that outrageous notion.

You people are simply amazing in how you justify your hatred.

You seriously think President Trump would basically bend over for Vladimir Putin for YEARS just so he can build a damned hotel?

I don't like how Trump seems so willing to go along with Putin but I at least think it has a lot more to do than simply wanting to build a hotel (and no, I don't believe Trump is being blackmailed)

I can't think of any other reason, can you? The manner in which he kowtows to Putin makes absolutely no sense, so I was trying to think of reasons and that's the only one that made sense to me. We know that what Trump values above all else is himself and his properties. He had explored building a hotel in Moscow before he ran for the nomination. In fact, the CONTINUED to explore even after he had received the nomination, if I remember correctly. Which was yet another instance of CORRUPTION, of course. The nominee for president is not supposed to be using his potential power in the future to gain favors at the present. TOTAL CORRUPTION, as with almost everything he does.
Was it okay for him to ask the British ambassador to try to get a tournament at his golf course by talking to the "right" people? When is he not corrupt in looking out for himself first and only? Answer: never.

what caused tRump to mock the disabled person?

Back
Top Bottom