• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump, as a citizen, why the hell did you talk to Bob Woodward?

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Trump, if you read any of the Woodward books, you know he loves Democrats and despises Republicans. This is no secret. His book on Obama was a total whitewash of Obama. Trump, you have experts there in the White House. Why did you talk to Woodward?

It reminds me of when FDR was president had he had a chat with Tokyo Rose.

If we get Senile Biden, Trump it will be your fault.

Trump, if you read any of the Woodward books, you know he loves Democrats and despises Republicans. This is no secret. His book on Obama was a total whitewash of Obama. Trump, you have experts there in the White House. Why did you talk to Woodward?

This latest hysteria has a couple more news cycles and then it's onto the next take-down attempt. If Joe wants to go toe to toe with Trump about who took covid seriously first, Biden's gonna lose.

Couple things, his book on Obie was not appreciated by Obie and the reason TRump did the interview is because the man has such a grandiose opinion of himself, like he could make friends and have his way with anybody.

This latest hysteria has a couple more news cycles and then it's onto the next take-down attempt. If Joe wants to go toe to toe with Trump about who took covid seriously first, Biden's gonna lose.

Trump lied about the outbreak, ignored it totally and 200,000 Americans have died. I think Biden's gonna win that argument.

Woodward is the enemy of America. One poster says he attacked Obie. Trouble is in the book he whitewashed Obie.

i think that he just figures he can do anything he wants or sorta wants, so **** it. it's not like he's going to lose his base.

Trump lied about the outbreak, ignored it totally and 200,000 Americans have died. I think Biden's gonna win that argument.

Wow, Trump, Fauci, Blix and Hans all lied to us. Amazing lie you told here.

Funny that you call Biden senile while trump has shown such poor judgement. Why do you continue to support a president that has such poor judgement

Woodward is the CONSERVATIVE partner in Woodward & Bernstein, Bernstein is the liberal of the pair and always has been.
More important, if Trump had said the EXACT SAME THINGS he said to Woodward in front of the American people, he'd be on a slam dunk ride to reelection.

Let's take the transcript of his tape and apply it to the public podium just as a thought experiment.
My paraphrasing is in BOLD RED.

"My fellow Americans, we are face to face with a huge crisis, a viral pandemic. I have gathered the greatest medical experts in the world and I want you to listen to their advice. These are incredibly smart people who have kept this country safe for decades. They have devoted their entire lives to studying pandemics. I want you to devote a few minutes of your time to listen very carefully to what we have learned about this COVID-19 virus."

(TRANSCRIPT with Bob Woodward)

It goes through air. That’s always tougher than the touch. The touch, you don’t have to touch things, right? But the air, you just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed. And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus. People don’t realize, we lose 25,000, 30,000 people a year here. Who would ever think that, right?
This is more deadly. This is 5% versus 1%, and less than 1%. So this is deadly stuff.

Now it’s starting out it’s not just old people.
But just today and yesterday, some startling facts came out.
Young people too. Plenty of young people.

(End of transcript)

And now the off script part where Trump can wax poetic and presidential:

---"I am calling on all you great Americans to brace yourselves. Follow the precautions, wear your masks, wash your hands, get tested and be sure to sanitize all the surfaces in your homes, and don't get into a crowded area with lots of people, we cannot afford to do that right now.
This is the most deadly situation that America has faced in a century, this virus is not playing around, and I want each and every one of you to survive it because I want you around at the end of the year so you can vote to reelect me, but it's going to take a lot of sacrifice.
But just know that this is a shared sacrifice because every real American needs to help carry the burden so we can get through this.

Avoiding crowds, wearing your masks, washing your hands, cleaning your homes, these are patriotic things we must all do as Americans."

Had he shared something similar to the above there'd be nothing Dems could do to stop his reelection.

How can Biden lose when the POTUS was the first to be informed of the seriousness of the virus

Afraid I have to agree with the "why did you do interviews with Bob Woodward for his book". Woodward has done books on 5 Presidents I believe and all of them were bad, including parts of the one on Obama from what I hear. Everyone is sorry for doing those interviews. Woodward isn't a reporter he's an entrepreneur, looking to make a buck. What sells, salacious material. Half the Trump haters in the country are writing books on Trump because the liberals hate him so bad they will buy anything. I'm sure Trump like all politicians thought he could get his spin in on topics, and Woodward was going to print rumors without confirmation no matter whether he got Trump on record or not. Real problem is he let Woodward record it. Woodward is a cheap huckster and Trump should have known better.

Woodward is the enemy of America. One poster says he attacked Obie. Trouble is in the book he whitewashed Obie.

Oh for ****'s sake, Woodward is an American, not an enemy of America because he does not bow down to your god-king.

Trump suffers from a unique mixture of gross stupidity and extreme narcissism.

Funny that you call Biden senile while trump has shown such poor judgement. Why do you continue to support a president that has such poor judgement

Trump closed our borders to China end of January, about 2 days after it was heavily suspected that covid transmitted human to human. Do you know when the WHO declared covid-19 a pandemic?
March 11, 2020. A month and a half AFTER Trump closed our border.

That's excellent judgement.

See, I love this. Woodward drops a "bombshell", which btw, wasn't anywhere near. Only to dimwits who don't pay attention and recall that in MARCH, Trump said he wanted to play things down, keep things calm, to prevent panic.
As did Cuomo and others.

So, it's not news. It's not a bombshell. It's been Trump's telegraphed plan since MARCH.

Yeah, have fun for a couple more news cycles before y'all get the vapors over the next OH MY GOD BOMBSHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

i think that he just figures he can do anything he wants or sorta wants, so **** it. it's not like he's going to lose his base.

I and millions of excited Trump supporters plan to vote for Trump. We hope to correct his few screw ups with his victory.

Trump and his staff spent hours daily explaining how deadly this was. If you missed it, why did you miss it?

LOL. He spent hours telling you that you don’t need to wear mask, that young people only get the sniffles, that we need to open the economy, If you missed it, why did you miss it

Don't you get it, trump is in Love with the sound of his own voice, hence he keeps talking and talking, and I am sure there are more than a couple of advisors that are getting drunk nightly. I have said this since before he was elected, he just does not have the skill set to be quiet when he needs to and to speak and look Presidential when he needs to, instead he rambles and says stuff that he himself tries discount the next day. When are you going to figure out that trump just isn't fit for the Job. Hey look at it this way, next time around you can pick someone that isn't an inept boob.

LOL! Trump is an egotistical moron.

The fact that he thought he was making a good decision to talk to Woodward and that he thought he was making himself look good is indication enough for even the least educated Trump supporter than the man is manifestly incompetent!

And you guys want 4 more years of this? 190,000 dead Americans and Trump wanted to downplay it. But he's more than happy to pedal fear of "CARAVANS OF ILLEGALS!" "MEXICAN RAPISTS!" "ANTIFA!"

Trump supporters are hilarious!

Oh for ****'s sake, Woodward is an American, not an enemy of America because he does not bow down to your god-king.

Um, it's God Emperor.

Trump closed our borders to China end of January, about 2 days after it was heavily suspected that covid transmitted human to human. Do you know when the WHO declared covid-19 a pandemic?
March 11, 2020. A month and a half AFTER Trump closed our border.

That's excellent judgement.

See, I love this. Woodward drops a "bombshell", which btw, wasn't anywhere near. Only to dimwits who don't pay attention and recall that in MARCH, Trump said he wanted to play things down, keep things calm, to prevent panic.
As did Cuomo and others.

So, it's not news. It's not a bombshell. It's been Trump's telegraphed plan since MARCH.

Yeah, have fun for a couple more news cycles before y'all get the vapors over the next OH MY GOD BOMBSHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

And how many straight weeks was Trump on national TV telling us all how deadly the virus is?

Back
Top Bottom