• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Approves Major Disaster Declaration For California As Deadly Wildfires Rage On

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ifornia-wildfires_us_5bea2eb1e4b044bbb1a7a8b6

Days earlier, the president had blamed California for the fires and threatened to cut off federal funding.

President Donald Trump has approved a major disaster declaration for California, unlocking funds and other resources from federal agencies to help the tens of thousands of people affected by the deadly wildfires raging in the state.

“Wanted to respond quickly in order to alleviate some of the incredible suffering going on,” Trump wrote in a Monday tweet. “I am with you all the way.”
=================================================
Trump seems to change his mind as often as he lies. A climate change denier, this sudden change in direction looks to be pure politics.

Trump knows there's a lot of money and many "platform-enabled" voters in Malibu. They are the wrong people to piss off even more than he already has.

In light of the utter destruction, the president realizes that he shouldn’t have sent Saturday’s tweet in all likelihood.

No matter what he does to try and make it right it will never be enough for those who resist him.

In light of the utter destruction, the president realizes that he shouldn’t have sent Saturday’s tweet in all likelihood.

No matter what he does to try and make it right it will never be enough for those who resist him.

He could admit he's incapable of being president and resign. I'd forgive him. It's the responsible thing to do. He's in over his head and it's only by pure miracle and the fact that he has a group surrounding him that knows he's mentally diminished and try to reduce damage that we haven't had even more chaos and damage to the country that could never be repaired. As it is our standing in the world and soft power around the world will take decades to rebuild.

I maintain that if he would stop causing so many things which need to be made right, a lot of people would let the past be the past. The corps of resisters would shrink to about the size of the corps of people who are treating Trump like a contender for the best president in history.

But we'll never be able to test my hypothesis, will we? Because Trump won't stop saying outrageous and cruel things and then having to try to plaster over them with what should have been the bare minimum initial response.

Change “Saturday” and that applies to the majority of what comes from Trump’s Twitter account!

Making things “right” insn’t in the DNA here.......

He literally watched Americans burn for over a week while threatening them. Now you think we should be praising how quickly and honorably he's reacted? **** off.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ifornia-wildfires_us_5bea2eb1e4b044bbb1a7a8b6

Days earlier, the president had blamed California for the fires and threatened to cut off federal funding.

President Donald Trump has approved a major disaster declaration for California, unlocking funds and other resources from federal agencies to help the tens of thousands of people affected by the deadly wildfires raging in the state.

“Wanted to respond quickly in order to alleviate some of the incredible suffering going on,” Trump wrote in a Monday tweet. “I am with you all the way.”
=================================================
Trump seems to change his mind as often as he lies. A climate change denier, this sudden change in direction looks to be pure politics.

Good, but this is something that should have been done days ago. A president doesn't deserve brownie points simply for doing his job.

I maintain that if he would stop causing so many things which need to be made right, a lot of people would let the past be the past. The corps of resisters would shrink to about the size of the corps of people who are treating Trump like a contender for the best president in history.

But we'll never be able to test my hypothesis, will we? Because Trump won't stop saying outrageous and cruel things and then having to try to plaster over them with what should have been the bare minimum initial response.

I’ve been saying for a long time that when he goes on one of these Twitter rants, he often becomes his own worst enemy.

He could admit he's incapable of being president and resign. I'd forgive him. It's the responsible thing to do. He's in over his head and it's only by pure miracle and the fact that he has a group surrounding him that knows he's mentally diminished and try to reduce damage that we haven't had even more chaos and damage to the country that could never be repaired. As it is our standing in the world and soft power around the world will take decades to rebuild.

What about his voters who don’t share your vision?
To hell with the voters, right?

As to quote one video "Why can't everyone be right like me?"

I am so sick of reading the stupidity that comes from those who think they have something up on the voters.

I am so sick of reading the stupidity that comes from those who think they have something up on the voters.

What also annoys me is when one side basically says "its my way or the high way". Its really damn annoying.

What about his voters who don’t share your vision?
To hell with the voters, right?

The **** are you talking about? I gave my opinion of what he should do. Has nothing to do with his voters. He's not forced to follow it, and just because they don't "share my vision" doesn't mean I'm not allowed to express an opinion. That's an incredibly stupid argument you got going there.

The **** are you talking about? I gave my opinion of what he should do. Has nothing to do with his voters. He's not forced to follow it, and just because they don't "share my vision" doesn't mean I'm not allowed to express an opinion. That's an incredibly stupid argument you got going there.

And I asked you rhetorical questions in light of the angry nonsense you wrote.

Change “Saturday” and that applies to the majority of what comes from Trump’s Twitter account!

Making things “right” insn’t in the DNA here.......

As a Trump supporter, these constant self inflicted wounds of his are the hardest things to take. It seems that no matter what the situation, you can cont on Trump to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. I like that he is open and transparent and says whats on his mind, but its annoying that he is so open and transparent and says whatever is on his mind.

Last edited:

Perhaps you might try a more intelligent 'opinion' if you want more intelligent responses.

I’ve been saying for a long time that when he goes on one of these Twitter rants, he often becomes his own worst enemy.

Indeed you have. As have I and many many others. Hes just not getting it. But you have to remember, Trump was a New York liberal for the first 70 years of his life. So saying childish, dishonest things are practically ingrained in his DNA ;)

As a Trump supporter, these constant self inflicted wounds of his are the hardest things to take. It seems that no matter what the situation, you can cont on Trump to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. I like that he is open and transparent and says whats on his mind, but its annoying that he is so open and transparent and says whatever is on his mind.

If he had more admirable things on his mind, it wouldn't be such a problem.

The president's tweet threatening to cut funding may come to that if California doesn't start doing a better job of protecting its citizens. Like I stated in another thread, California for decades has been allowing the building of houses creating communities that back right up to these "natural" wildfire tinderboxes. They do a poor job of maintenance around the communities like removing dead brush and trees. And on a windy day a burning ember can travel a mile by air. The Trump administration wanted to sale a portion of the Federal lands in California but it has been met with lawsuits. I would think these communities would be much interested in this land so that they could clear it creating a barrier that would help protect them from future fires.

What has happening in California is terribly sad and something needs to be done to protect these people that are in harms way.

And I asked you rhetorical questions in light of the angry nonsense you wrote.

Rhetorical questions are supposed to prove a point. Your's didn't. It merely sidetracked the discussion. You should go research rhetorical questions and other such literary devices so that you don't use them incorrectly in the future.

Perhaps you might try a more intelligent 'opinion' if you want more intelligent responses.

Thanks for agreeing that the reply I received wasn't an intelligent response.

As for my opinion being less than intelligent, I'd ask why you think that? A large plurality of people either currently agree with me or did in the past until it became politically dangerous to do so. I don't think you need me to pull up the copious quotes about Trumps instability and temperament said by republicans during the primary election (and since for some). I don't think you need me to pull the quotes from his own handpicked cabinet officials and appointee's regarding his child-like and less than adequate mental faculties. The reality here is that Clinton was a terrible candidate, much of the country wanted anybody but her, so they elected an incredibly flawed individual who isn't capable, morally or mentally, for the job but they have already bet their money on him and therefor can't acknowledge the **** show. That's just reality. I applaud you for speaking up about his tweets, but do you think the tweets are the problem? Or is it they guy typing them up? Twitter isn't making him say that ****. He says the same stupid stuff when talking off script or to other heads of states. Do you think that he can't manage an iota of decency or intelligence in a tweet but is somehow brilliantly handling phone calls and meetings every day? Do you think the man who is the number one birther troll isn't actually an idiot with flawed thought processes? The man who had to pay out 25 million bucks for scamming americans into a fake university mixed with a get rich quick scheme is actually fully capable of dealing with the high level decisions of POTUS?

You simply can't make that argument. You know it and I know it. The best case for Trump is and always has been "Hillary Clinton is an awful person." It starts there and ends there.

Oh please. Ivanka obviously told daddy that he should help the Californians. Otherwise he wouldn't have done nothing but tweet more disgusting threats and attacks.

Back
Top Bottom